A reason why TB never should make a single player melee games

• One simpel reason. The competition is lightyears ahead of you.

Stick to multiplayer melee and expand and improve in that niche. You better do it quick before another company does it better, and I’m pretty sure there are some already in development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKbKkhHXrQ

Without Chivalry, what are you good at ? You’d seriously have to innovate.

• Yeah that game looks sick. However it has yet to be played, the combat could turn out to be great on paper but balls on playing.

• @Sophax:

One simpel reason. The competition is lightyears ahead of you.

Stick to multiplayer melee and expand and improve in that niche. You better do it quick before another company does it better, and I’m pretty sure there are some already in development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKbKkhHXrQ

Without Chivalry, what are you good at ? You’d seriously have to innovate.

Torn Banner has the comparative advantage in the field of multiplayer games. I’m fine with that.

Skyrim has 100 hours for me, cost me 60 dollars, had a long development cycle and a big budget. Chivalry has 900 hours out of me, cost me 20 dollars, has a small development team, and not a stunning amount of content for how long it’s been out.

I’d still pick Chivalry, a goofy, unrealistic multiplayer game, over skyrim, a goofy, unrealistic singleplayer game. Even if the singleplayer game is really fun, difficult, and complex, you’ll still play a multiplayer game longer than you will a singleplayer game. Torn Banner needs to exist to fill in this niche.

• The demand for what Chivalry brings is far greater than the demand for what Kingdom Come brings. Don’t get me wrong, Kingdom Come looks great and I’m really excited for it, but you’re gonna spend at most 200~ hours in it most likely, whereas you’re gonna be spending thousands of hours in Chivalry.

The re-playability in competitive multiplayer games is always far greater than single player games. That’s what sells in today’s market.

• Looks neat.
    I’m glad there is more medieval games with a focus on combat coming out.
    M&B Bannerlord will really take the cake in my opinion, I love the singleplayer and its inevitable mod-ability as well as the multiplayer.

• Combat in that game looks awful and designed for controllers

looks like a 10 hour singleplayer game with nice graphics that everyone forgets after 3 months

not even close on the level of chivalry

• @CRUSHED:

Combat in that game looks awful and designed for controllers

looks like a 10 hour singleplayer game with nice graphics that everyone forgets after 3 months

not even close on the level of chivalry

70 hours they said. With 3 acts. And all 3 acts together would probably cost around $60-75.

That combat system wouldn’t work at all for multiplayer though. And it does look pretty controller designed especially that auto parry.

Still wouldn’t mind a singleplayer chivalry though. The demand is there kingdom come or not the kick starter for Kingdom come has proved that. They already have a good story.

Though making a singleplayer game will take a long time. And is the unreal engine built for open world games? A severely modified one maybe. Unreal 4?

• It’s been suggested countless times before.
    If Skyrim had a Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Combat mod I’d say my goodbyes to this nice community in an instant and uninstall Chivalry. Then let’s see how vulnerable all those Khajiit bandits are to feinting rage.

Nonetheless, Kingdom Come does look very neat.

• Lolled at automatic parry that blocks every single strike until you run out of stamina.
    Absolutely disgusting. Reminds me of nofeint duels with the current panic parry/low stamina system (aka, can’t be hit and whoever runs out of stamina first loses)

• @Pungvarg:

Lolled at automatic parry that blocks every single strike until you run out of stamina.

In the video they explain that there is a difference between guarding and parrying.
    Parrying you have to react much like in Chivalry.
    Holding a guard is a block where you don’t get the tempo advantage or the ability to riposte.
    Also its not even in alpha yet so things are subject to change.

• The first act is set for release in December, I think? With inevitable push back, probably a year at least :(

I’m hoping Bannerlord will release before then, at which point my girlfriend is getting dumped, and I’m quitting my job.

• I just hope the parry is like chivalry, aiming at the tip of the weapon NOT DIRECTIONAL parry

directional parry is so archaic its not even funny

in mount & blade you can get extremely high parry accuracy just with a little bit of muscle memory, even against feints, its a terrible system.

• and dear god tell them to remove the button mashing for counters and the auto aim… jesus christ

“revolutionary” combat my ass more like assassins creed in first person

but it definetly has potential if they are willing to get off the casual train

• @CRUSHED:

I just hope the parry is like chivalry, aiming at the tip of the weapon NOT DIRECTIONAL parry

Looked like it’s just based on timing and from what I gathered, your character’s stats. It is an RPG after all. But let’s just keep in mind that what they showed is an very early prototype and everything can change. Warhorse is surprisingly willing to show their current situation, most studios would withold early prototypes like that (and for a good reason, I see lots of assumptions based on that video already).

• @CRUSHED:

I just hope the parry is like chivalry, aiming at the tip of the weapon NOT DIRECTIONAL parry

directional parry is so archaic its not even funny

in mount & blade you can get extremely high parry accuracy just with a little bit of muscle memory, even against feints, its a terrible system.

Parrying in M&B takes a lot more accurate twitch skill than in Chivalry.
    For a true riposte in M&B you need to chamber parry which is considerably harder than Chivalry.
    I don’t agree that either are better than one another, just different.

• We’ll in M&B its pretty dam easy against feints. Once you get used to it. Spams right click and look the right way.

But yes It’s harder to riposte. Though even then it just takes longer to learn than chivalries riposte.

• @lemonater47:

70 hours they said. With 3 acts. And all 3 acts together would probably cost around $60-75.

That combat system wouldn’t work at all for multiplayer though. And it does look pretty controller designed especially that auto parry.

Still wouldn’t mind a singleplayer chivalry though. The demand is there kingdom come or not the kick starter for Kingdom come has proved that. They already have a good story.

Though making a singleplayer game will take a long time. And is the unreal engine built for open world games? A severely modified one maybe. Unreal 4?

I’ve always had his idea in my head that it would be cool if someone made a 1st person melee game that fits into the doom 3 story line. So where the guy from doom pays a visit into hell (in doom 3) the melee player could follow the doom player out from hell and back into our realm. 1st person melee would be great fun in doom 3 IMO….so long as you had a good shield :) …like a bullet proof one…Or just make the melee player partly undead or something…he did come from hell after all.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAB1PBgW8Y4

Realy excited to see a single player game that has an action/skill based melee system. Now if only it would be multiplayer.

• @Sophax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAB1PBgW8Y4

Realy excited to see a single player game that has an action/skill based melee system. Now if only it would be multiplayer.

lmao poor man’s dark sols

• @rumpelstiltskin:

lmao poor man’s dark sols

Ugh I can’t wait for Dark Souls 2. Time to do another run right now.