BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare CU 2 Patch 4

• Can I have ur babies pls?

• Some feedback as a competitive spear class user. I feel as though CFtP is a significantly decreases spear class weapons usefulness as a 1v1 weapon in competition as it is the only class of meele weapon that does not benifit from it. And that PiP will hamper its ability to be used as a support weapon. I am concerned that it may be possible that spear weapons may no longer be viable in competitive matches.

• Thanks for the amazing patch TB! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ :*

Can’t wait to see bubble gone/smaller.

• I love that cftp is back… i would take out combo parry and put recovery parry in but i’m willing to compromise on that… i just love the fact that cftp is back. I REALLY like the PiP, i didn’t know how i felt about it at first reading about it, but putting it into practice is pretty damn amazing, great idea tibbs. This will open up even more meta like cftPiP kinda shit and more, it opens up more choices to either block or riposte and such and it’s amazing. If you want to talk skill ceiling now its gonna be tall. I think keeping the combo parry in is going to keep the new players from being too upset about it while giving the comp players back their cftp we so much love and need, it never really made sense to take it out in the first place anyway.

I am loving that the charges are fixed, although the vanguard players are going to have to adjust because i see so many vans now trying to charge from 50 feet out and it’s funny just inside your head saying ‘NOPE!’.

I’d say push this baby into live TONIGHT! if possible but just make it soon, i’m so happy right now.

Next steps is fixing flinch and adjusting the bubble and this game will be even better. I guess balancing will come with time, but this is definitely a BIG step in the right direction.

Love restored TB, sorry for my past negativity but… it’s just because we care.

• @Cerebral:

Some feedback as a competitive spear class user. I feel as though CFtP is a significantly decreases spear class weapons usefulness as a 1v1 weapon in competition as it is the only class of meele weapon that does not benifit from it. And that PiP will hamper its ability to be used as a support weapon. I am concerned that it may be possible that spear weapons may no longer be viable in competitive matches.

The Spear was a great support weapon pre patch before they even buffed it. And as for PiP nerfing it as a support weapon, that depends if you drag the stab, hit at an angle too far away from the angle at which he parried the first time, or if you simply feint the PiP, two of which the opponent will likely not expect or to react properly at the spur of the moment.

• Awww, how sweet. You’re all coming together to focus on making the patch and game better. That goes a long way instead of bickering over who is better than who. The more feedback TB gets, the better and more we can help shape the game into what it should be. :)

• @Nohbdy111:

The Spear was a great support weapon pre patch before they even buffed it. And as for PiP nerfing it as a support weapon, that depends if you drag the stab, hit at an angle too far away from the angle at which he parried the first time, or if you simply feint the PiP, two of which the opponent will likely not expect or to react properly at the spur of the moment.

To clarify I am refering to the spear class in general, not just the longspear specifically.

• @Cerebral:

To clarify I am refering to the spear class in general, not just the longspear specifically.

Ah, okay. But I still don’t think spears will suffer, especially with the current Brandistock and this will affect the Brandistock moreso than the other two spears, so this could be seen as a well deserved nerf to it. Although it’s not quite what needs to be done to it, it’s still going to affect it.

• I agree that the brandi needs some form of nerf. However for the other two spears I feel that CFtP offers an oppourtunity for other weapon classes to increase the depth and skill of their game. In this change however I feel that the spear class is being left behind

• Just popping in to say, I approve of this :eagerness:

• @Cerebral:

I agree that the brandi needs some form of nerf. However for the other two spears I feel that CFtP offers an oppourtunity for other weapon classes to increase the depth and skill of their game. In this change however I feel that the spear class is being left behind

Well, to be fair, I still think spear should be able to combo in MW, but that require a huge amount of rebalancing. Perhaps you should make a post about this in the Balance and Game Mechanics section. I would add it to my current thread, but the OP of mine is getting long as hell so I think it would be a better idea to separate it in a completely different thread.

• Whats the point of not removing Combo-Parry if CFtP is back?

Are stamina values going to increase for CFtP compared to before?

I would highly suggest not allowing riposte for CFtP if the stamina values are going to remain the same.

