Punish "bad playing style"

• Yo, playing on public is f*cking horrible at the moment. Why? Cause everyone is going for the kills, no one gives a shit about their mates and most people don’t even bother with blocking. I’m not sure what happened exactly but I think this kind of behavior wasn’t the normal case half a year ago.
    TB you really need to do something about the team stun/flinch. It’s horrible, no one gives a shit about anyone. And if no one gets punished for a bad playing style nothing is going to change.

Cause it’s actually a problem for both sides. If I have to play against 5 people who swing their weapons at the same time cause they don’t care if they hit eachothers it’s bad and if I have to play with people who don’t give a shit about hitting me it’s bad as well. One other reason is probably cause everyone is going vanguard nowadays and most servers limit the archers (or even the MaA). But this is obviously a balancing problem.
    Actually I don’t even really care that much about public gaming but from time to time I want to play some TOs on pubs… and the game as it’s current state is just no fun (the game is also boring on scrims atm, but that’s another story). I think bringing back ctfp might help a bit. But in the end you need to find a way to punish bad playing style. And the spawn-time penalty is a bad feature cause it didn’t change anything but screwing up scrims.

• Now add in if you complain about high pings and start a vote, not only do they not vote out the high ping laggers, they call you the ping police and vote you out.

• Increase friendly fire to 100%, introduce friendly flinch and add “started unsuccessful votekicks” to the votekick information. Also add an option to limit spawns for each team (TDM style) in TO.

Regarding the behavior: There are many players who can’t handle not being the center of their gameplay world. People slashing around and charging into fights like mad but when they get killed once by accident its personal!

How to make it better? Just don’t be an idiot yourself. Thats one less at least (more if it stops others from entering idiot mode).

• @Evil:

Increase friendly fire to 100%, introduce friendly flinch and add “started unsuccessful votekicks” to the votekick information. Also add an option to limit spawns for each team (TDM style) in TO.

This kills the pub.

From my experience, even with these add ons people wouldn’t learn. Go to any pub TO where its 100% FF and just see all the rage in chat. It might honestly be good for LTS game modes, but TO being the most popular I don’t think it would work.

• @DokB:

This kills the pub.

I really enjoy on those official 100%FF 1st person servers - which are pubs by every definition. I would even like it if there was a mixed server of this kind (right now its only TO).

Also having no friendly flinch hurts your enemy much more than it benefits your team. You can end up completely flinchlocked by a bunch “spam slash be happy” Vanguards and in this regard it really favors careless gameplay over “look first slash second”. Similar for killing your enemy right through your teammate because you deal only half damage to him.

Of course there will always be careless people - but thats no reason to give careless playstyles an advantage.

“Meet at king and slash around” should not be a viable strategy to win Stoneshill/Citadel.

• @Retsnom:

Now add in if you complain about high pings and start a vote, not only do they not vote out the high ping laggers, they call you the ping police and vote you out.

They don’t have ping kicks?

They implemented them now and they do work.

• They should just make a tutorial video saying. “Don’t hit your fucking teammates.”

• @DokB:

This kills the pub.

From my experience, even with these add ons people wouldn’t learn. Go to any pub TO where its 100% FF and just see all the rage in chat. It might honestly be good for LTS game modes, but TO being the most popular I don’t think it would work.

It’s true on all levels and modes of the game though haha, we have 100% friendly fire on our server and get complaints from some of the other clans when they scrim on it because they can’t control their swings.

Honestly though, 100% FF servers down here are nasty, even as a knight I barely make it into a fight with a shred of health thanks to the ridiculous amount of vanguards charging away and swinging through me to poach kills, not to mention their pyromaniac MaA mates (combined they make up about 3/4 or more of the total team composition on any server now). If something could be done to prevent shit like this from occurring it would be a miracle, but I really can’t see it happening.

• @Retsnom:

Now add in if you complain about high pings and start a vote, not only do they not vote out the high ping laggers, they call you the ping police and vote you out.

OMG YES RETS BABY HOLD ME

• @Flippy:

They should just make a tutorial video saying. “Don’t hit your fucking teammates.”

Or a video how not to be a self absorbed dickhead by joining a server with a ping of 100 or higher just because it is populated or a uber super asshat with a ping of 200 or greater.

• Yeah, MAA’s are really starting to appear on-mass now that and vanguards with Greatswords. The only good thing about team damage and swing happy team mates is that it keeps the MAA’s in check. If I play as MAA and fight near my team mates, I’m very likely to die or get seriously hurt from team swings. Sometimes it gets so bad that you have to go Knight in order to absorb team damage. Or don’t fight near your team, which kind of negates the point of TO.

• gotta love the ones that run in, hit you and nothing else still missing the enemy yet continue to combo through you and make no attempt to move the swings away.

Should make LMB combo’s harder, instead of just spam lmb,
    do LMB, Alt+LMB, LMB

RID THE LMB SPAM!

This is why i kind of like the idea of picking your attack, you can make any overhead poke or slash comboable in the alternate form, but force triple slash combo to be selecting the lmb, alt lmb, lmb combination to rid wide arc slash spam.

• If we all could just lmb fork together, that’d be great.
    But yeah I agree with afi, it’s sstarting to get really annoying to play pubs. Ever since december and all the sales during that month I’ve not been able to lay back and if I want to win as the attacking team I’ve had to try to carry it myself and it’s pissing me off. People fighting halfway instead of going for the objective, 5 guys chasing 1 MAA in some other direction, probably getting off at least 1 tk and a shitload of teamdamage as well, rank 40+ lmb spamming like crazy so you can’t stay close to them. 9/12 people being archers with snipers aint really helping when you’re on the offensive side either, especially not when they manage to hit you more often than they hit the enemies, even worse, they just sit in one place of the map and think they can get kills/do something useful there.

• @Xylvion:

rank 40+ lmb spamming like crazy so you can’t stay close to them

But… But I love my messer and falchion LMB spam. :disturbed:

These days I try to actively avoid my teammates unless I know and/or trust them. Most of the time when I’m not avoiding them and try to assist, say, friendly archer who is getting slaughtered, some “friendly” vanguard charges into clump of 2 friendlies and 1 dead or almost dead enemy and we all die. That’s not fun.

Most pub archers are horrible too. I always rage when I see archers trying to be snipers in spawn. This is especially bad in hillside, I always see at least one archer in Agatha spawn trying to be super sniper legolas with warbow. Hell, I even saw someone camping at pyre in phase 2 trying to snipe people from the low path. And every time I try to tell them to actually get closer so that they might hit something, I get no reaction.

And the worst thing is, if I go solo I don’t stand a chance against mob of LMB dudes and dudetted. If I actually try to stick with my team, I get slaughtered by my own mob of LMB dudes and dudettes.

I don’t know what to do. Lately I have been joining in TO games via my friends list because that’s the only way I know my time in TO servers will not be completely miserable.

Or I just go :pirate:-mode with MAA and spam oil pots until someone gets annoyed and comes to duel me.

• Also the hittrading is horrible imo. You pretty much don’t get punished for getting hit

• @afiNity:

Yo, playing on public is f*cking horrible at the moment. Why? Cause everyone is going for the kills, no one gives a shit about their mates and most people don’t even bother with blocking.

That’s what I complain about it nearly any TO match…
    Times were good when I was playing in a clan. Clan wars were much cooler than pub games… But I don’t play regulary enough anymore.

• @Peter:

But I don’t play regulary enough anymore.

Filthy casual peasant. Dirty pleb scum.