Expanding upon alternative attacks

• @Pungvarg:

How is it risky lol
    it’s like the safest move ever atleast in 1v1

If you just want to give the other guy a free parry so he can feint you again, sure.

• Wasn’t there a bug which made alternative attacks that were combo’d come out from opposite directions?

So if someone combo’d into an alt slash, it visually displayed it coming out from the alternative side, but the tracers actually came from the regular slash side?

• Yes and it was as annoying as hell…especially as a shield user because back then you had to block so far to the sides…

So switching more then 180degrees to the sides to make multiple blocks only to have the swing traces come from the opposite side of the graphic was as annoying as fuck.

• @giantyak:

Yes and it was as annoying as hell…especially as a shield user because back then you had to block so far to the sides…

So switching more then 180degrees to the sides to make multiple blocks only to have the swing traces come from the opposite side of the graphic was as annoying as fuck.

Shield users only had to turn as much as someone who parries had to…

• No…IRC with the buckler you had to block not just to the side but behind you, whereas, with parry you did not.

• Parry/Shields always shared the same hit box when it came to blocking melee attacks, only difference being one was hold-able. Technically, there’s no reason that you would ever have to turn further with a shield than you would a parry.

Furthest I’ve ever had to turn to block something was a little over 90-120 degrees and that’s just a dragged sneaky stab.

• When i say over 180 i’m referring to how people used to follow up with an alt attack and you then have to block as much to the otherside. So 120 x 2 - 240.

In this case IDK why i found it easier to parry back then compared to the buckler…

• @NabsterHax:

If you just want to give the other guy a free parry so he can feint you again, sure.

i can counter feints with footwork and patience tho

• @Pungvarg:

i can counter feints with footwork and patience tho

Sure, but in general with duels it’s easier to wait and throw out a full swing which you have full control over because you have plenty of time to do that. I only ever riposte off a CFTP when I think my opponent won’t expect me to even parry, let alone riposte. Other than that, you’re throwing away your offensive advantage by giving the enemy a safe parry.

• makes sense

• Can we get some developer opinions here? :)

• @Vesanus:

Can we get some developer opinions here? :)

Guess what it seems to be already in the game in the form of a bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdOCuKrE3wE

So TB?

• Did you seriously respond to a thread that was inactive for 3 months?

• All this sounds nice and very promising, but -maybe- TB should revise and fix all the animations for 1H and 2H weapons BEFORE implementing MORE animations :p

Edit: Jeez, just noticed how old this thread was.

• @Sophax:

Guess what it seems to be already in the game in the form of a bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdOCuKrE3wE

So TB?

Happens to me constantly especially when you riposte out of a cftp. I usually play pretty passively so I’ll need Tp record and see if it happens every time or just some of the time.

• @Cerebral:

Did you seriously respond to a thread that was inactive for 3 months?

So what? Its my thread and I won’t make another thread with the exact same title and text just so autistic people can get over the date when it was made.

The question still is unanswered.

• @Sophax:

So what? Its my thread and I won’t make another thread with the exact same title and text just so autistic people can get over the date when it was made.

The question still is unanswered.

Alright two reasons

First everyone who was discussing this thread has abandoned it long ago and has well already forgotten about it. It does not result in constructive dialogue. That may be why you are not getting a response.

And two it is against forum rules.

“9) Do NOT post in topics that are months old. If there is anything you’d like to say, make a new topic and post it there.”

Here http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/17946-Official-Forum-Rules

If you really care about the subject being discussed you should make a new fourm so fresh opinions can be received. Many of these statements made in the thread are now obsolete and should not be involved in new discussion.

• Here’s a fresh(er) one: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19763-More-advanced-combat

Similar idea, but I added the point of choosing to go from a left strike to a left strike without a right in between, or vice versa. I think it’d add a new dimension and increased control.

• @Cerebral:

Alright two reasons

First everyone who was discussing this thread has abandoned it long ago and has well already forgotten about it. It does not result in constructive dialogue. That may be why you are not getting a response.

I didn’t abandon this thread nor did I forget about it. There is no pragmatic reason to make a new one. Threads can get burried regardless if they’re constructive or not. It seems like the consenus was that this is a good idea and that we only need some developer insight into this.

@Cerebral:

And two it is against forum rules.

“9) Do NOT post in topics that are months old. If there is anything you’d like to say, make a new topic and post it there.”

Here http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/17946-Official-Forum-Rules

If you really care about the subject being discussed you should make a new fourm so fresh opinions can be received. Many of these statements made in the thread are now obsolete and should not be involved in new discussion.

What exactly makes them obsolote and who are you to call them obsolete? I still the opinions share are still relevant and don’t oppose the ability for fresh insights or opinions to be shared infact they might enrich other opinions.

• Until you decided to respond to something someone wrote three months ago, everyone on this thread was discussing the game as it was in Chivalry Medieval Warfare CU 2 Patch 3. CFtP and PiP were not even in the game during a this time and you could still panic parry in recovery. It is now Chivalry Medieval Warfare Patch 26 and things have changed. That is my concept of obsolete.