"Staggered" when shot

• Not sure what this is, but I’ll do my best to explain it.

Sometimes when you get shot by an archer while switching weapons or when throwing things, you get put into this weird animation where it looks like in first person that you are briefly stumbling.

When this happens when throwing things, even fire torches, it can lock you into the throwing animation and you are unable to attack until respawn.

Does anyone know what this is actually called or what purpose it serves? Is it a bug? Anyone else even experienced what I’m talking about?

• You get flicnched. But when you are changing weapons the flinch animation happens after the weapon change instead of interrupting it.

If it interrupted it you would have to swap weapons again as it would of put you back on the weapon you started with.

• If its new perhaps it is a result of the bug fix which let you dodge arrows when what was it switching weapon or from run to walk something like that. I’d report it in the bugs section.

• I guessed as much it was just flinching, but it seems to lock people into a permanent flinch animation if you are shot while throwing something sometimes.

• This also happens when fighting more than one person when you get hit and go into infinte flinch

• Yeah. This has happened to me a few times but its like you said. Happens if I am in mid throw. It’s like you get interrupted but still threw the projectile. Acts like its trying to switch you back to throwing weapon even though it’s gone.

• I’ve only seen it happen to me a couple of times and it’s really difficult to pin point what exactly caused it. I think it’s mostly related to the fix they tried to make where if you switched to your secondary while taking damage, you would get flinched afterwards so archers couldn’t parry a combo attack if they were trying to switch out as they took damage. Of course, they can still parry your combo and don’t always get flinched for some reason.

• I like how arrows can flinch you in the release of your swing. gd feature. would pay for game again.

• @dudeface:

I like how arrows can flinch you in the release of your swing. gd feature. would pay for game again.

If they were actually the case then I would of saved the lives of many team mates to make up for the times I shot them in the back.

• @lemonater47:

If they were actually the case then I would of saved the lives of many team mates to make up for the times I shot them in the back.

You can’t flinch team mates.

• @dudeface:

I like how arrows can flinch you in the release of your swing. gd feature. would pay for game again.

At least two times today. Some cunt with pebbles kept nailing me mid drag. Flinch in release, the most effective knight nerf to date.

• @dudeface:

I weep tears of blood every time this fucking happens.

• @SOC:

You can’t flinch team mates.

Wasnt talking about hitting the team mate. Talking about hitting the enemy that’s gone slash my team mate. And the fact that previously I probably did shoot a team mate in the back.

• @LTTLWLF:

At least two times today. Some cunt with pebbles kept nailing me mid drag. Flinch in release, the most effective knight nerf to date.

Woah woah woah. We like to be called gods, not cunts ;) I know what you’re talking about though. Used to happen to me when using throwing axes. Haven’t played vanguard for a good couple of weeks now though, and don’t plan to do so ever again.

• @lemonater47:

It’s a thing that happens all the time. It’s beyond enraging.