Please do something about archers on official servers

• Please TB! Every server I’ve played on today got destroyed by archers! I’m not talking in terms of balance as I know a lot’s already been/being said about that, but please provide some archer limited TO servers. It ALWAYS goes like this now:

1. Join a server with a lowish pop.
    2. Server gradually gets populated
    3. Number of archers creep up until it’s anywhere between 50%-70% archers.
    4. Everyone gets frustrated and leaves to find another server.
    5. Rinse and repeat.

For some reason archer is too attractive for people to resist, but it has such a massively negative effect on everyone’s fun, to the point where everyone just leaves. It’s killing pub TO, please just provide one or two archer limited servers per region until you figure out what to do with them.

• Too many archers goes both ways. The archer team can get stomped.

• @lemonater47:

Too many archers goes both ways. The archer team can get stomped.

Win or lose, it’s anti-fun.

• If we speak of a high number of low skilled archers: Pick up a shield or a heavy cutting weapon, flank them and beat the shit out of them.

Also a bad Archer is the most useless teammate you can have on your side. But I think most new players start with a learning advantage because of all those FPS around.

But on the long run you might need to join servers with a higher perecentage of high rank players.

• @Evil:

If we speak of a high number of low skilled archers: Pick up a shield or a heavy cutting weapon, flank them and beat the shit out of them.

Also a bad Archer is the most useless teammate you can have on your side. But I think most new players start with a learning advantage because of all those FPS around.

But on the long run you might need to join servers with a higher perecentage of high rank players.

I don’t want to be forced to use a shield every game, that’s as boring as being shot in the face constantly, and flanking them with big choppy weapons consistently is easier said than done, unless they’re total noobs.

Large numbers of archers ruin TO games. In the long run they need to be made less attractive to play, in the short run they need to be limited on some servers. A couple of archers on the opposing team is fine, it adds to the play, but attacking against 6 decent-ish archers on a 12 man team on hillside is about as much fun as gonorreah, and it doesn’t take long for the server to start emptying.

This isn’t a ‘how do I deal with archers’ post, it’s a ‘please TB deal with archers’ post

• +1, i avoid officials usually unless it’s the only game in town because playing in full or near-full servers with 50% archers is not fun in any way, shape or form.

• The best way to deal with archers would be to make arrows serverside. You know, so you can actually dodge them.

• or parry them would be cool also

• Or grab the arrow, break it in two, and stab both halves into the archer’s eyes.

• It is not to hard really to dodge or avoid archer attacks, even if they team up… I think last night I killed a small group of like 4 fairly easy. I mean I am a Dragon but still normal people should be able to as well.

• This post is deleted!

• i still get shot almost as much even when using a tower shield, the largest shield in the game. I also find it a pity that even under melee conditions as a knight i have to try hard to kill an archer.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i still get shot almost as much even when using a tower shield, the largest shield in the game. I also find it a pity that even under melee conditions as a knight i have to try hard to kill an archer.

Drags and extreme feinting. They can die in one hit. So it can be a very quick battle.

• Archer is the only class I feint on sight without being feinted first.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i still get shot almost as much even when using a tower shield, the largest shield in the game. I also find it a pity that even under melee conditions as a knight i have to try hard to kill an archer.

Because it’s easier to hit people with shields as they think they’re safe and keep running in a straight line.

I main this class and even I think it’s annoying when there’s more than 3 archers on each team on a 24 player server. I remember about one year ago when people played archers, if they were new to the game they had a K/D ratio of 5-23 if they were lucky. Meanwhile a good archer could manage to get 30 perhaps 40 kills if they were lucky. Now you can see rank 16s using a crossbow getting up to 30 kills without a problem meanwhile the experienced archers are just annoying and hit almost every 2nd arrow or even more. I think the skills that archers required once is gone and any FPS player can easily get into archering. Especially with the easymode crossbows.

• I’d say, without any exaggeration, that on average, every other match (not exclusive to TO, even) will see roughly half of the people comprising at least one team playing as Archer. It is, indeed, fucking ridiculous.

• @Xylvion:

Because it’s easier to hit people with shields as they think they’re safe and keep running in a straight line.

I main this class and even I think it’s annoying when there’s more than 3 archers on each team on a 24 player server. I remember about one year ago when people played archers, if they were new to the game they had a K/D ratio of 5-23 if they were lucky. Meanwhile a good archer could manage to get 30 perhaps 40 kills if they were lucky. Now you can see rank 16s using a crossbow getting up to 30 kills without a problem meanwhile the experienced archers are just annoying and hit almost every 2nd arrow or even more. I think the skills that archers required once is gone and any FPS player can easily get into archering. Especially with the easymode crossbows.

Agreed, archery is easier than ever to get into with the crossbows. They didn’t have an automatic advantage before and they shouldn’t now.

• I agree with OP that archer limits would be nice. Don’t get me wrong, I can rock most archers (even without a shield). But it’s just less fun to play against.

• Agreed, OP. Archer spam in pubs is anti-fun. Limits would be an ideal fix.

• I don’t agree that there should be limits. I prefer shaming the low level asshats who all go archer in chat.