Combo parry

• In the current beta build panic parry got removed and CFtP was reintruduced. But somehow combo parry - which functions like a more random version of panic parry - is still there. I don’t know if it was intentional. If not I suggest also removing it. Having CFtP makes it obsolete after all and “accidentally” hitting block during release might cause useless stamina drain from this side.

Also Bean killed me by cutting right through Swifty.

• Combo Parry forces you to parry directly after an attack.
    Let’s say I miss an attack and I’m not gonna follow it up with a combo. As my combatant approaches me, I can’t just wait for the right moment to parry his attack, but I’ll have to decide quickly before the recovery. This means he can easily punish me with a feint or whatnot.

I think combo parry + cftp is a nice way to go. Offers multiple valid choices, all of which still induce punishment for missed strikes. (Combo parry = Risk for easy hit, Cftp = Hefty Stamina cost)

• @Evil:

In the current beta build panic parry got removed and CFtP was reintruduced. But somehow combo parry - which functions like a more random version of panic parry - is still there. I don’t know if it was intentional. If not I suggest also removing it. Having CFtP makes it obsolete after all and “accidentally” hitting block during release might cause useless stamina drain from this side.

Also Bean killed me by cutting right through Swifty.

What B4RK said.

Combo parry actually offers a really nice alternative to CFTP for a cheaper stamina cost at the risk of mis-timing it or not needing it at all. It’s an interesting mechanic for competitive play that probably won’t change too much, but maybe in the future we’ll see some hefty use of it to gain stamina advantages.

It’s also good for pubs who by now will have gotten used to being able to parry after an attack, and won’t have to know some super clan secret (not really) to do it. So I don’t agree that it’s obsolete at all.

In fact, I don’t understand why this didn’t happen in the first place. Now players have the option to do what they want, and due to stamina costs of both moves, it encourages players to use combo parry to get an edge, and the best players out there will surely have to use this to their advantage when appropriate.

• Nabster is right, there is no need to remove combo parry imo

• This post is deleted!