Is it just me or…

• Does anyone else ever momentarily forget what team they’re on and straight up murder a teammate? This happens at least once or twice a day for me. I swear I just go into some sort of autopilot and randomly take my axe across a teammate’s face. It doesn’t have anything to do with the color customization, either. I know exactly who I’m attacking when I do it, I just forget I’m on their team O:

I always apologize and explain myself, and fortunately most players are usually forgiving. Some even laugh about it. Funny thing is I’ve been playing for just over a year and it has only popped up in the last couple of months.

So my fellow sword-wielding friends, I apologize to you now in advance of what will likely continue to happen.

Sincerely,
    A guy with evident periods of psychosis

• Sounds like you’re doing too many bathsalts.

• I never eat my teammate’s faces. I just hack them to bits with my weapons xD

• Nah man, I do that too. I even do it in scrims. Sometimes we’re in an intense situation and I’m coming in hard, but I forget what team I’m on, so I panic and try to REALLY QUICKLY ask my teammates what team we’re on, otherwise I kill the first person I see.

It’s just sort of a blank moment.

• I suggest playing on a good server, one with no team damage or any other dumb options enabled :)

• No team damage? If anything it should be 100%.

• @WARSAW:

I suggest playing on a good server, one with no team damage or any other dumb options enabled :)

• I experience this very rarely. Most times, I instantly recognize my mates, even if I was autobalanced secretly.

• I think the worst thing I tend to do now is join a 1v1 ffa duel server and forget it’s a duel server and start slaughtering duelists like it’s an ffa. Then when they try to boot me, it fails because everyone thinks that a rank 53 wouldn’t random on a duel server. Oops :]

Since the change to the reticule that discerns friend from foe, I don’t mistake friendlies anymore.

• In one of the first scrims I’d ever played in, in the middle of a big fight I completely forgot which team I was on and I slaughtered two of my teammates. It wasn’t a good start.

• @Flippy:

In one of the first scrims I’d ever played in, in the middle of a big fight I completely forgot which team I was on and I slaughtered two of my teammates. It wasn’t a good start.

This is especially funny because I’ve done the same thing. Not in my first scrim, but still. I saw a big fight and was so confident I would jump in hollywood style and make a difference. I made a difference alright xD The enemy team sure got a laugh.

• Good, it’s not just me then. It happens not that often but when it does, I’ve typically killed two or three of my team mates before the reality of the situation kicks in. Then it’s BAM wtf have I just done; still I accept no responsibility, a typical bud has seven times the level of THC it did thirty years ago and you can’t pin that on me.

• @fvonb:

this gif xD

• @Reginhard:

Good, it’s not just me then. It happens not that often but when it does, I’ve typically killed two or three of my team mates before the reality of the situation kicks in. Then it’s BAM wtf have I just done; still I accept no responsibility, a typical bud has seven times the level of THC it did thirty years ago and you can’t pin that on me.

I am usually 100% sober when this happens. I’ve just made my situation much worse :X

• @Flippy:

In one of the first scrims I’d ever played in, in the middle of a big fight I completely forgot which team I was on and I slaughtered two of my teammates. It wasn’t a good start.

OMG I remember this! You’ve come so far but honestly I thought you were hopeless :P

• Killing teammates by accident or semi on purpose for me usually happens when I get auto balanced and wasnt paying attention. Also, sometimes after a map change.

• @Karasu:

OMG I remember this! You’ve come so far but honestly I thought you were hopeless :P

;_________________________________________________;

• I do it once in a while when i see 2 groups fighting each other. Jump in forgetting what team I was on.

• @Karasu:

Wasn’t flippys first scrims with ia?

• Oh goodness I’ve done this so many times. Chivalry blood lust is bad.