Seems as though attack animations are slightly off sync.

• Attacks seem to be coming out earlier than they used to, screwing up parry timings and my overall ability to deal with feints, because I have to block earlier.

• Seem okay for me. Not to shitpost or anything, thats just my own sense. However, i do know that awful feeling when something seems off and you bloody know it is because you’ve sunk hours into learning the game: and its always insidious because nothing in the patch notes mentions it.

I kid you not - the patch before this one, i swear to god that movement speed increased, someone said it might be to do with the ‘optimizations’ making visual feedback change a little or something. Suddenly, one hour i went from a very precise grand mace dropper to… patch… then missing half my attacks to ‘excellent footwork’ from level 10s and I was terrible, and i basically spent 3 weeks relearning my timings.

Call me crazy, but every time a patch gets released (although this one is great), something goes a little strange.

• I’ve noticed this particularly with great swords and the flanged mace: it definitely seems to be hitting me a little sooner than usual. Something always feels off after each patch so let’s give it a few days.

• There are a lot of re-occuring bugs in this patch though, go check the bug forums out… I’ve posted like 5 or 6 threads.

• i was saying this today, and other people i guess aren’t noticing. I had some say yes and some say no and it’s definitely with certain weapons. I think maybe heavy drags may be messing up the animations, i noticed the most with the messer actually. It seems like I’m missing frames of the animation, and looks really choppy at times.

• I notice it a lot but a lot of people deny it because you really have to dump hundreds of hours into this game to be able to notice it. But it definitely does become an issue where it messes you up.

• It’s possible that you guys are perceiving this stuttering and lag simply because of lower frame rates. Every patch the Engine.ini file is reset to default, so if you changed your .ini to support 120 fps, you’ll only be getting 62 fps if you don’t re-edit the file.

• To be fair, I just got killed by someone completely desyncing with the pole hammer LMBing, he had no animations but I could hear the grunt and got hit like 3 times from him staring at me.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i was saying this today, and other people i guess aren’t noticing. I had some say yes and some say no and it’s definitely with certain weapons. I think maybe heavy drags may be messing up the animations, i noticed the most with the messer actually. It seems like I’m missing frames of the animation, and looks really choppy at times.

This

10chars

• Happened to me once and the guy had a flail. He hit me once and his combo didn’t animate and as I wound up my head imploded.

• Yup since the patch people doing overheads, particularly riposte are hitting before their windup finishes on my screen. Frankly getting pretty sick of it. Almost over chiv.

• I mean, it was great when the fights looked good. Now with so many people doing overhead lookdowns and just generally abusing the shit out of quick release hits, it’s just starting to look really stupid and gamey. It’s easy enough to defend against, providing it doesn’t bug out on you and you see the release at least, or you just guess and parry. Seriously though, this whole not fixing handle hits and insta-hit-on-release shit is bringing this game to it’s knees and executing it.

• i havent had trouble parrying tbh, seems fine to me

• Noticed the timing issue myself but im not sure if its a general animation issue.

• I don’t think it is the patch, more so just more and more people are doing it and its getting more and more breaking of immersion and fun.

Pitty Titanfall has no Australia Servers for 6-12 months. Seriously it doesn’t.

• Did not really experience it myself, at least not to a significant amount - a few times I thought it might be that way but it could also be a timing error from my side.

I have seen plenty of other players complaining about it - might be placebo though. Also people love to complain.

• Huh. I thought maybe it was my ping.

• nah flippy i definitely stat fps and i’m getting 120 frames. And no i don’t do placebo, i’ve but enough hours into this game to where if something looks strange or off, it’s off.

Like i said it’s only really with certain weapons… so i’m not saying ALL swings and weapons are messed up, it seems to happen when folks are dragging it breaks the animation and skips frames. Best way i can describe it is like watching a flip book.

There have been weapons that do this for a while, like say greatsword and polearms and such, it’s just gotten worse.

A lot of this stuff IS server related somehow, for example we found out that the flinch during release doesn’t happen on our server. We tried to get someone to flinch and release with 2 people poking at the windup for a while and nothing. Go into a pub and get a TON of flinch during release within the first 5 min of playing. A lot of this stuff has to be somehow server related or latency related.

• Probably the same for all weapons desyncs. Highly doubt its only a few weapons. Probably the reason why you say it happens with Greatswords and polearms is because everyone uses them. I don’t see it often. Hardly ever happens. I saw it once today and that was the first time in ages. And it was the heavy flail of all things.

Its happened with fists. You play enough tavern you see it happen.

• @Flippy:

It’s possible that you guys are perceiving this stuttering and lag simply because of lower frame rates. Every patch the Engine.ini file is reset to default, so if you changed your .ini to support 120 fps, you’ll only be getting 62 fps if you don’t re-edit the file.

Very possible, I have to figure out which method allowed me to alter it every other patch… back to 144 baby. :D