Knight Sword

• This is really just a complaint of 1handing the knight sword. Thought I’d pickup and play knight…I hit 1 and apparently I could wield my 2handed sword one handed, AND it’s faster…who thought of that mechanic? If the knights needs a faster more pokey option make him half sword the sword. The 1handing of a 2handed sword doesn’t make any logical sense. This is more or less an animation complaint seeing as how half-swording would function about the same (although look cooler and make more sense).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_9ZhpzX-4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1h_fVutw4

^ Those explain how to grip the sword. Note: 1handing it is only used if you’re in a grapple with your opponent or trying to get a bit more reach on a lunge, although it leaves you exposed.

• Deadliest Warrior is not a realistic game or simulation. Ability to wield Sword of War in one hand is simply because they already have one handed animations for knight and it’s neat to have one handed slashing weapon.

It would also be cool if knights were immune to slashing but since this is a videogame, realism has no place in here. Especially since this is Deadliest Warrior branded and DW is as far from realistic as possible.

• Has this idiot played medieval warfare? You can do it there too.

• lol what? dude they fucking wielded two handers in one hand before u just have to be stronk

• its one of the best things in the game, and adds more depth to combat.
    id hate to see this get nerfed in either version of the game.

• @Kreittis:

Deadliest Warrior is not a realistic game or simulation. Ability to wield Sword of War in one hand is simply because they already have one handed animations for knight and it’s neat to have one handed slashing weapon.

It would also be cool if knights were immune to slashing but since this is a videogame, realism has no place in here. Especially since this is Deadliest Warrior branded and DW is as far from realistic as possible.

Lots of 1 handed slashing weapons already, also videogames have lots of room for realism. I will agree though this game… maybe not. It was just an idea.

• @WARSAW:

its one of the best things in the game, and adds more depth to combat.
    id hate to see this get nerfed in either version of the game.

Did you read this? I wasn’t trying to nerf it at all. It would be the same thing with different animations.

• @lemonater47:

Has this idiot played medieval warfare? You can do it there too.

I’ve played 700 hours of MW and I’m well aware. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Also, just because it’s in MW doesn’t mean it should be in DW. I would actually argue that because it’s in MW it shouldn’t be in DW.

• Thy were designed to be use in one or two hands.

• @lemonater47:

Thy were designed to be use in one or two hands.

Thy are quite chivalrous.

• Or I possibly missed the “E” key while typing. And the “D” key later on.

• @lemonater47:

Or I possibly missed the “E” key while typing. And the “D” key later on.

Impossible. Do not deny your identity.

• @lemonater47:

Thy were designed to be use in one or two hands.

Watch the videos naive. (or however you spell it)

• my pp was to be use in 2 hands

• Well it is a bastard sword type weapon, It’s supposed to be good for both one-handed or two-handed use.

• @gamerdude535:

Well it is a bastard sword type weapon, It’s supposed to be good for both one-handed or two-handed use.

Exactly, Longsword, SoW and Messer are not 2 handed swords, they are bastard swords that can be holded with one or two hands. It makes sense.
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bastard_sword