Low FPS since after the last update

• Hey,

My FPS dropped from about 60 before the update to about 20-25 after the update. I’ve changed all the settings to the lowest possible, and it doesn’t increase it by more then 5…

I’ve also tried editing the UDKengine.ini in the my documents/mygames/chivalry/… by changing bsmoothframerate from true to false, and it changed nothing. I looked through quite a few topics and googled it, but most of the .ini editing didn’t change anything… So do you have any suggestions?

My computer specifications are:

Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.2GHz, turbo boost up to 3.2GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT750M
    8 GB DDR3 L Memory

Kind Regards,
    Ohemg

• Right click your desktop, go to Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D settings. Follow instructions in the pic shown here. So make sure to locate CMW.exe in either 32bit or 64, whichever you play in the Chiv steam folder, and select High Peformance Processor for it.

• @venomblade:

Right click your desktop, go to Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D settings. Follow instructions in the pic shown here. So make sure to locate CMW.exe in either 32bit or 64, whichever you play in the Chiv steam folder, and select High Peformance Processor for it.

That only works for NVidia GPUs on a Laptop with OptimusTechnology or Dual Video cards.

There are lots of options for tweaking and optimizing the game and your PC. Check my signature for links to what I have done.

• @Retsnom:

That only works for NVidia GPUs on a Laptop with OptimusTechnology or Dual Video cards.

There are lots of options for tweaking and optimizing the game and your PC. Check my signature for links to what I have done.

Being that his CPU has a built in Intel HD 4000, also with his dedicated GT750M, and with Chivalry having been known to default to the integrated GPU causing performance issues in the past, only remedied by the method I stated before, I only assumed it was the case as now the game uses CMW.exe instead of UDK.exe so if the person did this process of making the game use its dedicated GPU before, they’d have to do it again now that the game is using a different executable. Would also explain why this just happened after this past update.