Return to the healing.

• One of the features I really like in the original release was to take a knee and heal faster. I thought it was both creative, intuitive and quite unique for a game. The nice thing about that feature was that it gave the player control in how ans when he healed. It was a really nice feature to take out a few guys, take a quick knee, rest and start the regen.

The patch the replaced it with a slightly faster regen start which is currently in game just doesn’t seem any faster. Maybe the rate is faster but you cannot control when the regen starts other than don’t sprint or do anything that requires stamina for so long before it starts. The taking of a knee would start the healing on demand even if the rate was slower.

Anyway, those that remember, what are your thoughts?

• To be clear, you mean stamina regen, not healing (IE Health).

But yeah, I liked the crouch recovery rate, too. But with how easy it is for MaAs to disengage, they’d have even better of an edge in the stamina war with this so we should see how the next patch changes the game first IMO.

• It would be cool to bring this back to be honest, but add a longer delay, but increase the rate of stamina regen

This way it cant be abused by MAA, but when you decide to hide somewhere for a good few seconds you regen stamina real quickly, trading moving around for a faster stamina regen, seems okay in my opinion. Gives us more options.

• I like Crushed’s idea. I support this movement.

• no It was the health that had a faster start of regen as well as the stam if my memory serves me correctly since once was dependent upon the other. Being able to control stamina/health when and where the player chose was better than the current timed version

• Crouching boosted health recovery? I thought it was only stamina. Also was that really in at release? I thought it was accidentally added either in CU1, or a patch before it or something, but my memory is likely faulty.

Regardless of the details, I really would like to see it return as it adds a thing you can do and I like doing things. When it was first removed I lamented its loss because I liked that it clearly broadcasted the opponent’s intention to recover stamina, or that they were running low. I guess panting helped that a bit, but it’s kind of unreliable and I still miss it. The fact that I play MAA all the time always forever has nothing to do with my feelings about it though. Nothing at all.

• Even if it was only stamina, once full it started healing as well. Point is that the player could control how and when he started to heal instead of an abritary timer. So if you wanted to disengage from battle to heal you could in small spurts or you could run down your stam, escape and try and heal, or even in the middle of battle you could do a quick stam regen. The point here was player control VS auto control

• It wasn’t crouching but there was a bugged method. All you had to do was tap sprint and your health would start to regen.

• @sharkh20:

It wasn’t crouching but there was a bugged method. All you had to do was tap sprint and your health would start to regen.

Yeah, that was it. Now people teamkill in scrims because the health regen isn’t fast enough. :/

Not that I necessarily dislike the TK thing, as it can be risky.

• I loved the crouching to regen faster. I also think it should be an exclusive for the knight. It would be a bit of a quirky buff which, when utilised correctly, could turn the tide in their battles. For a long time now, the knight class has needed a buff and I think the devs don’t want to change their movement speed or weapon stats so this would be something the knight could use to get the edge back. Let’s face it, archer backstab, maa dodge, van charge. The ‘tank’ ability of using less stam to block is a bit weak in comparison. Thoughts?

• Give Kneeling health Regen to the knight. That would make the knight a different class to the others. Archers have ranged, MAA have dodge, Vanguards have the best weapons, the Knight has the kneeling regen.

• @Toll:

Give Kneeling health Regen to the knight. That would make the knight a different class to the others. Archers have ranged, MAA have dodge, Vanguards have the best weapons, the Knight has the kneeling regen.

That is some serious hivemind

• @Toll:

Give Kneeling health Regen to the knight. That would make the knight a different class to the others. Archers have ranged, MAA have dodge, Vanguards have the best weapons, the Knight has the kneeling regen.

YES PLEASE

• @Toll:

This would actually be a great idea. I support this movement.

• @Footbeard:

I loved the crouching to regen faster. I also think it should be an exclusive for the knight. It would be a bit of a quirky buff which, when utilised correctly, could turn the tide in their battles. For a long time now, the knight class has needed a buff and I think the devs don’t want to change their movement speed or weapon stats so this would be something the knight could use to get the edge back. Let’s face it, archer backstab, maa dodge, van charge. The ‘tank’ ability of using less stam to block is a bit weak in comparison. Thoughts?

Wow this is a really cool idea… But would definitely need to be tested for a while. On paper it sounds like the perfect buff for knights. I actually still take a knee during 1 vs 1 when I’m low on health or stamina as a habit… lol

• That really is a great idea. It suits the class very well and would be a really interesting change.

• Archer backstab is one of the dumbest super powers…. Like 1hit range isnt enough so they can instant weapon switch and super spam ability… yeah backstab… said no one ever.

I think all classes should be able to take a knee and to buff the knight give them a slightly increase in rate. Halberd still needs a slight buff… just saying…

• How iconic would it be to see a SoW+shield knight dispatch 2 foes, puffing away a bit bloody and then kneeling to pray for his life. Then in a few moments he gets up for the next wave… hahah The Knight, A true defender of objectives!

• @Toll:

How iconic would it be to see a SoW+shield knight dispatch 2 foes, puffing away a bit bloody and then kneeling to pray for his life. Then in a few moments he gets up for the next wave… hahah The Knight, A true defender of objectives!

And then his head explodes by a heavy crossbow bolt.

• @INerevar:

And then his head explodes by a heavy crossbow bolt.

Well, nobody likes archers.