Dear Torn Banner

• … So I usually take every opportunity I can to level extremely scathing criticism at you. I’ll only ever do that if its justified, though sometimes my criticism goes over the top. Maybe you can call it love/hate, because I have such high standards for my favourite game of all time.

So heres me sitting there, wondering why I haven’t spent an equal amount of effort in lavishing praise on you for the recent patch: though thats pretty much because i’ve been playing the game! A good sign, to be sure. ;).

So here goes…
    _
    Great work, to all the TB team. The game is possibly in the best shape its ever been in, and considering there is still certain room for improvement in many areas, this is excellent news indeed for all._

Not only has the game been somewhat ‘reverted’ to its former glory, but Parry into Parry seems an excellent mechanic, which has even improved on that.

Nothing beats that feeling when you see two windups incoming, both within range - and you quickly note which attack will land first… catching it successfully with a parry and immediately catching the second blow too. A great boon for the gameplay.

Having played the game so long with the cursed panic parry - it feels an absolute dream to be able to play in the old way: nothing beats the feeling of teasing a “whiff” from a good player by mere millimetres, then hammering in with an overhead during their recovery and landing a hit rather than yet another clang.

I personally only use CftP on occasion, but it is also wonderful to have that option available to me once more.

Im having a great time playing the game again, and given that my faith in you has been restored: I know that the game will be even better in the coming months - as little balance issues (vanguard, cough) are ironed out: alongside unanimous community opinions on things like bubble reductions.

But lets not talk about that here. This thread is for praise. The future suddenly looks very, very bright for chiv.

ALTHOUGH, BEFORE YOU GET TOO COMFY, IVE STILL NOT FORGIVEN YOU FOR WASTING ALL THAT TIME AND EFFORT ON DW WHEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN SPENT ON TEAM OBJECTIVE MAPS N PROPER EXPANSION FOR MW YOU TOTAL FUCKERS. ILL KILL YOU ALL. PULL ANY SHIT LIKE THAT AGAIN AND ILL FLY TO CANADA JUST SO I CAN SET FIRE TO A HUGE RAGE-POO AND PUSH IT THROUGH THE MAILBOX OF YOUR STUDIO. In other news, I’ve almost finished my degree, can you believe that?!

All this stuff could have happened sooner, so much sooner - but the ball is rolling on the game going in a great direction now, so…

<3 U TB. 9/10.

and sorry i called you an ‘odious little toad’ tibbs. I didn’t mean it :<

• Torn Banner laughs at you while swimming in their pool full of gold coins

• @CRUSHED:

Torn Banner laughs at you while swimming in their pool full of gold coins

Money castle.

• Their studio has a floor made out of diamond, doors out of gold and computers out of finest dwarf steel

• And every morning Tibberius is confronted with the same question, will he take the Ferrari or the Lamborghini today?

• @CRUSHED:

And every morning Tibberius is confronted with the same question, will he take the Ferrari or the Lamborghini today?

Why drive when you can take the private jet?

• lel

/10chars

• I don’t necessarily agree that the game itself is in the best state it’s ever been in, but I will say that TBS is definitely in the best state I’ve seen since release. And that I think that makes me more happy than actually playing Chivalry. :)

• What if he takes a Ferrari IN the jet and then driving it off the plane when it’s landing? Also, great work TBS, make sure you continue it.

• Indeed. At least they finally seem to be going in the right direction… after one of the most mind-bending detours I have ever seen.

Crom is pleased.

• He drives the Ferrari into the jet, and a McLaren P1 out of it.

• Good post. I think the negative feedback is too drastic (people tend to focus on negative emotions instead of being grateful from time to time). Thanks for listening to us tornbanner. And do both of us a favor and create a fine mappack so i can throw money at you (seriously i want new TO maps so badly :( )

• Car? Airplane? Why can’t we have both?

And as for maps - yeah, TB should add some, because there’s too few of them in Chivalry!

• Man, is the first time before CS 1.5 that I play a game for more the 600h. This is an awesome game, it was a revelation for me when I first played it!

TB, you guys did a great job. Thanks for that!