Customized/Novelty Weapons

• I’m sure a similar thread exists (somewhere, didn’t bother to look though), but I would like to see other things to make your characters unique in the form of weaponry. Alternate colors, designs, ect would be awesome. Golden mauls, black zweihanders, or even different skins altogether (with the same stats, of course)

Also, a novelty/training type weapon list would be sweet. Like wooden swords that do same damage as a kick or something. Humiliate your opponent with the wooden maul! Same speed/reach, only 5 damage on hit! :victorious:

…or balloon swords? <—joke

• Unfortunately client-side mods will likely never be supported, at least not any time soon.

• Why not make it official? They could probably make a bit of cash like helmets, except it would be a weapon customization shop instead.

• It’s a great idea.
    I wanted a training weapon to try and train my brother up for CMW and it was actually a bit tricky…first i tried slow weapons so that he could see the weapon coming and time his parry, which he didn’t do very well and then i’d cut him in half with the halberd…
    So i tried fast weapons that don’t do much damage and they were too fast for meaningful training…

A wooden weapon would have been perfect.

Wooden weapons would also be perfect for pro’s that go in to pub stomping games.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Why not make it official? They could probably make a bit of cash like helmets, except it would be a weapon customization shop instead.

If it wasn’t client only it would put a lot of people off the game.

• @giantyak:

A wooden weapon would have been perfect.

Wooden weapons would also be perfect for pro’s that go in to pub stomping games.

ie. Cudgel

• Purple dildo Vanguards

Pool noodle Knights

Newspaper MaA

HIV filled syringe arrows Archer

We TF2 nao

• @lemonater47:

If it wasn’t client only it would put a lot of people off the game.

Why? I, for one, would love unlockable / customizable weapons.

• i wouldnt mind some special skins for the best

• I would like weapon-skins

• @dudeface:

Why? I, for one, would love unlockable / customizable weapons.

Well not balloon swords is what I meant.

• yeah, this sounds like it would be cool. and give the archer a custom skin that makes him look like an emaciated, dirty, holes-thtrough-his-vomit-encreusted clothes, mangy look. i know that would piss off more people when we, er, they get ****d by an archer……

interesting, cant type raiped without the i…

• Being able to customise your weapons such as changing the hilt or blade kind would be pretty cool, but letting people colour their weapons gold or black would be retarded.

Also novelty weapons like wooden swords would be kinda neat, but only in certain gamemodes or maps like tavern. Having them in regular play would be pretty stupid.

• In DW, you can change the hue of your armor, so knights can have like the normal grey steel armor, or they can have like white silver, or a blue’sh mythril color, or a dark brown copper color and all the shades in between. I think something like this for weapons would be cool, like seeing a longsword with a red handle, a gold hilt and the same blade would be cool.

• Having weapon skins similar to helmets (as serverside DLC) would not be a bad thing. Not only golden/ fancy skins but weapons that would be too similar otherwise:

• Voulge (Bardiche skin)
    • Guisarme (Billhook skin)
    • Halberd with a round axe blade
    • Pitchfork (Fork skin)
    • Boar spear (Brandistock skin)
    • Katzbalger (Shortsword skin)
      etc.

As people buy helmets I think people would also love to buy weapon skins.

• Bears bears bears

• GOLDEN… MAUL!

• There should be a SoW skin unlock that is a new sexy looking SoW with crushed engraved on it

otherwise, fuck off

• The brandi belongs to me anyway

• Yes please! Especially the wooden weapons idea…that would be great for having long duels.