BETA - Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Patch 2 (BETA 2 is up!)

• Developer

Hey Guys! We’d like to encourage ALL of you to help us test our upcoming patch!! Here’s what to expect:

Beta 2 changes

• fixed double point awards at end of game
    • fixed blue rocks in frigid
    • voting works with SDK maps, Frigid, and Moor
    • StartGameManual works for SDK users
    • fixed issue where a weapon name would appear as “textfield” (introduced in Beta 1)
    • toned down moon in Moor (Tyler: “WHAT WAS I THINKING”), gave Moor colour grading and proper character brightness

New

• Medals added,victory defeat screen updated, team points updated on the post game scoreboard
    • Players can now use achieved titles in-game
    • Added reshuffle option during end of match Map votes
    • Also updated default game to include more maps for the map rotation and map voting
    • SDK support (mods and maps)
    • Moor and Frigid from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are now available for all gamemodes except duel.

Bug fixes

• Fixed bug with first letter of chat on post game screen sticking sometimes
    • Fixed timing for double axe animation weapons, 2nd slash recover time matches the 1st slash attack recovery
    • Fixed team damage stat for FFA/Duels.
    • News ticker update - no more text stretching
    • Fixed picking up throwables that hit corpses.
    • Vote options are disabled for 2 seconds after a match to prevent accidental voting
    • Fixed missing heads on death for some characters
    • Fixed helmets and other attachments on death
    • Fixed projectile stickies attached to head
    • Fixed rare instance of preview character dying
    • Fixed de-ranking when losing XP
    • You may now abstain from map voting by hitting ESC
    • Killing an enemy you’ve thrown a smoke pot at allows you to recover the pot ammo(Ninja)
    • Ninja interrupted when throwing a shuriken will no longer switch to fists
    • Fixed rare t-pose occurrence
    • Ping limits on servers now properly work and kick players with ping that is over a configurable threshold
    • Fixed: profile screen has a text field with the text “textfield” if you haven’t clicked anything
    • Fixed being able to survive the pit in Acropolis.

Server Browser

The Server Browser has undergone changes and improvements to better present User Generated Content (mods and custom maps)

• Mod name column is sortable
    • Coloured background behind servers with custom maps or mods – gold for maps, cyan for mods
    • Move both min and max ranks into a “rank” column
    • Use the now-vacant Min Rank column for “Mod”; allows sorting by custom content (“Mod”, “Map”, or “None”)
    • Max rank of “0” now shows as the infinity symbol (since that’s functionally what it is)

Improvements

• Change time played to hours from minutes
    • Fixed the minimum respawn time in FFA.
    • Duel: both players have to accept a rematch.
    • Added new bDisableAutoBalance flag, default to false.
    • poleaxe animation updated
    • Toggle shield consistent between weapons.
    • ESC now skips the vote options
    • Update stats on logout, minimize the amount of stats writing to lower Steam thread burn on CPU
    • Client rank-up notification now occurs server-side.
    • Visual notification of rank ups
    • Visual notification for victory / defeat
    • Added score to HTB(Hold the Banner) for banner carrier
    • Added scoring for PTB
    • Ammo counter display has been improved
    • Removed team damage penalty in LTS (Last team Standing) mode
    • Parrybox improvements

Optimization

• Reduce sound memory used based on user’s available system memory. If you’re a 32-bit user who was having an issue with the game crashing before, try again and see what happens now.

• This is the new “MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren” in CDWSystemSettings.ini. This represents the number of different, randomly-selected sounds you’ll hear for the same effect (e.g. for VO, hits, etc.). The highest we set it to is 18, the lowest 2.

Training

• Fixed Training messages for Dodge and Feint to include the alternative one button dodge (v) and RMB feint
    • Fixed missing textures in Training

• @CrustaceanSoup:

• Moor and Frigid from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are now available for all gamemodes except duel.

This is awesome. Would have preferred Argon’s Wall but hell I’ll take any new map I can.

• Here comes Oy.

• Nice to see you guys back!

• @CrustaceanSoup:

New

• SDK support (mods and maps)

Optimization

• Reduce sound memory used based on user’s available system memory. If you’re a 32-bit user who was having an issue with the game crashing before, try again and see what happens now.

