Reverse overhead

• I’m talking about the trick where you turn around and hit with the weapon at the beginning of the windup.
    Is that ever going to get fixed or at least nerfed a bit? While its fine on some weapons, its just op and broken on others ( messer, zwei are a few examples ). I know, it requires some degree of skill, but overall I think the damage should at least be reduced because it’s totally unblockable in some situations and feels very weird. Blocking it is mostly luck based since you have only a fraction of a second to actually see if hes hitting or just spinning, so you have to either block as soon as he turns around or try to hitrade. Such a counter-less attack should not exist in chivalry in my opinion.

• Probably not completely since it would require a complete reworking of how moving the mouse controls your upper body. Maybe if we ever get a sequel.

The best we can hope for is that they make it so that weapons do reduced damage if they connect right at the start of the swing, which would be realistic since they won’t have built up as much momentum as a regular swing at the time it connects. Apparently it’s like that in DW so there’s a chance they could add it to the base game at some point.

• Hate to break it to you(but not really), but TBS has said themeselves that drags, in any way, shape or form, are a valid part of the game and will not be hampered with. Beside this, I will also disect your OP.

@Stuffy:

I’m talking about the trick where you turn around and hit with the weapon at the beginning of the windup.

This is just a lack of knowledge about how weapons work. It is not possible for any weapon to do damage in the windup.

Is that ever going to get fixed or at least nerfed a bit?

Sorry if it bothers you, but no.

While its fine on some weapons, its just op and broken on others ( messer, zwei are a few examples ). I know, it requires some degree of skill

You’re right in saying that it requires a degree of skill, especially when combining it with other skillful tactics such as matrices, but it also helps increase the overall player controll. The conclusion we came to is more player control+more skill=more competitive.

, but overall I think the damage should at least be reduced because it’s totally unblockable

You must play with poor FPS or something because I can parry it all day long and I know many, many people who can as well

in some situations

I have almost 700 hours in this game and I have yet to see a single situation where it was unblockable

and feels very weird. Blocking it is mostly luck based since you have only a fraction of a second

You know what else is a fraction of a second? Every timing in the game and your reaction time as well. There is not a single weapon in this entire game that can hit you with a reverse OH before your reaction time picks it up and you have absolutely zero excuse(expect maybe playing at 10 FPS) for not being able to parry it.

to actually see if hes hitting or just spinning, so you have to either block as soon as he turns around or try to hitrade.

A. Why the hell woud you even consider trying to hit trade with it?

B. There is a very distinct and noticable different between helicoptering and doing a ROH. If he does a ROH, he will turn around during his windup and stop for the rest of his windup. You have much more than enough time to react and parry this. If he bluffs a ROH, and spins another 180 into a drag, a competent player would be able to detect this and just move 2 feet to the side or just treat it like a regular drag and not spam parry the second he sees the enemy turn his back.

Such a counter-less attack should not exist in chivalry in my opinion.

You’re absolutely correct actually. There should be no counterless attack/tactics in Chivalry. And that is why the ROH still exists, the ROH is extremely punishable in multiple ways. You can either

A. Parry it to give yourself back the control of the fight, which is muy bueno.

or B. Side step it and hit him as he misses because he turned his back and won’t even know that you side stepped it until it was too late for him.

If you live in North America, I would encourage you to join the “Interitus Duels” server and practice doing and countering all of the variants of drags us experienced players have discovered over the years and perhaps I could show you a few tricks if you like.

• Its only OK if its done in first person.

• Exploits! Remove! Nerf! Ban!

• Reverse overheads are mostly just a trick, they have crap range and are telegraphed by the person turning their back on you.

• In gameplay terms being hit by a reverse overhead means you either got stunned or behaved just the way your opponent anticipated. They got low reach and require to turn your back to the target. An easy way is to step back and let your enemy do his little trick (if your weapon is long enough you can even stab his back) while wasting time, control and stamina.

Then they also make sense for sharp weapons - blades hurt even if cutting in the other direction. Its strange for the Maul - but then the Maul is extra-slow. No experience with the Grand Mace for now.

• Nice post Nohbdy.

No please don’t remove my exploits! I need them because I crutch on them!

• nerf contortionists
    nerf yogi
    nerf backbone

tbs please

• reverseparry reversecounteroverhead into reverse 180° turnreverseoverhead > reverse overhead

Step it up son.

• I never had the patience to learn it, but I respect the players who can pull if off successfully. Definitely not something that needs to be removed. Also useful for breaking doors down in TO maps.

• i always use it for breaking doors so i can keep an eye out.

• Reverse overheads are bitch!

With certain weapons, you get two chances to hit the enemy. As far as I know, it’s still impossible to hit an enemy twice with a single swing, but if you miss with the first part of release, you can do a 180 back around and catch them with the very end of release. Messer and Bardiche come to mind ;)

• Reverse overheads are fine, nay, wonderful.

• @H:

As far as I know, it’s still impossible to hit an enemy twice with a single swing

Yep, it’s impossible.

• Deathspins 180° (reverse Overhead) and 360° Spin are technics and no Exploits. This is skillplay, learn it to make, learn it to parry (no Problem to parry you must only know how) or stop whining pls.

• We need more stupid shit like this since feints are bad and bubble is big and stamina low

• To clearify: I don’t want this “exploit” or “tactic” ( whatever you want to call it ) to be removed. However, I would love to see it having some downsides, esp. if the bubble gets removed soon.

• @Stuffy:

To clearify: I don’t want this “exploit” or “tactic” ( whatever you want to call it ) to be removed. However, I would love to see it having some downsides, esp. if the bubble gets removed soon.

What would you like other than having to sacrifice all your visual awareness, risk whiffing for no reason, getting blocked and riposted while you’re looking the wrong direction, etc.

If you haven’t already, try to make it work for yourself as much as possible. I’m sure you’ll quickly discover the downsides to it. If there were none then everyone would be running around backwards all the time, which obviously isn’t the case.

• It can be hard to parry a riposte as it is. Some of them just come at you so fast that you can’t turn quickly enough to parry at the right spot.

If you riposte someone’s reverse overhead, they’re getting hit. No questions asked.