1v1 Tournament by MedievalTV this weekend

• UPDATE

First matches have been played and we continue with more tomorrow.

We will be starting 10/14/2012 @ UTC 11 / 5.00 US Central time…
    But we will start slowly with low stage games when European players have arrived. We wont start super interesting games before Americans have woken up too =)

Hello,

We are going to host 1v1 Tournament for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare this weekend to test how we can arrange such a tournament before the official release. More info and schedule coming soon!

INFO - All information about tournament can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vB8HyHhuNLYu_6Uo7xNbvbZEQOLtywCjdbcQrNcYZRc/edit

http://medievaltv.challonge.com/

Stream will be up @
    http://www.twitch.tv/medievaltv

Winner gets all the glory!

Thanks for Tornbanner Studios for helping out with server and things!

• I will be updating the tournament document many times a day, until the tournament is finished. So please check it out once in a while thx :P

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vB8HyHhuNLYu_6Uo7xNbvbZEQOLtywCjdbcQrNcYZRc/edit

• Any idea in which region the server will be?

• Email tornbannerstudios@gmail.com and we’ll forward you to the appropriate contact :)

• Not yet, I will find that out tomorrow, and inform when I know =)

EDIT Will do that, altho I was already in some form of contact with Rasmus

• How exactly will we be able to play, I don’t have a beta key but I am going to buy this game, do I get a beta key for pre-purchasing? Thanks.

• @SHOT(by)GUN:

Not yet, I will find that out tomorrow, and inform when I know =)

EDIT Will do that, altho I was already in some form of contact with Rasmus

Ah, if tha’ts the case then that’s fine :)

• Come on people.

• @Tree0ctopus:

do I get a beta key for pre-purchasing? Thanks.

No I don’t think so. There was instant action purchase option before, where you could get beta access but I can’t find it anymore.

@Tree0ctopus:

How exactly will we be able to play, I don’t have a beta key but I am going to buy this game.

Hi, this weekends tournament is for the current beta players. But we are planning that we will make bigger tournament after 2 weeks 27th day. When all the people who has bought the game will be able to join =)

So I expect you might wanna join that tournament then ;)

• How many rounds?

• I’m in. Cool initiative!

• @DarkFox:

How many rounds?

Default LTS has 7 wins to victory…

So its 7 to 13 rounds, per one battle.

• I want to try, but havent beta key(

• AW I WAS LATE :(

• Don’t you think it is a bit premature to run something like this in Beta? I mean come on, most of the people are still learning player classes, maps and the subtleties of the game. Gee let me predict the winners…. Alpha players that have been playing for months…

• @Retsnom:

Don’t you think it is a bit premature to run something like this in Beta? I mean come on, most of the people are still learning player classes, maps and the subtleties of the game. Gee let me predict the winners…. Alpha players that have been playing for months…

Yeah well this is mostly for fun and testing how we and players can manage to make something like this possible. So we are quite ready to arrange the real tournaments after the game release. Nothing so serious here at the moment.

• hey its me Legion, if ANYONE doesn’t show up invite me to fill in I want to be in so bad but I missed signups!

• @Retsnom:

Don’t you think it is a bit premature to run something like this in Beta? I mean come on, most of the people are still learning player classes, maps and the subtleties of the game. Gee let me predict the winners…. Alpha players that have been playing for months…

I don’t think it was premature, lots of games run tournaments in beta now. But, more notice would have been nice, I would have liked to get in this. There will be plenty more I’m sure though.

• Yes Retsnom, you are right. But we didn’t mean it to be too serious tournament. It is basically a show match. But there has not been any yet, so we wanted to try it out. IF we wanted to test out tournament arranging and livestreaming first time after the release… there would be 100x more work it to make happen. So its final time to try before the release with decent effort.

Thoughts of the first day:
    Yes I know I was bit too tired to cast and we started this tournament on very very short notice. So we made this whole thing up in 1.5 days… So I would think that so far this is not looking too bad.

Tomorrow will go much smoother and there will be so much more intense games. Hopefully I will be more awake :D We are going to add some background music for tomorrows games to add more tension!

Anyway we will be starting 10/14/2012 @ UTC 11 / 5.00 US Central time…
    But we will start slowly with low stage games when European players have arrived. We wont start super interesting games before Americans have woken up too =)

We will be announcing times for when the bigger matches will start tomorrow when we know the schedule better and when there are players reporting in!

I JUST CANT WAIT for the FINALS :P :o

• @Retsnom:

I don’t think you realize the amount of fucking around and not actually playing the game seriously we did in the Alpha :P

I’ve already seen plenty of non-alpha players who can kick my ass.