Dodge with Knife, not here - intentional?

• Just wondering if this is intentional or not, as using the knife in close quarters is risky when someone is charging you or gets the jump on you, but not being able to kick or dodge is absolutely ridiculous in my book, how on earth can you defend yourself if you have the throwing knife out and someone manages to get right in front of you.

Before all you apologists start spouting your “well you shouldn’t let someone get the jump on you” blah blah. I believe you should always have the option to defend yourself. Imagine having someone come up to you while you’re on a ballista and every time they hit you and you flinch, it makes you unable to get off the ballista. Then when you complain about an aspect of the game that clearly needs work people say “well you shouldn’t be on the ballista in the first place!” same thing.

• I agree with you 100%

• @RockandGrohl:

Just wondering if this is intentional or not, as using the knife in close quarters is risky when someone is charging you or gets the jump on you, but not being able to kick or dodge is absolutely ridiculous in my book, how on earth can you defend yourself if you have the throwing knife out and someone manages to get right in front of you.

Before all you apologists start spouting your “well you shouldn’t let someone get the jump on you” blah blah. I believe you should always have the option to defend yourself. Imagine having someone come up to you while you’re on a ballista and every time they hit you and you flinch, it makes you unable to get off the ballista. Then when you complain about an aspect of the game that clearly needs work people say “well you shouldn’t be on the ballista in the first place!” same thing.

Well, the main reason is that the knives flinch, and you are supposed to be vulnerable while using them as you can easily decimate an opponent or multiple opponents. The throwing knives are honestly powerful enough without needing to dodge.

• Your first mistake was picking the throwing knives.

• Haha. Dodging with throwing knives.

• idk about you, but i LOVE throwing knives over hatchets.

• I also like the knives. Much better suited for knocking a teammate’s helmet off.

• You leave yourself vulerable to melee when you equip projectile weapon, which in a sense is perfectly fine to me. Going for ‘shotgun’ throw has a higher chance of hitting your opponent cause the closer they are the easier, obviously. but it also puts you in a danger where you are not able to defend yourself if you were to be caught with your pants down, or missed a shotgun throw while opponent was really close to you then punished you for it.

• I meant as vanguard…. but yeah, firepot or bust.

• I understand the need to trade damage output potential for vulnerability, seeing as you have the ability to hit an unshielded opponent 100% (and can even hit their toes if they use tower shield)

However, what really bugs me is that you can’t even kick, and if you get hit once, with any melee weapon, it sends you into a flinch animation that you can’t get out of. You can’t even swap weapon. Annoying!

• You cannot kick with ranged weapons in general (Javelins being an exception). The reason behind this is probably to avoid situation where you keep your ranged weapon out and first kick your opponent then headshot him which can be quite nasty for shield users - especially with throwables and crossbows because of their short windup time.

• Deadliest warrior alpha.

Parry with guns.

un-parriable riposte that was usually an instakill (alpha gun stats also doing 40% more damage)

Kick with ranged would would be somewhat similar. Javelins have a slow windup in comparison to throwing knives and axes.

• I can see that being an issue, however there is no way to change back to a combat state when you have ranged out, you are simply a sitting duck if anyone gets close to you, which is my problem here.

• The problem is:

You are a shield Knight closing in on some sniper crossbowman. He aims at you so you are forced to keep your shield up. When entering melee range he kicks you for 5 damage. You are stunned. He aims at your head shoots and you die.

Same in melee: That Vanguard is using his throwing axes. You raise your shield. Kick - you are stunned. Two axes to the head - dead,