Knight sprint speeds

• Ok so I dont play knight all that much but for fun I love double axe and Maul in FFA. That aside, I saw this knight zooming around faster than I have seen a knight move but not like a speed hack. When I called him out on it, I stood there and just watched him move like a vanguard. Of course he responded with the typical “are you calling me a hacker” I said no, I just want to know what you are doing to be moving that fast. He claimed that Knights with one handed weapons move faster in both walking and sprint. Is this true? As far as I know it isn’t. But I havent done any research into player class movement other than the overclock/HPET timer issue that I found.

Anyone verify this for me?

• Well firstly he is wrong. I’ve tested this ages ago and there was no difference what so ever, not even a slight difference. All you need to do to test is just sprint in a straight line and swap weapons as you go, you’ll notice no difference.

However I don’t really have an explanation as to how he could be doing it so yeah.

• He might have been hacking but purposely not boost his speed by so much that it was clear that he was hacking.

• Well when I called him out on it, it seemed he quit doing it. But it could also be HPET timer being off that could produce that effect. I have played with him a few times and he always seems to be slightly faster. He got off 3 swings with a knight against me in less than 1.5 secs. It felt like getting hit by an MAA as it went through every one of my parries. He claimed swing accelleration look down OH combo. Then kept insulting me that I should know by now that one hander gives increased foot and attack speed. Attack speeds sure but movement? He was kiting with a knight, so I just stood there and watched. I just dont want to call him out because I was just not sure.

• Even though the Knight can use the Norse/Broad like the MaA, he can’t use it as effectively due to slower foot speed which disallows getting that sweet spot - to an extent. Why essentially the exact same weapon between the two classes, I’m not sure how he could be moving faster and I don’t know what he could be doing apart from hacking somehow.

He wasn’t using shield by any chance was he? The bugged overhead with shields + any 1 hander makes them come out ridiculously fast. Was his attacks any faster than a MaA or would you say they were normal (the same as a MaA)?

• No shield, but I believe it was the broadsword and attacked as fast as an MAA. It was his sprint speed that first caught my eye. If the knight can spam as fast as the MAA using the same weapon (I dont play knight that much, Halberd purist) then that is also problematic in game design as I dont feel that should be the same. Again it was his sprint speed that had me scratching my head, weapon spam secondary.

What? There is no respawn in RL?

• He might have found a way to bug his speed. But he is wrong about foot speed being faster with one handers. Knights have the exact same weapon of the MaA swords, yet their foot speed will remain the same. Is he a regular to your server? I know there are ways to bug yourself as Knight to have infinite stamina until death, I have even seen players with a permanent chase speed.

But he’s a fucking liar about 1 handers having anything to do with a boosted foot speed.

• @DokB:

He might have found a way to bug his speed. But he is wrong about foot speed being faster with one handers. Knights have the exact same weapon of the MaA swords, yet their foot speed will remain the same. Is he a regular to your server? I know there are ways to bug yourself as Knight to have infinite stamina until death, I have even seen players with a permanent chase speed.

But he’s a fucking liar about 1 handers having anything to do with a boosted foot speed.

This is what I had thought but for some reason was not secure about it due to the last two patches. But do these two clases, MAA and Knight have the same attack speeds using the same weapon? Is that confirmed? Does this cross over for all classes that share weapons? I see this as problematic as I feel that a knight should not have the same attack speed of a MAA and possibly reasons for balance complaints.

• @Retsnom:

This is what I had thought but for some reason was not secure about it due to the last two patches. But do these two clases, MAA and Knight have the same attack speeds using the same weapon? Is that confirmed? Does this cross over for all classes that share weapons? I see this as problematic as I feel that a knight should not have the same attack speed of a MAA and possibly reasons for balance complaints.

That’s correct. There is no difference between a weapon shared between each class. Same wind up, same release, same everything. It’s the foot speed that makes the difference. I’m surprised you are picking up on it now however. It’s always been this way and when I’m a MaA and I see a Knight pull out his secondary Broadsword or Norse that’s when I find I really need to pay attention.

It’s balanced out by the Knight being a slow piece of shit. The Knight can’t maneuver around the enemy player like a MaA can.

• I don’t ever play MAA, my second most hated class, I just don’t have the patience, doin’t find it enjoyable. I rarely use secondary weapons. When I play knight I enjoy the double axe and maul. But again I am a halberd purist even back in AOC. So from a first hand experience I don’t have it across all weapon classes specially secondaries. In addition, I dont usually see a lot of knights one handing the broadsword. SO that is why I was asking specific questions. Hell I am not even sure which weapons are shared between which classes with any degree of certainty. Some weapons I will admit not being able to recognize the difference between all the sword weapons because I rarely play with swords. I find the 1st person animations wonky and visually not located correctly.

I still have a problem with cross class weapons having same speed and damage. Logically you would think that a heavily armored knight would sacrifice speed in weapon handling but being a tank class would do more damage with the same weapon then lets say a faster lighter MAA. But I guess that is just me.

• There’s absolutely no difference in footspeed across weapon selection for knights. You can use a maul, Bastard and board, flail or a norse sword and you’d still run at the same pace. It is known.

and here I was thinking this would be a buff move speed thread haha

• @LTTLWLF:

and here I was thinking this would be a buff move speed thread haha

Anyone think knight’s movespeed should be buffed slightly, since front-chase is no longer a thing? Or, would that be blasphemy…

• @Ranulf:

Anyone think knight’s movespeed should be buffed slightly, since front-chase is no longer a thing? Or, would that be blasphemy…

It isn’t exactly high on my list of things I’d like to see implemented to rebalance knights, but I wouldn’t complain if they did, especially if they do end up removing the sprint lockout.

• @Ranulf:

I could see testing a light buff in regular movement speed by .05 but they are supposed to be tanks, slow and powerful.

• @Retsnom:

I could see testing a light buff in regular movement speed by .05 but they are supposed to be tanks, slow and powerful.

At the moment we’re just slow.

• I dunno I r ape (Wait R APE is a blocked word?) in FFA with double axe and maul quite often and love the cries of being OP. It is very satisfying to win FFA on throne room with either. Because it is so unusual. I am guessing it is my play style with them that people are not used too. I love suckering in a MAA or Van and they dont take into consideration the combo over head. CRUNCH!

• I love double axe. No one thinks it’s a good weapon, but it’s not bad at all. A little harder to use maybe…

• ever since the latest patch, i’ve seen an increasing number of hackers in the game. I can look at them and just tell that they are moving faster because i’ve seen characters move for over 2500 hours. I can instantly spot when someone is moving faster than normal so I can safely say that i’ve seen at least 5 but under 10 hackers in the past month or so.

• His claim would take all of 10 seconds to disprove. Turn on Show Debug, sprint with 2hander, note speed. Switch to 1hander, note speed is exactly the same. Tell him to repeat the test, then kick him for hacking and being stupid.