So feinting is breaking the rules in LTS?

• apparently if you feint in lts with a norse you’ll get kicked

strong fucking community

• Pub community is a bunch of whiners. Join a clan (if you’re in EU). NA clans still bitch about feints for no good reason. Regardless, scrims have made pubs almost unplayable for me. They’re a lot of fun.

• Almost all the good NA players left with “the patch,” so what you see now in pubs for some reason think feinting is some sort of taboo. Rather than punishing it they’d rather just not do it.

• Don’t be fooled though; EU clans aren’t that happy about feinting either.
    I mostly agree with them, but that’s an entirely different subject.

Edit: Forgot to mention that while most competitive clans could really care less about feints, most clan members you’ll encounter in a random pubbing match will moan about feinting from time to time.

• I’ve never seen a clan in the EU side that would be against feints, only some individual players. Some clans just have more players like that. Mainly just the ones that are full of pub duelists like VK or BnB.

• I can’t even pub anymore since I got into competitive. Every time I play in a pub my faith in humanity’s intelligence dips very low.

• @Flippy:

I can’t even pub anymore since I got into competitive. Every time I play in a pub my faith in humanity’s intelligence dips very low.

Open console, write togglehud, play a mix of Sabaton and Two Steps from Hell, fight as you please!
    Seriously the best way to pub.

• It’s a shame you didn’t get banned.

• @Tyoson:

It’s a shame you didn’t get banned.

Someone didn’t play the tutorial

• I see lots of whining about feints, drags, footwork and various weapons daily. Best way to deal with it is just ignore those players who whine.

I don’t think I have seen that many clan players moan about feints here is EU. It’s mostly just pubstompers.
    I have also noticed that those who usually whine about drags and feints favor fast weapons like bearded axe, norse sword etc… Coincidence?

OP, do whatever the fuck you want but if you get kicked don’t take it too hard and especially don’t create threads like this. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

• @Karasu:

Someone didn’t play the tutorial

You make so many silly judgements. I did the tutorial, twice. I also watched the torn banner combat video on youtuvbe. I know how to drag, I used to be very good at feinting. Until someone pointed out how much of a rat player I was becoming. Then I stopped. I could feint feinters, but there’s no need to. I just hit them when they feint instead. Which should become increasingly easier once panic parry is removed, and hopefully the bubble.

• @Enigma:

apparently if you feint in lts with a norse you’ll get kicked

strong fucking community

Shame that you got kicked, but feinting with a norse sword in a pub is a bit of a bitch move ;) It’s not like it’s already incredibly easy to own face with a norse…

You might as well use a gun.

• People these days will cry about anything in this game. Feinters hate draggers and draggers hate feinters.

• @Harry:

Shame that you got kicked, but feinting with a norse sword in a pub is a bit of a bitch move ;) It’s not like it’s already incredibly easy to own face with a norse…

Why should anyone stop using a game mechanic? What next, you gonna stop using the sprint because it’s incredibly easy to own face with norse anyway?

• @Tyoson:

It’s a shame you didn’t get banned.

I wonder what kind of person you are outside the keyboard with the opinions you have.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why should anyone stop using a game mechanic? What next, you gonna stop using the sprint because it’s incredibly easy to own face with norse anyway?

I didn’t say they should, it’s just a bit of a bitch move. Anyway I’ve never seen you norse feint in a pub, why would you even need to? It’s like winning a fist fight with a kick to the balls; sure, feet are “in the game”, balls are “in the game” and you won the fight, but you still won it like a pussy.

All I’m saying is people don’t respect that, and some of them will get angry and vote kick. It’s just how it goes, especially on official servers. No need to make a post about it, the only people that read these forums aren’t the people who vote kick for something like that anyway.

• Only trash players complain about feints.

Feints are pretty broken right now tho.

not OP-broken, but broken due to flinch times.
    if someone hits you with a 2h or even a 1h, you are forced defensive. assuming the player starts comboing and you know he will combo feint, you cant punish it because it will more than likely end up with him still hitting you before you can hit him, or a tradehit scenario where you are already fucked since you got hit earlier.

this game is stupidly boring atm anyway. Huge bubble, panic parry, and low stamina. really really boring and low skill ceiling

• i always have feinted in comp games. I don’t feint AS much in pubs but still do, and mainly you kind of HAVE to feint most of the time to get around the panic parries. If you’re playing TO the whole object is to get people out of your way and push the objective. If you don’t feint and want to have a long duel with everyone you encounter you’re just going to get overwhelmed and die to all the people slashing around and through their teammates to hit you. There’s no point in dying when a few feints can save your life. It’s like… “oh, i should just die because you can’t handle a feint”.

Nah, i’ll just feint you.

I also always feint against archers and maa… maa because they can dodge, and archers because i play knight and if i don’t feint them i’ll probably die to an archer.

• Not even the worst clan in EU ever complained about feints… at least not when I played.
    But yes, the public community in this game is horrible. Imagine getting kicked in Quake for strafe jumping or for being good at dodging rails. But that’s the todays CoD generation I guess.

• I think all 1H weapons should have a much larger stamina cost for feinting. They’re so quick that it’s a complete gample whether you should block or wait for the feint - if they do not feint, you’ll get hit regardless. If you do block, they can feint and you’ll be able to do nothing about it. The weapons are just so goddamn fast.

If your opponent manages to (somehow) read it and block accordingly, you should be punished for bad feinting.