• @Cerebral:

I agree that the brandi needs some form of nerf. However for the other two spears I feel that CFtP offers an oppourtunity for other weapon classes to increase the depth and skill of their game. In this change however I feel that the spear class is being left behind

Spears were always extremely effective pre-patch simply because of their reach. PiP might make it harder to land hits as support but we’ll have to see (feinting is always an option).

Also, can spears still use combo-parry? I didn’t check when I was playing earlier.

Anyway, this patch is a step in the right direction. Do something about the bubble and things will be feeling really smooth again.

I still really want to explore the idea of being able to FTP later. I found myself being forced into trades a lot. Maybe I need to practice my timing some more (or play on a server with a decent ping :D) but I was hitting the timings on my offensive feints fine, and every time I went to FTP I was apparently too late.

• @Nohbdy111:

Well, to be fair, I still think spear should be able to combo in MW, but that require a huge amount of rebalancing. Perhaps you should make a post about this in the Balance and Game Mechanics section. I would add it to my current thread, but the OP of mine is getting long as hell so I think it would be a better idea to separate it in a completely different thread."

While the subject I brought up does involve balance and game mechanics I am hesitant to put it in that section of the fourm due to the fact that it is commenting on the beta of the game rather than the live version.

With that said I also support the idea of spears being able to combo. Doing so would allow the class the same chance of skill advancement and depth that has been given to other classes of weapons

• @NoVaLombardia:

Whats the point of not removing Combo-Parry if CFtP is back?

Are stamina values going to increase for CFtP compared to before?

I would highly suggest not allowing riposte for CFtP if the stamina values are going to remain the same.

By keeping Combo-Parry, newer players will still have a more accessible defence after an attack. I didn’t check the stamina values too accurately, but Combo-Parry could be cheaper stamina-wise, giving a really good reason to use it over CFTP.

Again, I didn’t thoroughly check but I found myself running out of stamina ridiculously quickly by continuously comboing. Much, much more than pre-patch.

I don’t really understand why people dislike riposte off CFTP so much. I often find it more trouble than it’s worth without the extra parry frames, especially with PiP in play. It would almost be easier if the game just queued a regular attack for me in most circumstances off a parry because it gives me so much more control. Riposte is easily countered.

EDIT: @Cerebral Harlot: You could post in the beta feedback section. :)

• Mod

So far I’m really enjoying this patch, group combat definitely feels a lot less clunky. Good work.

• This is something that I think should be changed. For the betterment of the game of course.

I think that you should be able to feint to parry during the entire windup. But only be able to feint to attack before the last 200 ms of the windup. The same timing as feint lockout, but it just locks offensive feints. This would solve a lot of problems.

1: No more super late unreadable feints (even if it did raise the skill ceiling, it’s just silly and mechanically broken. I think we can all agree on that. It was anti-fun)

2: It would allow the use of a later, defensive only feint. This would increase the skill ceiling by allowing more control to the player.

3: Since the bubble will likely be reduced in size, it would prevent the unreadable facehug feints. Especially for one handers.

Whaddya guys think?

• @NabsterHax:

EDIT: @Cerebral Harlot: You could post in the beta feedback section. :)

Thank you for the suggestion I have created a beta fourm post for anyone wishing to further discuss this topic.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18450-

• its about 4-5 combo parries and 3 cftp on full stam

• @Flippy:

This is something that I think should be changed. For the betterment of the game of course.

I think that you should be able to feint to parry during the entire windup. But only be able to feint to attack before the last 200 ms of the windup. The same timing as feint lockout, but it just locks offensive feints. This would solve a lot of problems.

1: No more super late unreadable feints (even if it did raise the skill ceiling, it’s just silly and mechanically broken. I think we can all agree on that. It was anti-fun)

2: It would allow the use of a later, defensive only feint. This would increase the skill ceiling by allowing more control to the player.

3: Since the bubble will likely be reduced in size, it would prevent the unreadable facehug feints. Especially for one handers.

Whaddya guys think?

I think keeping the defensive feint window as is would be a good compromise and balances CFtP quite nicely. Everything would have to be tested of course.