Horrible patch

• I’m not sure about you guys and perhaps the comment section on the latest patch thread is already flooded with this but… WTH?

Last I checked we got a “Community Update” that also said they’d take more care into patches from now on(or at least that’s what I made out of it). Now I’m sure that mainly counts for the patches after this one but still… this patch is pretty horrible.

Top of my head:

• So far I’ve had around 20 duelling the last man in LTS scenarios(last man being me) and all of them ended with the opponent desyncing horribly mid-combo. (And no, it wasn’t constantly the same opponent)
    • Votekick GUI disappears after voting. Please make that optional!
    • Apparently modded servers are now highlighted in the browser. To me it makes no sense though, that the modded servers are highlighted brighter than the server you’ve currently selected.
    • Voice commands are now limited to just 1 specific line per class. Probably a bug.
    • Every single vanguard charge attack so far hits me around ~0.5 seconds before it SHOULD hit me.

I’m getting tired of this, Torn Banner…
    Every single time Chivalry gets into such an unplayable state after a patch that I just leave it be and play Skyrim for a few months until the next patch hits and I’ll play Chiv regularly again. Until I boot it up and realize THIS patch is even more of a distaster than before.

It’s not necessarily the worthless quality of the patch itself that annoys me(it’s quite bad, but at least fixes some bugs), the most irritating aspect is that it’s in LIVE, not in Beta. We can’t downgrade, man!

• I’ve noticed the desyncs too, but I thought it was just because I was playing on laggy non-official servers. I died to a guy who literally did nothing but stare at me and grunt. But it doesn’t seem to be all that frequent.

I agree, the vote option should remain by default on after voting with an option to turn it off.

I haven’t seen any modded servers in my browser yet.

Voice commands will definitely get fixed, let’s see how fast or slow Torn Banner is about this one.

Even on the laggy servers, charge attacks seemed fine to me now, and I was able to parry them without any trouble.

On a side note, it seems my mouse sensitivity is feeling very strange while I’m swinging and dragging now. Like it gets uncapped more often. Really jarring.

I’ve also heard of a rank 54 going back to rank 0, even after getting many kills.

I think it’s too soon to be angry about the patch yet. I haven’t noticed anything too awful yet, so let’s not go in an uproar.

• placebo for sure.

all of these things you mentioned have been in the game since day 1

• I haven’t noticed any more desyncing than usual ( < 5 per round in classic duels). When my turn speed gets uncapped it always means that I desynced.

The voting thing and the VO commands are not gamebreaking at all, just minor things and I haven’t had problems with the VO yet.

I haven’t seen a single vanguard supercharge since the patch and haven’t had problems parrying them so…

Overall, I think this patch is actually a step in the right direction.

• They kill the vanguard…. It’s not funny. Chivalry is a lost of money. This patch is horrible.

• People grabbed pitchforks and torches already.Haven’t tried the patch yet,but I am kinda dreading to do so from what I have heard so far.

• The VO thing is intentional, at least on weak systems. It loads fewer VO lines (and sounds in general, such as the numerous different sounds for strikes) to reduce memory usage.

• Reduce sound memory used based on user’s available system memory. If you’re a 32-bit user who was having an issue with the game crashing before, try again and see what happens now.

• This is the new “MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren” in UDKSystemSettings.ini. This represents the number of different, randomly-selected sounds you’ll hear for the same effect (e.g. for VO, hits, etc.). The highest we set it to is 18, the lowest 2.

So if you don’t have any issues running the game you could just change that.

• @SlyGoat:

So if you don’t have any issues running the game you could just change that.

18 is the number for all the sounds, correct?

• Game was suffering from desync before the patch. Oh well :(

• Seems fine. Don’t see any added problems on this one at least for me.

• some people are probably mad their superman charge got removed ;)

i’ve seen so many people try to charge from 50 feet away still and fail HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Which MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren do we change, there’s loads of them in the settings file :/

• @Tyoson:

Which MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren do we change, there’s loads of them in the settings file :/

i actually can’t find it in mine… i looked under the my docs and in the game folder just to be safe. Can’t find it. I’m re-verifying files and looking again.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i actually can’t find it in mine… i looked under the my docs and in the game folder just to be safe. Can’t find it. I’m re-verifying files and looking again.

You drunk, check the file path closely:
    **C:\Users\admin\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

**@Tyoson:

Which MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren do we change, there’s loads of them in the settings file :/

First one from the top:
    AllowSecondaryDisplays=False
    SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth=1280
    SecondaryDisplayMaximumHeight=720
    MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren=18
    MobileFeatureLevel=0
    MobileFog=True
    MobileHeightFog=False
    MobileSpecular=True
    MobileBumpOffset=True
    MobileNormalMapping=True

• @churi24:

They kill the vanguard…. It’s not funny. Chivalry is a lost of money. This patch is horrible.

Lol. “I CAN’T FLY FORTY FEET WITH MY BROKEN SPRINT ATTACK ANYMORE.”

• Flying attack was the only thing that made vanguard viable.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

You drunk, check the file path closely:
    **C:\Users\admin\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

First one from the top:
    AllowSecondaryDisplays=False
    SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth=1280
    SecondaryDisplayMaximumHeight=720
    MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren=18
    MobileFeatureLevel=0
    MobileFog=True
    MobileHeightFog=False
    MobileSpecular=True
    MobileBumpOffset=True
    MobileNormalMapping=True

Thanks :) My first one was already set to 18. SO must be all gravy :D

• Maybe the vote-box disappears so people won’t get influenced by other people’s votes? x)
    Then of course, there are still the messages in the chat…

• @dudeface:

Flying attack was the only thing that made vanguard viable.

Can’t tell if serious or troll.

• Ya know time makes two it takes two to heal a broken heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart