Buckler

• Is it possible to raise a buckler after flinch before the combo hits you?

So many times I get flinched and I wait until the last second before the combo hits me.

And nope shield will not raise in time before the combo lops my head off.

• Yes. Shield & Parries work like the same, both are the only move you can use during flinch state, but for some reason when you perform a parry during flinch, your flinch state is removed but this is of course countered with the parry recovery which lasts for 0.5, and with active parry window of 0.4 it’ll be a total time of 0.9 to do a complete parry so there would be no means to use the parry that removes flinch state to get out of flinch early. Though when it comes to shield, they have a block recovery/lowering shield that ranges between 0.2 and 0.35 so by that you could tap the shield once after being struck to cancel your flinch, and with a fast weapon you should be able to flinch your opponent, that also depends on their weapon, though IF your weapon are slower, you might just get a trade which can be useful.

This is a abusive glitch I reported ages ago, but we see TB is too busy to fix it, fuck.

• You have got a flinch state that lasts for 0.8 seconds if you were struck by a one-hander. 1.0 if the weapon was a two-hander.
    Shield has no limited raise nor active/hold time, only restriction is when it comes to lowering the shield back to idle.
    A simply fix would be if flinch window remains during parries, but probably the issue there is. What if you parry during flinch? can you counter-attack then?
    Least this one is probably going to be hard for Torn Banner to solve I believe.

• I thought that was only when reloading with javelins. It starts the whole reload again.

• there are several bugs related to flinch, other then it being the biggest bug in the whole game seeing as its linked to every dam aspect of the combat.

1-you get flinched while drawing and arrow you cant jump till you get out 2ndary.
    2-get flinched while drawing and arrow and zoomed in your view stays zoomed in even though you aren’t drawing an arrow any more, equipping 2ndary also fixes this.
    3- what lemon said

just to name a few

combat problems are easy to fix, lower thelong flinch times and combat gets way better instantly, as its tied to every aspect of combat.

soon as we find where its located im going to prove this theory correct!

any one know where the files are to edit flinch?
    trying to mod that to be lower but cant find them yet.

also on another note it would be awesome to have the messer and the buckler together, imagine shield bash to the face buckler style then swing messer 1handed, truly epic.

• i know what you’re talking about greg, i was complaining about this yesterday. I think what happens is, IF you get hit in throw recovery of a jav, you can’t get your shield fast enough for the actual combo.

The buckler is shit in general, i have stabs and shit go right through blocks, slashes seem to get around it with ease as well, and going against something like a sword of war… good fucking luck.

then again, flinch times on even parries are silly with certain weapons so what ya gonna do?

• @50ShadesofClay:

i know what you’re talking about greg, i was complaining about this yesterday. I think what happens is, IF you get hit in throw recovery of a jav, you can’t get your shield fast enough for the actual combo.

The buckler is shit in general, i have stabs and shit go right through blocks, slashes seem to get around it with ease as well, and going against something like a sword of war… good fucking luck.

then again, flinch times on even parries are silly with certain weapons so what ya gonna do?

Oh is that what it is hmm I’ll have to test it out. Yeah the size of the shield is still too big for what it actually does. I would love a tiny buckler model.

• it’s like the same crap with daggars and such, like if you miss a parry on a daggar and they’re comboing the daggar, you’ll most likely get hit 2 times if you miss 1 parry because you’re either still in parry recovery, or the flinch lasts too long and allows really fast weapons like daggars to combo you before you recover. Of course if it’s an archer with a daggar, you’re also probably in for some back damage which means that one missed parry is costing you. really bad situation for maa daggars as well.

but yeah i think that’s an issue with the buckler, at least for jav users because i’ve been playing with the javs a lot more recently and it’s pretty annoying. most of my deaths are either buckler shield fail, or probably charge attacks.