Chivalry: Medieval Warfare CU 2 Patch 4 Hotfix 1

• NB: Server operators: You need to add any custom maps you want to use to your maplist; users won’t be able to vote to or adminchangemap to maps that aren’t in their maplist. This is a temporary issue that will be resolved in the next patch.

Changes

• Potential protection against spawning “ghosts” when players are undergoing seamless transition between Workshop maps
    • Fix loading screen jamming up on the screen when timing out between Workshop map transitions
    • Fix customization not working from frontend
    • Add changelist number to main menu
    • Fix issues where users would all be found to be “beginners” and all get the beginner servers at the top of their browser
    • Fixed sublevel issues causing duplicate meshes in FFA-Moor
    • Because we still don’t have maxsoundnodechildren exposed in GUI: ease GPU memory requirements even more, CPU slightly (3GB users get thrown into bucket 2 instead of bucket 1)
    • Fix crash when trying to extract an empty .cmwsdk file
    • New error message in the WorkshopUploadTool if missing a GUID

Servers

• Start the server with, e.g.

• -sdkfileid=202422398(add as many as you need); when the server starts, it will auto-download the files specified
    • All .cmwsdk files, whether specified with that command line switch or not, are checked for updates (and updated if necessary) when starting the server

• Server valid file verification improved, should automatically delete and bypass invalid .cmwsdk files

Maps

• Battlegrounds

• Smoothed the Hill by Mason Spawn.
      • Improved Market Collision
      • Fixed Collision by Catapult Bridge.
      • Fixed collision near mason spawn ballista.
    • Citadel

• Fixed collision errors by ramp in front of upper level cages
    • Moor

• Fixed duplicate meshes in the persistant level on FFA variant
    • Stoneshill

• Fixed an exploit in the barracks allowing players to leave the play space
    • Tavern

• Fixed trigger volumes colliding with fists

• Yay :)

I am really happy with this recent patch and can’t wait for next round of fine tuning…

• Hot. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

• RIP Stoneshill fun

Good patch

• Thx TB, it’s good to see you working so effectively.

Now some balancing, pretty please. Archers need to put in their place already.

• Thank you so much for the server auto-downloading!

• Niceeeeeeeeee

• Great hotfix,

Priorities in my opinion

1. Exploits/bugs addressed in the bug forum
    2. Remove Bubble
    3. Reduce the 2 hand weapon flinch time back so that combo feints can be punished accordingly again.
    4. Remove/reduce vanguard knock back
    5. Fix All weapon tracers so that they do not handle hit. Instant attacks are lame and do not animate correctly. I can give you a list of weapons that need to be addressed.
    6. Rework vanguard charge so its consistent with all weapons. OR just make the charge attack slow again like it used to be for a greater risk/reward.
    7. increase great sword overhead from .5 to .55

Forgot to mention- Fix the god damn chase mechanic. IM tired of it being so inconsistent when im chasing vanguards and maa.

• This patch broke custom maps

Freshly uploaded maps after the patch cant be changed ingame to ( says map doesnt exist or is disabled)

custom maps that were uploaded prepatch work

multiple reports from simrai on this, fix dis nao!

• @CRUSHED:

This patch broke custom maps

Freshly uploaded maps after the patch cant be changed ingame to ( says map doesnt exist or is disabled)

I have a same problem on my server no custom maps can be changed ingame.In my case even prepatched maps doesnt work.

• Yeah im hoping for a hotfix on the custom map issue right now.

• @CRUSHED:

This patch broke custom maps

***For those having issues with their custom maps on servers.

Until we release the next patch addressing the issue, a work around would be to include the custom maps to your maplist. Apologies.

• @ŠïN:

Great hotfix,

Priorities in my opinion

1. Exploits/bugs addressed in the bug forum
    2. Remove Bubble
    3. Reduce the 2 hand weapon flinch time back so that combo feints can be punished accordingly again.
    4. Remove/reduce vanguard knock back
    5. Fix All weapon tracers so that they do not handle hit. Instant attacks are lame and do not animate correctly. I can give you a list of weapons that need to be addressed.
    6. Rework vanguard charge so its consistent with all weapons. OR just make the charge attack slow again like it used to be for a greater risk/reward.
    7. increase great sword overhead from .5 to .55

Forgot to mention- Fix the god damn chase mechanic. IM tired of it being so inconsistent when im chasing vanguards and maa.

The last two are super important. The Greatsword is not balanced at the moment. It does everything well and its lookdown overheads will save you in too many situations.

And the last one, please, please, please fix the chase mechanic. It is a (k)nightmare trying to catch MAA and Archers, to the point where I’m not even sure Knight chase mechanic works.

• Many players say they had to delete CookedSDK manually to join custom maps.
    I think the Chivalry client should handle this problem automatically.

• Developer

@KAZUMiX:

Many players say they had to delete CookedSDK manually to join custom maps.
    I think the Chivalry client should handle this problem automatically.

Do you have any more information about this? E.g. what happened when those players tried and failed to join servers?

• Developer

You’ll see an ~ 1.4 MB patch. This only affects modders: it’s just an update of the script source files, after Nabster pointed out that they were out-of-date. Fixed the issue, that shouldn’t happen again.

• So basically custom map autodownloads should work now?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Do you have any more information about this? E.g. what happened when those players tried and failed to join servers?

My own server hosted by me. (Kishido Server in Japan)
    For example, that problem occurs with the following map.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208277394

• This update broke custom maps for my server completely

everytime i download the compressed file archive from the workshop and start the server after, the server deletes it and thus i cant use the custom map

• Can we get a fix for the voices? The repetition is a nuisance lol