• This is the new “MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren” in CDWSystemSettings.ini. This represents the number of different, randomly-selected sounds you’ll hear for the same effect (e.g. for VO, hits, etc.). The highest we set it to is 18, the lowest 2.

Never thought DW would get a patch,haha.
    Anyway,all these sound good.Keep up the good work TB.

Also,I have a question:
    How does the ping limit work,and which is that limit?(200 ping,300 ping,etc.)

• @Xrathk:

Never thought DW would get a patch,haha.
    Anyway,all these sound good.Keep up the good work TB.

Also,I have a question:
    How does the ping limit work,and which is that limit?(200 ping,300 ping,etc.)

The ping limit is completely configurable, however, the minimum ping is 20.

• Will Frigid be the same map as it was in C:MW? Traps, spawn locations etc? Because though I would like Frigid it always suffered from not ever having the fighting in the middle. People were either fighting at one teams spawn point, or the other.

Any chance of a vote for future map cross-overs? I didn’t think Moor and Frigid to be people’s top spots.

• Glad to see some updates for DW. Some things I’d like to see in next patch.

Improved Auto Balance - Make both types work well together and not allow people to join a team with more players on it.
    Ability to set rounds to length in seconds instead of minutes. 3 min seems too short sometimes and 4 min seems too long and drawn out in LTS.

Or a balance pass on the following.
    Ninja Bo Staff - All red tracers.
    Spartan Sarissa - Maybe needs reworked animations and drag dmg lowered. Can slap people with the side of the pole and it does either a slash or stab.
    Spartan Dory - 1 shot kills on throw and unblockable.
    Knight Mace - Unblockable punch spam.
    Knight Sword - 180 degree stab drags and quick turns = twirling knights.
    Knight Halberd - Drag on stabs being able to go around shields with slight wiggle.
    Samurai Naginata - Drag, same as sarissa. Slash or stab dmg when dragging and hitting with the pole.
    Samurai Katana - Seems really slow.
    Viking Shield - Has no weight and can be thrown twice as far as a Javelin and a lot further than the shurikens.

• @Jon:

Will Frigid be the same map as it was in C:MW? Traps, spawn locations etc? Because though I would like Frigid it always suffered from not ever having the fighting in the middle. People were either fighting at one teams spawn point, or the other.

Any chance of a vote for future map cross-overs? I didn’t think Moor and Frigid to be people’s top spots.

It’s a direct port. Frigid and Moor were the only maps from CMW that this was feasible on, due to the small pool of assets (some of which were replaced with fjord assets) that they use. They also run all of the CDW supported game modes.

• Have to admit, I may have sharted in my pants a wee bit when I saw this. A little overdue but with some nice surprises (NEW-ISH MAPS!!!). Gonna have to wait a bit to try this, but thank fuck we finally see some nice bugfixes and content.

What about the bug where you join a server and there’s random foreign languages all over the class select menu and everything’s locked? I run into this quite frequently, the work-around is to just close the menu and reopen it after a few seconds or else it gets stuck on your screen till you rejoin. Also, all red staff tracers, and some weapon balancing.

Anyway, VERY happy to see this patch, ty.

• @Andrew:

It’s a direct port. Frigid and Moor were the only maps from CMW that this was feasible on, due to the small pool of assets (some of which were replaced with fjord assets) that they use. They also run all of the CDW supported game modes.

Have you guys looked into the level 5 glitch? :D

• This post is deleted!

• @DaGGyzo:

The ping limit is completely configurable, however, the minimum ping is 20.

I take it setting below 20 just makes the game ignore the ping limit, my test on ping 10 didn’t have any effect but 30 works fine
    I feel this sort of information should be posted before someone asks…

• Oh yeah, can you fix small and medium maps listing as large on the map vote screen?

• I was so worried TB was going to abandon DW, pumped to see this is not the case.

• Im so happy about this patch! I love MW and DW… Each in its own way ;) Many people are eagerly waiting for this to go live ;)

• Great to see a patch. Please let me kick shields as a viking though…seems silly that a 2h axe is the most useless weapon vs shields :P

• Hat about the two handed sword of war parry animation?

• Developer

Updated. Beta 2 notes at the top of the first post.

• I like what I see! But I noticed two bugs with the Ninja so far:
    Spamming the throwing star button, will make the character do the animation, lose a star but one will not be thrown.
    Another is, when you change to your hands and THEN throw, it switches back to your main weapon.