Battlegrounds Low Frame Rate Without Reason

• From mason spawn you can see the entire map so the game is probably trying to render all of it.

• Yeah I know. UE3 stat unit says the GPU is the bottleneck, but it’s lying because the GPU usage is only at 70%. If the GPU usage was at 100% it wouldn’t be a problem. There is something very wrong with this part of the game.
    THE FRAME RATE IS LOW FOR NO PERCEIVABLE REASON!

• The fps has always been shit on Battlegrounds looking from the mason spawn.

• The problem is that it’s low not because anyone’s hardware isn’t up to snuff, but because there are some MAJOR issues going on with that part of the map.
    I’ve recently switched from an AMD 7850 to a GTX 770, and it has the same issues! So it’s not brand specific. In testing with the GTX 770 and my other desktop I’ve noticed a pattern.
    Whenever you look down from Mason spawn your GPU usage will always drop down and so does your FPS.

• Mod

I feel like bumping this as well. This map and citadel are terribly optimized and I’m worried they’re going to blow my computer up from working it too hard.

• Bump, stuff like this needs to be fixed.

• Its funny, Battlegrounds I don’t really have too many issues with. But Frigid comes on and my framerate tanks completely.

Makes zero sense :confused:

• @gref:

Yeah I know. UE3 stat unit says the GPU is the bottleneck, but it’s lying because the GPU usage is only at 70%. If the GPU usage was at 100% it wouldn’t be a problem. There is something very wrong with this part of the game.
    THE FRAME RATE IS LOW FOR NO PERCEIVABLE REASON!

Bear in mind that draw calls that are particularly heavy in specific areas could conceivably prevent the GPU from being utilized 100%. In other words, the GPU is bottlenecking itself (whether by poor software implementation or some other issue like memory bandwidth, etc etc).

• I am not an expert but I think that it’s HW demanding because it’s “open area” map

and am glad for it it has nice atmosphere (if they would make closed coridors everywhere just for optimization it would have lost its charm)

I like this map and tbh 40 FPS is super (even green colour from TBS indicate this ;) )

also 25-30 is still “playable”

if you want 60 FPS set lowest graphic details settings (don’t take it as offense everything I mean in good meaning, it’s just my personal opinion : ) )

• @dudeface:

poor software implementation

nuff’ said

• Iirc the Detail level setting (in Video) has something to do with the post processing and particles on the map (don’t know the technical term) like weather effects. Doesn’t it snow in Frigid? And Battleground has all those particles and the catapults going off map.
    Maybe set it to Medium or Low.

Nevertheless, the fps drop when looking from Mason spawn is pretty noticeable in the 2nd objective. It’s sad because Battlegrounds and Citadel are great TO maps and they could do with some optimization.