Class Specials

• maa dodge distance change would not make them useless, it would actually just take more skill to choose the correct direction to dodge in by actually having to view what attack your opponent is doing first instead of just mindlessly dodging backwards out of everything.

xbows should have the stam drain too on the draw like spook said, and i think the whole turnoff to them should be what it was before… THEY SHOULD TAKE LONGER TO RELOADDDD… DUHHHH. Idk how the hell this light crossbow reload is even like that, tis a silly change to make the lcb more viable. Sure you could keep it as the fastest one, but then increase the other two’s reload, dont decrease the shit out of the light cross. The heavy cross could stay as it is as a heavy hitting 50 cal sniper rifle, just make it take a bit longer to reload. Then put the regular crossbow where the heavy was, and then put the light a little slower than it is now. The bows should be quicker obviously to keep shooting with, but at the cost of stamina per draw. I mean it takes stamina to pull a bow doesn’t it? Why does a fist cost stamina but a bow draw nothing?

van charge i would just like to see some way of flinching it, but honestly after the damn superman vanguard fix they’re ok i guess. Stam drain is a little high but whatever who cares. Be cool if you could riposte after parrying one too, but that of course would remove half the draw of using it.

knight old stam regen would be great for a knight buff, the knights need some kind of special, and since shields are not limited to knights… don’t call the shield buff a kngiht special.

• @50ShadesofClay:

van charge i would just like to see some way of flinching it, but honestly after the damn superman vanguard fix they’re ok i guess. Stam drain is a little high but whatever who cares. Be cool if you could riposte after parrying one too, but that of course would remove half the draw of using it.

Spook had a really good idea related to this. Since van charge automatically grants initiative during the attack and does such high damage (making it unwise to trade) just buff trading it. Leave the leap and everything so it’s still potent, but make it so vans take double the damage if they get hit during it. Makes it much more situational and gives it its own little niche instead of just being able to open up every engagement with it.

• but then situation:

i’m knight using sow, sow 2 shots vanguards with poke. I poke trade the van charge… vanguard dies and curses at me in chat.

• Just delete the charge. Nobody likes it.

• @50ShadesofClay:

but then situation:

i’m knight using sow, sow 2 shots vanguards with poke. I poke trade the van charge… vanguard dies and curses at me in chat.

Right. Makes the charge more situational. It’s still useful when someones back is turned to you (which happens almost every time you target switch in a scrim). It should be situational like this since it has decent speed, insane damage, and the most reach in the game (fuck archers).

Edit: Even if you don’t agree with that, you can adjust the damage multiplier as needed. It’s balancable by definition.

• @dudeface:

Just delete the charge. Nobody likes it.

True, I fucking hate it. It would be better if it would just not exist.

• NOO, keep the vanguard leap in!

It feels so badass to be on low health and with a shortsword or something and you see a bloodied up vanguard come running at you and leap. You just calmly keep walking forward and casually stab their leap for the kill and they pass harmless through you and you just keep walking like it didn’t happen.

• Remove Archer’s Backstab Bonus - Archers shouldn’t even need a special because range is their special. Plus their melee is strong enough without the extra damage.
    OR Give Everyone Backstab Bonus** - This would put more emphasis on flanking and getting behind your enemy giving much needed bonus to this.

Add a Stamina Drain on Archers When They Pull - This would make it so after 8 or so shots (depending on the bow/crossbow) the archer would have to sit and regain stamina.

Add a Crouch-Enabled Stamina Regeneration for ALL CLASSES but faster RATE for Knights - This would allow everyone to have the ability on demand and knights to have another ability to add to their tanky role. Plus knights need a buff anyway, so why not?
    Ever so Slightly Reduce the MAA Dodge Distance** - I say slightly because when you really look at it, the dodge isn’t very far. It just feels like it’s really far when you’re fighting it because you can get disoriented. However I still think it needs to be very slightly shorter, to prevent MAA from dodging out of a fight and being able to backpedal, regen, then hop back in with full stamina

OK so I Added in my 2 cents worth to Flippys analysis

• I retract my statement on the MAA dodge distance. I think the dodge itself is fine, but maybe a small stamina nerf (requires more stamina to use) could be in order. But honestly I think it’s in a fine state.

• Id like to see the knight not get flinched by smaller weapons daggers shortsword category weapons maybe some of the weaker Maa weapons (quarterstaff norse sword holywater) but not all of them I mean your wearing heavy armour not flowing dresses its gotta work for something

(bear with this really stupid idea)
    Maa duel wielding? give up your 2nd and 3rd slot items for the ability to duel wield I can see how this would be OP tho like I said bear with the stupid idea maybe just give the vanguard the ability cant bring your giant sword or smoke pot but you could wield two axes