New Vote Kick System Is Faulted

• Had a ping spike. We get them in Australia. Our internet sucks. Some dude had a whinge and put me up for a votekick, my ping was around 160 at the time. Then everyone would’ve seen that and voted based on the original ping. Then I’m like look it’s back down to 90! They can’t change the vote anymore from yes to no. Please fix it because this is stupid.

• Auto kick means you get the temporary ban as well. Literally just joined a server and must’ve spiked. Auto kicked for high ping. Can’t rejoin. Looks like I won’t be playing this game anymore.

• I am so sorry that there is only one server in Australia.

That temporary ban also lasts only for one round. If it didn’t issue temporary ban, there would be no point in kickvotes because griefers would just join again and again and again.

• Very easy solution. Allow a checker that kicks when the ping exceeds the number for longer than 2 seconds. Let’s say 30 seconds instead. Ping spikes are very easily caused. It could be caused by someone else in the house hold watching a 30 second video.

There is more than one server in Australia. One server I got votekicked, happened to be ping spiking at the time and got kicked. Then I moved to another server, was all good for 5 minutes, ping spiked auto kicked. Moved to another server, map loaded, instant kick. There’s only usually 3 or 4 servers populated. Can you imagine playing a TO server and being the king, or defending an important objective, and then being kicked for 6 minutes because your house mate watched a vine video? I’m sorry, but it’s a flawed setup.

• Agreed. There should be a ~20 second check to see whether or not the ping’ll go back.

• I swear you could never change your vote before. I remember spamming both options and the percentage not changing.

And people kicked you for 160 ping??? Jeez its hard to get rid of people with 200 half the time.

• @lemonater47:

I swear you could never change your vote before. I remember spamming both options and the percentage not changing.

And people kicked you for 160 ping??? Jeez its hard to get rid of people with 200 half the time.

Same here in the states. Tried kicking some claymore fag with 160 ping just now and like 18 percent voted yes. Fucking unreal.

• Dunno, I’m happy it does current ping. If you’re spiking bad, that means you’re lagging in an inconsistent manner which is just as bad. If I spike and get kicked for it, I’m okay with that. It’s only 10 minutes. But I’m pretty sure you can still change your vote, and I do think the window should stay up by default after you vote with an option to turn it off.

• Don’t forget that the ping limit is a server side option. So take it up with the admin. On my server, I set the limit to 280 (very high) and specified that it has to be hit 6 times to issue a kick. I’d say that’s very lenient. The ban is also only for 3 minutes, so it just acts as a deterrent to the really high pingers. Honestly, if your ping spikes, it probably means you have bad packet loss and are even more difficult to handle than someone with a stable 200 ping. In other words, the ping limiter did its job…

• Haven’t had any problems playing today. Perhaps some settings have been changed. I’ll see how it goes.

• Actually, you can change your vote even in the middle of the vote kick. Just the one that you pressed last is going to count. But I’m not sure if anyone actually realizes this.

• @Albert!:

Actually, you can change your vote even in the middle of the vote kick. Just the one that you pressed last is going to count. But I’m not sure if anyone actually realizes this.

This. I’ve always been able to change my vote, and I still can now.

• I tested it, you can actually change it. The box just doesn’t show on the screen. Guess people were just looking for excuses to not get hit by any more pebbles.