Parry window

• Someone kept telling me that faster weapons also have shorter parry windows than slower ones,
    but isn’t the duration of a parry 0,5 for every weapon, while only the animation differs?

I’d be glad if a dev or someone with definitive proof could confirm this.

• I saw a video somewhere that proved they’re all the same. Go dig around Youtube, I’d suggest.

• you mean this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6l1Fdpj6sA
    that one only shows the different animations, not if the actual parry windows are the same :/

• 0.5 for all weapons. Pretty sure.

• I swear I can get in more parries with a short sword then with a long sword, I’ve never actually checked up on it, but It feels like I can. Maybe because recovery times and whatnot are quicker on the short sword so parries feel quicker to get up, then time it stays up is feels the same across all weapons.

• @Toll:

I swear I can get in more parries with a short sword then with a long sword, I’ve never actually checked up on it, but It feels like I can. Maybe because recovery times and whatnot are quicker on the short sword so parries feel quicker to get up, then time it stays up is feels the same across all weapons.

I believe this is do to teh shortsword being faster in attack speed and animation than the long sword. Thus the short sword goes faster into idle than the long sword and you are allowed to parry sooner as the swing and animations are far shorter than longer slower weapons.

So in a sense you are getting in more parries per minute with a short weapon than you will with a long weapon if all you did was swing then parrry, swing then parry for a minute. It is howso many of my Halberd swings tend to be easily parried yet I cannot pary a MAA or archer with any degree of success.