Archers

• @Triumphant:

someone should stick a poll for something like this on the forums: because thats pretty much the best way to judge community feelings

Allright - lets do this. I tried to add most of the discussed changes but I might have missed a few (and some ended up a little more general). For those please use the “other” option and/or leave a comment.

• Where’s the poll, man?
    Where’s the poll?

• Was still making it. Seems like the forum posts the thread before the poll is finished.

• Oh, I see it now.
    Thought the forums bugged or something.

• Ugh, I wish you could vote for multiple options.

EDIT: nevermind you can

• You can, Flippy!

First and foremost, I think the damage needs to be significantly nerfed. Bodyshots should have a drastic damage decrease, and legshots as well. Headshot damage can stay because it’s hard and requires some degree of skill to pull off. Bodyshots are just too powerful now. Legshots I also think do too much damage to make the shield very useful against good archers.

I also voted for no crosshair, cause why the hell not. Good archers will remain good.

• I would like to keep the backstab bonus as dagger special ability (also for MaA) but hit their parrying (more stamina drain) - maybe make it only work if used without a shield in the other hand.

Other is pretty much what is written in brackets: Make the Pavise useful (more resistant, doesn’t blow up on death) and remove the lookup reloading for crossbows.

• @B4RK:

I also voted for no crosshair, cause why the hell not. Good archers will remain good.

Because players will just use an external crosshair software or dental floss. No point in removing it, because in the end it will stay.

• @Flippy:

Because players will just use an external crosshair software or dental floss. No point in removing it, because in the end it will stay.

That’s true.
    Can I withdraw a vote? :L

• this is a poll for a server side option right?

cause im gonna be pretty pissed off if this ruins mods that people have slaved over for hundreds of hours cause the cry babies on here got the whole dam game nerfed again.

• Of course serverside. Nothing here makes sense clientside. Also clientside is stupid.
    It is meant as suggestion for vanilla though.
    @B4RK:

Can I withdraw a vote? :L

Just count it as “dot crosshair” (also with pretty color change instead of getting stuck with red).

• for me all is fine atm. maybe the Backstab Bonus is pointless. In Duel no Effekt and in a big battle, Archers form the last line. Only mad archer run into meele and backstab Nerds.

• Needs a massive damage nerf. Archers are completely out of control atm in EU competitive play

• Everything except leave them alone! Nerf them to oblivion!

• whew, ok good cause that will better for every 1, we probly wouldn’t mind even accomplishing this for you guys either as that would be an easy mod for us to crank out as we have messed with a lot of archer stuff in our mod lately.

(you should see our rapid fire matrix arrowed short bow with about 30 ft range, nice tracers and a cool matrix sound, its really fun expecially in the matrix maps that we do at 65% game speed)

it should always be the players decision anyway whether or not they want to play on servers with them or without their so claimed opness.

if us modding it for the community keeps the whole game from getn nerfd, we are down for making this mod for the community.

a damage change to either of the type of arrows takes only a few minutes.

• @WARSAW:

this is a poll for a server side option right?

cause im gonna be pretty pissed off if this ruins mods that people have slaved over for hundreds of hours cause the cry babies on here got the whole dam game nerfed again.

You will still have to mod the damage back to what it was. Mods are affected by every change TBS makes unless you’ve already taken steps to override those changes.

• which is exactly why TB doesn’t need to waste the time effort or resources on this, the community can easily solve this problem with a simple archer nerf mod for the people who are whining about it as ive said before it would literally take a few minutes to mod!

its just hilarious that they are complaining about it in the regular game where 1 hit kills archers and they have no ammo crates and 20 arrows and move slow, in our mod you get a 100 arrows (yet range of arrows and their speed are tweaked for balance) and theres plenty of custom maps that have like 6 ammo crates yet not 1 person complains about archers.

its just too funny really, I guess these so called competitive players like the odds in their favor to feel like they are good when they win or something.

• Okay listen up. This whole poll is bullshit. There is so much bias shit here its gay. There are NO options to buff archer damage… NO option to make archers have unlimited stamina, NO option to make warbow broads 1 shot knights to head… and NOOOOO option to make archers have the health of a knight… This whole forum post is irrelevant and filled with mad kids who are mad. GG NERDS

• @Flotch:

Okay listen up. This whole poll is bullshit. There is so much bias shit here its gay. There are NO options to buff archer damage… NO option to make archers have unlimited stamina, NO option to make warbow broads 1 shot knights to head… and NOOOOO option to make archers have the health of a knight… This whole forum post is irrelevant and filled with mad kids who are mad. GG NERDS

You were on the balance council. Why doesn’t sling one shot knights? Slacker

• that’s what you get from a bunch of so called “competitive players” that need everything nerfed in their favor to do good in a game.