Sprint Lockout

• This is just to make it very clear to Tibbs and TB what we want to do with sprint lockout. It’s been talked about and discussed, but there was never a formal poll. The layout will be the same as Fvnob’s. I’ll have an actual poll as well to make it easier for people to see the results.

1: Yes/No/Indecisive

2: Amount of time (hours)

3: Comment (say something you want to say)

Just to clarify, sprint lockout is a feature that was implemented in the July patch. What it does, is if you parry while sprinting, your sprint will be stopped.

• 1: Yes

2: 770 hours (with competitive experience)

3: Sprint lockout combined with the bubble kills any kind of footwork that skilled players used to be able to use to defeat multiple opponents.

• 1. Yes

2. 1600 Hours (some competitive)

3. Sprint lockout was an answer to dancing, but dancing was never terribly effective except against newer players. What sprint lockout effectively did was further handicap players in 1vN settings.

Edit:

Just had a thought. What if sprint lockout were left in for shields, but removed for weapons. That way, shields are a bit more distinct from parries and it would help shield knights keep multiple opponents from running in circles around them.

• A. Yes
    2. 1,500
    D. Unnecessary addition to the game

2: 1400 hours

3: There was nothing wrong with it. High risk, high reward. Easy to counter and easy to punish. Should have never been removed IMO.

1. Twould be nice if removed
    2. 605 with a mix of DW and beta
    3. It makes combat feel clunky… maybe, I honestly can’t remember before then, but I’d like to try now I am better, if it’s possible of course. If people are worried, maybe not have it for vanguards/ twohanders?

2: 600 hours

3: Sprint lockout did but nothing but hinder legitimate techniques, no need for it.

• 1. Yes

2. ~650 hours, between 2/3 and 5/6 of it being competitive experience and duels

3. Raises the game’s skill ceiling, why the hell not? And btw, TBS, the vanguard dancing roflcopter tactics for which you implemented this sprint lockout aren’t even good against decent players.

• Yes
    The lockout makes combat less interesting imo and decreases your options.

Edit: “Just to clarify, sprint lockout is a feature that was implemented in the July patch. What it does, is if you parry while sprinting, your sprint will be stopped.”
    It’s not if you parry, it is if you GET parried.

• 1. Yes (but ONLY when the bubble goes as well)
    2. 1400
    3. No if the bubble stays - otherwise long weapons and dancing would be almost unbeatable. (I actually liked the idea but it seems to hurt the combat flow -> not a simulation argument)

1. Indecisive
    2. 700 hours
    3. You forgot to mention that sprint lockout also occurs when you are flinched. Sprint lockout is necessary now as Vanguards had a massive buff to their primary weapon knock back values in the exact same patch. Bubble or not, it would be too difficult for any slower class to get in retaliation range of the Vanguard if he could remain sprinting while throwing attacks at you which knock you back. Besides, it’s only a .5 second lock out, easily still managable if you are skilled to start sprinting again almost immiedately after.

• 1. Yes
    2. 900 hours
    3. Dancing is quite easy to counter anyway, no need for that lockout

2: 900

3: Limits skillful footwork and feels clunky.

• 1. Yes

2. 1133

3. Anonymous polls are dumb. Who the fuck voted no and didn’t post?

Edit: DOKB?! I thought you were cool. Don’t forget that they re-nerfed the vanguard knockback values. Sprint lockout only leads to sluggish bullshit and considering how powerful archers are, vanguards need to be quite strong as well lest they be paper knights like they were in pre-patch.

• I voted no.

• @DokB:

I voted no.

Edited ;)

Honestly though, I saw your avatar and just assumed you voted yes lol

• Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.

Hm, I must have missed this. Either way, seeing as all the classes suffer the same knock back values from Vanguard weapons, I’ve proposed in the past the Knight being less effected by it as he is a more weighty than some leather bound Archer.

My minds open to change though, but the way I currently see it, even if we remove the sprint lock out, the Vanguard is no less a paper Knight like you said. He still has access to the Greatsword/Halberd/Brandi which are ridiculously good weapons for zoning (assuming they remain unchanged with the upcoming balance patch).

BTW can we discuss in this thread or is this thread just for voting/echo box?

• I think it would be good to discuss.

Personally I don’t mind which way it goes too much but without it combat looks strange seeing people running around like idiots constantly swinging. Though easily countered by standing still.

All you are doing is buffing vanguards in pubs removing the sprint lockout.

And come on if you hit something its gonna slow you down. Especially whacking a shield. Maybe make the sprint lockout only apply to getting blocked by shields. A tad more realism and making shields more useful at the same time.

• @lemonater47:

I think it would be good to discuss.

Personally I don’t mind which way it goes too much but without it combat looks strange seeing people running around like idiots constantly swinging. Though easily countered by standing still.

All you are doing is buffing vanguards in pubs removing the sprint lockout.

And come on if you hit something its gonna slow you down. Especially whacking a shield. Maybe make the sprint lockout only apply to getting blocked by shields. A tad more realism and making shields more useful at the same time.

You guys also forget that back in June we didn’t have chase mechanic in FFA duels. Now, if they try that you can just stick to them like glue.

• @DokB:

My minds open to change though, but the way I currently see it, even if we remove the sprint lock out, the Vanguard is no less a paper Knight like you said. He still has access to the Greatsword/Halberd/Brandi which are ridiculously good weapons for zoning (assuming they remain unchanged with the upcoming balance patch).

This is my main issue with removing the lockout. I’d have to see it in action to actually make a sound call on it purely because some of the knockback levels are still pretty crazy, not to mention the stamina drain. It would probably effect the knight the most, especially seeing as the chase mechanic kicks in way too slow to allow us to close ground. Give it a few tweaks though and I’d probably be all for it.