Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Patch 2

• ****New

• Medals added,victory defeat screen updated, team points updated on the post game scoreboard
    • Players can now use achieved titles in-game
    • Added reshuffle option during end of match Map votes
    • Also updated default game to include more maps for the map rotation and map voting
    • SDK support (mods and maps)
    • Moor and Frigid from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are now available for all gamemodes except duel.

**Bug fixes

• Fixed bug with first letter of chat on post game screen sticking sometimes
    • Fixed timing for double axe animation weapons, 2nd slash recover time matches the 1st slash attack recovery
    • Fixed team damage stat for FFA/Duels.
    • News ticker update - no more text stretching
    • Fixed picking up throwables that hit corpses.
    • Vote options are disabled for 2 seconds after a match to prevent accidental voting
    • Fixed missing heads on death for some characters
    • Fixed helmets and other attachments on death
    • Fixed projectile stickies attached to head
    • Fixed rare instance of preview character dying
    • Fixed de-ranking when losing XP
    • You may now abstain from map voting by hitting ESC
    • Killing an enemy you’ve thrown a smoke pot at allows you to recover the pot ammo(Ninja)
    • Ninja interrupted when throwing a shuriken will no longer switch to fists
    • Fixed rare t-pose occurrence
    • Ping limits on servers now properly work and kick players with ping that is over a configurable threshold
    • Fixed: profile screen has a text field with the text “textfield” if you haven’t clicked anything
    • Fixed being able to survive the pit in Acropolis.
    • Fixed double point awards at end of game
    • Fixed blue rocks in frigid
    • Voting works with SDK maps, Frigid, and Moor
    • StartGameManual works for SDK users
    • Fixed issue where a weapon name would appear as “textfield” (introduced in Beta 1)
    • Toned down moon in Moor (Tyler: “WHAT WAS I THINKING”), gave Moor colour grading and proper character brightness

**Server Browser

******The Server Browser has undergone changes and improvements to better present User Generated Content (mods and custom maps)

• Mod name column is sortable
    • Coloured background behind servers with custom maps or mods – gold for maps, cyan for mods
    • Move both min and max ranks into a “rank” column
    • Use the now-vacant Min Rank column for “Mod”; allows sorting by custom content (“Mod”, “Map”, or “None”)
    • Max rank of “0” now shows as the infinity symbol (since that’s functionally what it is)

**Improvements

• Change time played to hours from minutes
    • Fixed the minimum respawn time in FFA.
    • Duel: both players have to accept a rematch.
    • Added new bDisableAutoBalance flag, default to false.
    • poleaxe animation updated
    • Toggle shield consistent between weapons.
    • ESC now skips the vote options
    • Update stats on logout, minimize the amount of stats writing to lower Steam thread burn on CPU
    • Client rank-up notification now occurs server-side.
    • Visual notification of rank ups
    • Visual notification for victory / defeat
    • Added score to HTB(Hold the Banner) for banner carrier
    • Added scoring for PTB
    • Ammo counter display has been improved
    • Removed team damage penalty in LTS (Last team Standing) mode
    • Parrybox improvements

**Optimization

• Reduce sound memory used based on user’s available system memory. If you’re a 32-bit user who was having an issue with the game crashing before, try again and see what happens now.

• This is the new “MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren” in CDWSystemSettings.ini. This represents the number of different, randomly-selected sounds you’ll hear for the same effect (e.g. for VO, hits, etc.). The highest we set it to is 18, the lowest 2.

**Training

• Fixed Training messages for Dodge and Feint to include the alternative one button dodge (v) and RMB feint
    • Fixed missing textures in Training

• Bueno. Sehr gut. Very nice. Goed Gedaan!

• It’s really impressive that you’re able to push out 2 patches at the same time for both DW and MW. Very nice work TB.

• This is great and all but, there are only 12 servers with NO filters on…
    Also, I can’t find where you change title! D:
    Edit: That’s not all, when we won a red thing came up with a bit of gold, but there were no text in it…
    Edit2: And there’s no music in the title screen! Everything in the audio options are maxed.
    Edit3: Should I report my findings here? Anyway, the red and gold thing now says “Victory!”, so I guess it was a temporary error.
    Also, the servers are weird. I’ve been on two, someone else’s and my own, and there are frequent lag spikes on both. What makes it weird is that I have it on my OWN server.

• Server operators need a bit of time to update. More will be popping up as the day progresses.

• @Lucas:

Server operators need a bit of time to update. More will be popping up as the day progresses.

Oh, of course!
    Good thing I am prepared to host my own!

• @Lucas:

New

• Moor and Frigid from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are now available for all gamemodes except duel.

TO is no longer a game mode!

• Finally.Some TO would be nice too.
    But focus on MW first.
    Great work in the past month TB,well done.

• @Userper:

All game modes supported in Deadliest Warrior.

• This is nice, but when is the CMW patch coming ? :o

• I really like the medals, they fit well with DW and feel very fun to get, but they’re not showing up in profile page. Still says medals coming soon. Also, the titles replace the player’s name when you hover your mouse dot over them in game. I didn’t know that was intended, and players with no titles equipped simply have no name. It’s kind’ve hard to tell who’s who, which is especially bad when they’re TKing you on purpose and you can’t votekick them until after they kill someone, so you can see their name in the kill feed.

Also, I hear no more music. No title music, or music in between games. And as a suggestion, please remove the sound effect when you tab out of your scoreboard in the middle of a patch. The sound that makes it come up is fine, but the sound that makes it go away is kind’ve distracting. Also, the sword slash sound when someone gets first blood is also very disorientating, because it makes you feel like someone is near you.

The pole axe seems exactly the same to me, as well as every “double axe” animation in general. The overheads are by default alt overheads and I don’t understand why. But I haven’t noticed any bugs (outside what’s listed here, and they’re minor), so good job! The SoW parry animation was finally fixed, so thank you for that.

• @SOC:

the titles replace the player’s name when you hover your mouse dot over them in game.

Can you screenshot this? I was in the server and it was appearing properly Title above player name.

We are looking into the lack of music in-game as well.

• @DaGGyzo:

Can you screenshot this? I was in the server and it was appearing properly Title above player name.

Also, can there be an official TDM only 32p server for the east/central US region? I think DW plays better on 32p than 24p and there’s only 1 TDM only server in the game and it’s really laggy.

• @Andrew:

All game modes supported in Deadliest Warrior.

I’m lost here; are you saying DW now has TO mode?

• @Reginhard:

I’m lost here; are you saying DW now has TO mode?

Nope, no TO

• @Userper:

Was not aware Moor and Frigid were TO maps, you high?
    I think the sweet spot tracers in Deadliest warrior should be toned down slightly, the concept was good, but the way You Torn Banner just butchered it hardcore just made it bad.

• I’d actually play DW if it had TO :(

• @Tyoson:

I’d actually play DW if it had TO :(

You are not alone.

• Soc, What resolution do you play in?

• I can only hear one voice for each command.No variety whatsoever.Same as in MW.
    Also,the game still crashes on map change(sometimes).