Please help! Game-breaking Sound bug

• Hi.
    Ever since the latest patches (after patch 3), the sound has been totally messed up for me. There is NO variation in sound effects- they just keep on repeating over and over.

For instance, If I do a battle cry twice, the exact same thing gets yelled twice. If I do 2 stabs, the exact same stab sound effect plays over and over.

The sound effects are completely stuck on the same sounds.

I tried everything to fix this including deleting and redownloading the game, to no avail. And nobody else seems to be experiencing this bug in the game.
    I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but every time I verify the game cache in Steam, I constantly get the message “4 files failed to validate and will be reacquired”.
    I also noticed the latest patch notes had changes with regards to sound: “Reduce sound memory used…” and "new “MaxSoundNodeRandomChildren”

Right now, I can’t stand playing the game in it’s current state! It’s just way too annoying hearing the same sounds over and over.
    Please help!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRdKgyr418

Surprisingly this isn’t a bug. But a great example of what torn banner must talk about in their meetings and their conclusions. For some reason they decided to make everyone have 1 sound play. They think everyone has toasters and the sound lags the game.

Torn banner are brilliant a aren’t they.

• @lemonater47:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRdKgyr418

Surprisingly this isn’t a bug. But a great example of what torn banner must talk about in their meetings and their conclusions. For some reason they decided to make everyone have 1 sound play. They think everyone has toasters and the sound lags the game.

They intentionally broke their own game.
    You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Anyway, fixed now, thanks a lot!

• Thanks, that fixed it.
    I haven’t a clue what the reasoning was there…

• THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

Any possibility they fix that? Maybe make it a slider option?

• Seriously, though. Let me say that this is the lamest “fix” of a problem in history. I almost want my money back if they don’t fix this CORRECTLY. I mean, this utterly takes away all the zany fun of the game for me.

• @superconductive:

Thanks, that fixed it.
    I haven’t a clue what the reasoning was there…

The problem is this doesn’t fix everyone else, which means the atmosphere is still ruined.

• @lemonater47:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRdKgyr418

This only happened to people with low-spec machines to save memory and prevent crashes. Most of the people I know didn’t have this happen to them, just a few who have potatoes.