On this update

• This update seem to work fine, even the charge been fixed. There is one issue though. Nothing has been done about networking, it’s been bad since dw. I join servers that say ping under 100 and there I get over 100 and it jumps higher and then drops. Even with ping I get the game still lags too much. Is there no notion that network is broken? I do not want to hear that it must be me. The game worked for me just fine before dw and after I get the same lag in mw as I get in there. It is only these games that do that, any other game I try my ping is fine and mind the fact that this game did not lag before.
    I am not the only one with that issue. On every server I play if I open tab, there plenty more players with around same ping and some are high lvls like me. So does that mean that everyone is stupid and just joins servers with high pings? They just have same issue where game lags even if they do join server with good ping. There has been no such high number of players with high ping before as it is now so it must be the game and not the users. I know some wanna say that their ping is fine but you got to understand that this does not affect everyone and if your ping is fine, mine and those other players ping is not.

• @Sciffer:

This update seem to work fine, even the charge been fixed. There is one issue though. Nothing has been done about networking, it’s been bad since dw. I join servers that say ping under 100 and there I get over 100 and it jumps higher and then drops. Even with ping I get the game still lags too much. Is there no notion that network is broken? I do not want to hear that it must be me. The game worked for me just fine before dw and after I get the same lag in mw as I get in there. It is only these games that do that, any other game I try my ping is fine and mind the fact that this game did not lag before.
    I am not the only one with that issue. On every server I play if I open tab, there plenty more players with around same ping and some are high lvls like me. So does that mean that everyone is stupid and just joins servers with high pings? They just have same issue where game lags even if they do join server with good ping. There has been no such high number of players with high ping before as it is now so it must be the game and not the users. I know some wanna say that their ping is fine but you got to understand that this does not affect everyone and if your ping is fine, mine and those other players ping is not.

Has it fixed the level 5 bug?

• I am not sure about that one.

• I’ve been noticing it a lot too, but I thought it was just my new net. Trying to join a server that says 70 ping but when you get in it’s like 104.

• @SOC:

I’ve been noticing it a lot too, but I thought it was just my new net. Trying to join a server that says 70 ping but when you get in it’s like 104.

Since as far back as I can remember the server browser always reports lower ping (by about 30) than the actual server once you join… I thought that was a feature :P

• @RavnosCC:

Since as far back as I can remember the server browser always reports lower ping (by about 30) than the actual server once you join… I thought that was a feature :P

It never did for me before I moved here, and I’ve been playing since closed beta.

• I doubt the current level of server stability helps either. 32-24 player servers crash on a regular basis, servers hiccup constantly, causing mini spikes and dropouts, desyncs are more common than ever and easier to force, plus the ghost combo swings after successful parries just to name a few. Citadel still makes everyones ping skyrocket every game as well. A bit of reassurance from the devs that they’re attempting to figure it out would be great.

• This sounds like a packet loss thing. I’ve tried this with many different servers but received a variation of 15ms. Can you test your connection at www.pingtest.net. Let me know what you get as far as packet loss is concerned.

• I have had zero ping issues and server crashes

but then again im playing on simrai and have a good connection

• @DaGGyzo:

This sounds like a packet loss thing. I’ve tried this with many different servers but received a variation of 15ms. Can you test your connection at www.pingtest.net. Let me know what you get as far as packet loss is concerned.

I had really bad packet loss before I upgraded my net down here, but it’s actually pretty good now. I’ve noticed in other Unreal Games (Like Strike Vector, game sucks, don’t recommend, has even worse server browser than Chivalry) the same issue, where I’d go to join a 50 ping server and when I get in it’s always like 80.

• You should see red orchestra 2. Says you are gonna get 60. Its 120. Thank god ping doesn’t matter nearly as much In that game.

• Most games have a 15-30 ping differential from game browser to in game. When the browser tests for ping it usually sends a small packet to test but most server browsers do not have a dynamic ping checker. They do not continue to test ping. Many things can efffect ping and there are plenty of information on it. In most cases there just isnt much you can do about it. But if you are wireless, get wired. Wireless N is max 300megs where wired is so much faster and stable.