What are you waiting for torn banner? Make a next gen title!

• What are you doing in that studio? Sure you’ve said you are going to focus on bugfixing but that can’t be the ONLY thing the whole team is doing. If everyone, not only the coders, have been working on chivalry wouldn’t we atleast be getting more content patches?

After I bought and played the game I thought to my self: “Well Tornbanner has proven the consept of chivalry to be successful, now it is only a matter of time before they license UE4 and make a next gen open world game which is going to be REALLY good.” However time has now past and neither trailer nor announcement, not even rumors of TornBanners next game has come.

So what is going on? Have you developed a new game in secret and are waiting for E3 to announce it? Or are you just working on fixing whatever the community is complaining about?

I really hope you are making some kind of open world game. I mean how good wouldn’t it be to have chivalrys combat system set in the time of the mason order rebelion in an open world?

• i really hope they dont make a open world game

• @CRUSHED:

i really hope they dont make a open world game

What a nuanced post! Would you care to explain WHY you wouldn’t them to make a new game?

• I never said i wouldn’t want them to make a new game.

It’s very obvious Chivalry was Torn Banners REAL first game (i know there was AOC, but it was a mod on source engine, so yeah), because of all the bugs and stuff. It’s also very obvious that they are gathering experience for their next game with this title. Ofcourse thats not a bad thing, i have always forgiven them for the bugs for being a fairly new indie developer.

Anyway I would love a Chivalry 2. But Chivalry is an amazing multiplayer game, one of the best in years for me and my friends. So I HOPE they dont waste that potential and make another bandwagon open world singleplayer game that lacks depth and quality and compensates that with “herp derp open world”. I hope Chivalry 2 will be just another amazing multiplayer game. Just with more polish, more features, more solid game and maybe even better graphics.

• @CRUSHED:

I never said i wouldn’t want them to make a new game.

Anyway I would love a Chivalry 2. But Chivalry is an amazing multiplayer game, one of the best in years for me and my friends. So I HOPE they dont waste that potential and make another bandwagon open world singleplayer game that lacks depth and quality and compensates that with “herp derp open world”. I hope Chivalry 2 will be just another amazing multiplayer game. Just with more polish, more features, more solid game and maybe even better graphics.

“bandwagon, waste of potential, lack of depth” ???..… What? Why would adding a singelplayer/coop be bandwagon? Why would it be waste of potential? Opposite! Lack of depth? what? The combat would remain the same! The npc’s rank would finally not be shown as their amount of health but instead their ability in combat. I can’t imagine more depth to a game.

Also ofcourse chivalry is a great multiplayer game. But singleplayer and coop is also fun so why choose? Why not have both?

• Open world would be a terrible idea. Like Crushed said, keep Chivalry a multiplayer game (I don’t even think they’re close to working on a new game). Competitive multiplayer games just have the most replayability.

• @slibbfalusken:

“bandwagon, waste of potential, lack of depth” ???..… What? Why would adding a singelplayer/coop be bandwagon? Why would it be waste of potential? Opposite! Lack of depth? what? The combat would remain the same! The npc’s rank would finally not be shown as their amount of health but instead their ability in combat. I can’t imagine more depth to a game.

Also ofcourse chivalry is a great multiplayer game. But singleplayer and coop is also fun so why choose? Why not have both?

Money and ability. TBS is an indie game developer. They lack the money and ability to make a competitive multiplayer game and an expansive open-world single player campaign all rolled into one package.

• What do you mean by next gen? PS5?

You can’t possibly be referring to current gen xbox 1, WiiU etcetc.

sorry, moving on. I don’t think they should really make an open world (either mutiplayer or single player) because:

-We have quite a few already (what was that new one someone said would be death of chivalry some time back?)
    -Open world does not mean bigger battles, more interesting story, better AI or graphics and certainly cannot help the combat.
    -Lastly, very little in Chivarly can be passed over to an open world game, the combat sure, but what else? How would fetch quests be made (and there will be fetch quests in a openworld most likely)

Lastly Lastly, what are you hoping for with “open world”. Skyrim? Elder scrolls online? Assassins creed? Please explain a bit more :)

• sounds like some youngin made this post.

• Chivalry is a great multiplayer game and I hope it stays that way.

• I don’t want Torn Banner to make a new game. I want Chivalry to get tons of good patches. That Kingdom Come game will satisfy your open world hunger.

• @Karasu:

Money and ability. TBS is an indie game developer. They lack the money and ability to make a competitive multiplayer game and an expansive open-world single player campaign all rolled into one package.

They made chivalry with like 85k and a team which was spread all around the world. Surely after more than a million sales and a bigger team with an office they would have money to do A LOT more.

• What I want from TB is: Fix the bugs, make some good balancing, add 1-2 new maps and then move on to Chivalry 2. Which is not a singleplayer open world game lawl
    And give me an alpha key thx

• @dragonmith:

What do you mean by next gen? PS5?

You can’t possibly be referring to current gen xbox 1, WiiU etcetc.

sorry, moving on. I don’t think they should really make an open world (either mutiplayer or single player) because:

-We have quite a few already (what was that new one someone said would be death of chivalry some time back?)
    -Open world does not mean bigger battles, more interesting story, better AI or graphics and certainly cannot help the combat.
    -Lastly, very little in Chivarly can be passed over to an open world game, the combat sure, but what else? How would fetch quests be made (and there will be fetch quests in a openworld most likely)

Lastly Lastly, what are you hoping for with “open world”. Skyrim? Elder scrolls online? Assassins creed? Please explain a bit more :)

Next gen as in unreal engine 4 and not 3.

We don’t have quite a few of what I’m asking for. Instead we have hundreds of open world games with HORRIBLE combat.

Open world was more like an example of singleplayer. (The one I find most suiting for a medieval game).

No but a new engine would certinately help with bigger battles, more interesting story, better AI or graphics

Except combat I would say setting story characters etc?

What I’m hoping for? Well a skyrim like game set in chivalry universe and combat. Throw in some mount and blade influences like sieges, diplomacy etc. Rpg-elements could be perks that decrease stamina loss, increase jump distance for the dodge etc.

• sounds like a pretty bad game

just wait for bannerlord

• @SOC:

I don’t want Torn Banner to make a new game. I want Chivalry to get tons of good patches. That Kingdom Come game will satisfy your open world hunger.

What if they made a new game with NO bugs from the start instead of trying to fix whatever cluster of code that has stopped them from doing so yet?

And no Kingdom come does not look like it will fill my “hunger”. The combat looks like it will be lock-on with “press A to parry, press B to counter attack”

• @CRUSHED:

sounds like a pretty bad game

just wait for bannerlord

Bannerlord looks good but it’s not first person which is sad. Also I’m not a huge fan of M&B combat. It’s ok but not at all as natural and immersive as chivs.

• @slibbfalusken:

They made chivalry with like 85k and a team which was spread all around the world. Surely after more than a million sales and a bigger team with an office they would have money to do A LOT more.

That’s why when they had a new studio with payed devs and they were at the same place physically, it all got better by a lot. (Don’t include the latest beta patch :P)

• @MarkedOne:

That’s why when they had a new studio with payed devs and they were at the same place physically, it all got better by a lot. (Don’t include the latest beta patch :P)

Ummm…wut? This most recent beta patch is possibly the best patch we’ve seen yet.