Remove Bubble Vote

• Again, just like the sprint lockout thread. Tibbs you should know by now that NOBODY except a couple of mid-skill pubbers want the bubble to stay, but I’ll make it very clear in this thread. It will follow the same layout as Fvonb’s with an actual poll to make the results easier to see.

1: Yes/No/Indecisive

2: Amount of time (hours)

3: Comments (say whatever you want to say)

Again, by now you guys should know that the bubble is awful and needs to be removed. But this thread will make it very clear.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the possibility of simply shrinking the bubble. I’ll change the name of the thread and poll to account for that.

DOUBLE EDIT: Well I can’t change the name of the thread or poll. Just imagine it says “and/or shrink it” :P

• 1: Yes

2: 770 hours (with competitive experience)

3: The bubble adds nothing good to the game, and only makes it worse. Nobody has been able to form a counterargument for it. It needs to go, or at least become much smaller.

• 1. Yes

2. 700 Hours

3. Didn’t fix what it was intended for, only caused more headaches and problems in the long run. Reduction of size or complete removal needed.

• Yes
    Reduction or removal.

• 1. Yes

2. 1400 Hours

3. No reason to have it in the first place.

• 1. Yes

2. 900 hours

3. Remove it, fights feel a lot smoother without it and it’s really annoying to get stuck between the bubbles of two enemies.

2: 900

3: Limits skillful footwork and doesn’t fix facehugging or handle hits.

• 1. Yes

2. 666 hours(not kidding)

3. It doesn’t do what it was supposed to do. I’d be willing to overlook the ridiculous amount of bugs the bubble brought along with player models stuttering and being stuck in another player’s bubble mid-air at the top of my mind but the least thing it can do is prevent handle-hits, stabs dragged to the point that I can’t even call it a competitive trick anymore and anyone with a hatchet and ping over 80 completely ignores your parries anyway from time to time so might as well remove the bubble entirely if facehugging is still allowed.

• 1. Yes, reduced or removed entirely.

2. 1600 hours

3. The bubble extends behind someone, so it is literally impossible sometimes to actually hit someone you are behind. It didn’t solve the problem it was designed for. Either needs to be seriously reduced, or removed entirely.

• 1. Yes

2. Approx. 250-300 hours MW

3. The bubble is probably the main reason I can’t get into regular Chivalry anymore. It was created to slow the combat down and appease bad players who couldn’t deal with the “facehug bug”, but it also gives birth to tons and tons of scenarios where the clunkiness of the collision between becomes problematic. I honestly believe that a bubble like the current could work if the collision didn’t operate the way it does, but I have yet to see a game handling this well. Even if the collision was smooth, the bubble would still be unnecessary, and could still prevent you from moving fluently in tight scenarios.

• 1. Yes
    2. ~1400
    3. Invisible walls are always bad. Also the bubble failed absolutely - it did not solve a single issue and introduced a couple new ones. Lookdown instant hits and handle hits (“facehug bug”) are still ingame for the weapons they were most problematic on. Parrying is more difficult and counterintuitive because people bounce off your bubble. And its still possible to slash through lantern posts and trees.

• There’s been a million of these threads even I made one and it has 95%+ voting yes by the time it dies nothing happens.

8 months, lots of these polls. Nothing happens.

Also evil minion even if they removed the bubble there still would be an invisible wall around us. Just a smaller one. No new problems were brought in it just made the existing problems of having player collision worse.

• @Evil:

And its still possible to slash through lantern posts and trees.

I think this issue increased with the optimisation patch before Christmas last year. A lot of models were made transparent to weapon collision and Vanguard charge seems to just ignore all solid objects.

• 1. Yes

2. 795 hours.

3. Just pop the damn thing.

• @lemonater47:

There’s been a million of these threads even I made one and it has 95%+ voting yes by the time it dies nothing happens.

Lemon the whole reason we’re making these polls now is because Tibbs is actually reading them now. We want to make it very clear to him what we want, so he doesn’t have to searching for dead threads.

• 1. Yes

2. 660 hours

3. Pretty sure this ones a no brainer.

• Someone voted no…

• 1. yes, or at least reduce the bubble a good bit.

2. ~2500

3. should be an easy answer, no one that actually realizes it is there likes it, really causes more problems than it fixes. I’d rather see some kind of tracer changes to aid with the handle hits instead of the bubble.

2: 900

3: Bubble makes it ridiculously hard to use fists. That’s enough reason for me.

• @SHH_:

1. Yes, reduced or removed entirely.

2. 1600 hours

3. The bubble extends behind someone, so it is literally impossible sometimes to actually hit someone you are behind. It didn’t solve the problem it was designed for. Either needs to be seriously reduced, or removed entirely.

This amoung all the other issues that I and several others have proven to be stupid idea.

1: Yes

2: 1600+

3: I have a few hundred posts against the bubble. Most of you are aware of them. But I would also include a demand for a decrease of the overall collision box in addition to the bubble removal. But if I could only have one change then keep the extra player collision cylinder but dramatically reduce the collision box back to its original size or at least reduced by 50%

Sorry Clay but handle hits are legit as described in my Horizintal Butt Stroke attack. IF anything add in another color for hit detection at reduced damage. BUt removal? NO. The defense to that attack is simply to keep your distance.