Firepot

• can a dev tell me whether getting flinched like 3 times by a firepot is normal/intended? It’s like an earthquake getting hit by one.

• It only seems to happen sometimes, but yeah it’s annoying as hell.

• It’s called Oil Pot btw.

• I always hated how if you get hit by incoming attacks WHILE on fire, the fire starts it’s interrupting loop all over again.

• @Pungvarg:

It’s called Oil Pot btw.

It’s called “by the way” by the way.

• @Karasu:

It’s called “by the way” by the way.

Lol.
    ‘‘btw’’ is an abbreviation of ‘‘by the way’’. Just like ‘‘lol’’ is an abbreviation of ‘‘laughing out loud’’.
    Therefore it is not incorrect.

Nice attempt at being edgy though.

• @Pungvarg:

Lol.
    ‘‘btw’’ is an abbreviation of ‘‘by the way’’. Just like ‘‘lol’’ is an abbreviation of ‘‘laughing out loud’’.
    Therefore it is not incorrect.

Nice attempt at being edgy though.

Good lord so serious. Go derail a different thread.

• Whenever I get set on fire by a lame-pot, I wish my guy could pull a 60 round Uzi from his loins and spray down the thrower. It’d be just as skillful.

Heavy Throwing Knife would be a better option for MAA, or a single Javelin on the back or something. You know, something that requires a bit of accuracy and precision. Anything would be better than the skill-less AoE weapon that has zero counters.

It’s still buggy too. Don’t you still lose out on assists and registered TK damage?

• Besides the odd flinching bug happening once in awhile I don’t have a big problem with it.
    One reason I can think of it being a problem is in a 5v5 LTS scenario. The hot pocket er- oil pot is just too good to pass up for the MAA on the team.
    The oil pot gains value in this specific scenario because its LTS, one death and you have extensive strategy with your team. The oil pot is more balanced in other modes and public games as you don’t have nearly as cohesive strategy with your team.
    Perhaps instead of nerfing the oil pot you could make new options or buff the existing ones. Or if the shattered remnants of the competitive scene wants they can ban it from scrims.

Yes its good, and doesn’t take a huge amount of prowess to aim it. Though the real utility from it comes from specific teamwork and that is a rarity in public games.
    The only “nerf” I’d like to see done is that it doesn’t effect water, and if you are on fire the water should put it out.

• I’ve always noticed it only seems to flinch you if you’ve previously taken damage to something since you spawned, much like how you only get flinched for falling if you’ve been previous damaged by something.

• @Karasu:

Good lord so serious. Go derail a different thread.

You were the one who started derailing this thread. All I did was correct a mistake in the title of the thread, and then you came in and tried to make me look dumb solely because I did that.

Logic hurts son, it hurts

• I’ve always thought firepots were a bit to easy to use. I mean, it is extremely difficult to actually miss with one, and do MAA really need an unblockable free hit that does AOE damage?

But I can live with firepots staying where they are if they do fix the obnoxious flinch. Sheesh, it honestly does feel like an earthquake when I get hit by one.

• I think the biggest reason firepots were made were to counter shield wall setups from knights, this is mentioned in the tutorial. I just still believe the threat of 1 firepot is far greater than the threat of any shields.

• @Pungvarg:

You were the one who started derailing this thread. All I did was correct a mistake in the title of the thread, and then you came in and tried to make me look dumb solely because I did that.

Logic hurts son, it hurts

You made yourself look like an idiot when you got mad when he trolled you. Go take a breath and DDoS someone.

• @Flippy:

You made yourself look like an idiot when you got mad when he trolled you. Go take a breath and DDoS someone.

It wasn’t trolling btw which is why no1 besides you and him found it even remotely funny. (Which I doubt you even did. You’re only mad at me because I rused you both)

Oh and I hope you have fun being a Crushed bandwagon fanboy just like most clueless people on this forum

• Stop, both of you. Both of you provide good feedback that Torn Banner needs to hear, so don’t get banned over something as silly as this.

• Speaking of firepots, I still don’t think they fixed the possible abuse in FFA.
    You can (could, at least) kill yourself with a firepot and earn extra points on the scoreboard!

Kinda silly, really. Definitively shouldn’t be high prio. Just wanted to point it out!

• When I get hit by a firepot I embrace it! I run back into the flames and crouch down in it, staring at the MAA. When he comes in for the kill, I try to smash him. When I do I say, “I am the Blood of the Dragon!”. If I die, I say, “I am no Dragon!”. So its a win-win for me hahah

• @Toll:

When I get hit by a firepot I embrace it! I run back into the flames and crouch down in it, staring at the MAA. When he comes in for the kill, I try to smash him. When I do I say, “I am the Blood of the Dragon!”. If I die, I say, “I am no Dragon!”. So its a win-win for me hahah

I doubt this would go down well in a competitive match though haha. If TB could sort out the retarded multiflinch you get when they throw it at you though, that’d be fucking brilliant. Other than that, I don’t really mind them, they’re a good tool for zoning/finishing.

• If you don’t have fun in competitive play, you’re doing it wrong.