UDK.EXE stopped working problem

• Hi,

Just wanted to add my two copper coins to the mix. Like many other users I’m getting the messagE:

UDK.EXE has stopped working

when I try to launch the game.

Please tell me what information you require to diagnose the problem. I am playing on Steam, on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

The game used to work on my old (Windows XP) PC, but since I have moved to 7 it doesn’t.

Very frustrating having a game I have paid for and used to play a lot that now doesn’t work.

Thanks.

• Okay, because I didn’t get any kind of response, I decided to uninstall and reinstall it.

Now I’m getting the message:

CMW.EXE has stopped working

Any ideas?

• Developer

Need more information. If you can post your logs/dumps from My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs that would be handy (if too large to fit on here, zip them up and post them e.g. on https://mega.co.nz/ )

• Thanks for the reply, here are the logs from that directory. All .log renamed to .txt.

Thanks again.

• Developer

You didn’t get me any dump files, but a couple of those logs have an error message in them at the end. Maybe something wrong with ‘…\UDKGame\Config\UDKEditorUDK.ini’

Things to try:

1. Delete that config file. It’s not present in the current version, I don’t know why it’s there

2. Delete the whole ‘’…\UDKGame\Config" directory, then in Steam do:

1. ​Right click on Chivalry in the Steam library
      2. Click Properties
      3. Click Local Files
      4. Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

• Also what happens if you try ticking the safe mode box on the launcher?

• Apologies for not including Dump files, slipped my mind. I’ll try those now…

Wow that seems to have fixed it, thank you. Didn’t try Safe Mode in the end, but appreciate the option.

Best,

H