1 hander overheads are faster with shields

• Like the title says, when you equip a 1 hander with a shield the overheads are much faster. This is very exploitable

Try it out for yourself.

• Yes, one of the old threads on the forum has a tracer video to prove it, if I can find it, I’ll link to it. It is incredibly irritating. I’ve never known if the shortened windup, shortened release was intended for shielded weapons or not.

• I always thought this was intended because shields cannot riposte.

• @Coaster_Man:

I always thought this was intended because shields cannot riposte.

That’s sort of what I figured, but it kind of breaks some of them.

• One-hander without shield or with has the exact same Release and Windup phase, but the animation are different so that the Shield-attack animation will make you hit sooner in release., but the timings are exactly the same. but then again, shield stab animation is kinda too centered, so it can’t ‘drag-stab’ as good as without shield, guess we should complain about that too.

The difference isn’t that big, but I believe it goes like this: Faster to Slower ->
    Buckler attack animation, Heater, Kite and Tower shield attack animation and then the regular attack animation without a shield, with the new overhead they added a couple of patches ago that made the overhead slightly delayed and more vertical than a curve of horiztonally.

• @wildwulfy:

One-hander without shield or with has the exact same Release and Windup phase, but the animation are different so that the Shield-attack animation will make you hit sooner in release., but the timings are exactly the same. but then again, shield stab animation is kinda too centered, so it can’t ‘drag-stab’ as good as without shield, guess we should complain about that too.

The difference isn’t that big, but I believe it goes like this: Faster to Slower ->
    Buckler attack animation, Heater, Kite and Tower shield attack animation and then the regular attack animation without a shield, with the new overhead they added a couple of patches ago that made the overhead slightly delayed and more vertical than a curve of horiztonally.

Ahh all right, that clears some things up. They feel like they have shorter windups/releases, but I can definitely see it being an animation difference.

• For example, you could do an example where you would make a Longsword 1H and Longsword 2h with the exact same windup, exact same release. but because of the animation and swing trace, either one of them will hit first. (I actually don’t know which one, probably 2H, depending on the attack tho.)

And yeah, animations are different cause TB never updated the shield with the new 1shsharp animation, and buckler has just remained with the ‘old’ animation I believe.

• The numbers are the same but its still sped up. Its a bug.