Chivalry asking me to download files even on official servers

• I don’t know why the game does this. I always just click cancel. Why would an official server have mods that I need to download? Also, where are downloaded files kept? I don’t see anything on the forums that tells you where they are.

• Mmmmm…. I think they’re kept in steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedSDK
    If a server has files in its mod folder (but not enabled / unused) the game still prompts you to download them. It’s a bug that should be fixed shortly.

• Developer

Which official servers are doing this?

• Some or all of the official Asian servers do this (17, 18, 19). 50MB download. I never had it, so I assume it is Chiv+? That’s about the same size and is the only mod I have installed.

• Developer

We’re looking into it. Could be a complication with Multiplay supporting Chiv+. The timing is too bad, considering the next patch is the one with the autodownload changes.

• It’s been going on for a few weeks, so yeh, must be that. People I’ve seen asking about it don’t seem very bothered; they’re just curious to know if they can safely cancel the download, etc.

• I’m on the US west coast, and I’ve been getting the download prompts on the US west official TO servers. I think it happens on all official servers but I haven’t checked.

• I would see it now and then, not every time.