Chivalry+

• Hi guys - just a quick notice really!

So my server now runs chiv+, and a fair few people have sent various messages asking why or… been saying stuff in game that is just wrong - so i figured that this might well help to keep some confusion at bay: because it seems that a few people are discouraged from playing in the server until corrected. And theres a lot of myths around! I was skeptical myself of Nabs putting chiv+ into my server until I actually realised what it now does.

CHIV+ DOES NOT ALTER ANY BALANCE OR MECHANICS. IT DID ONCE UPON A TIME, BUT NO MORE. IT IS SAME AS VANILLA. No, “bubble is not removed”. No, “Turnspeed cap is not altered”. A couple of people were in the server saying ‘omg this feels so much better and smoother’ and ‘omg death animations are changed’ and similar things. All sorts.

No. Its not better. Its not worse. Its the SAAAAAAME. It changes nothing, it only adds.

What it does do however - includes adding some nice little admin tools that aid in streamlining competitive play/scrims, the popular swordgame mode, and the nice FFA duel mode - which can’t be disrupted by the standard level 10s running around swinging.

My server is primarily TO, so doesn’t necessarily benefit most from the content of chiv+ - but I will be running FFA duel and swordgame from time to time too. Final note - it is a tiny download, so it wont take long at all to get into the server for the first time if you havent already downloaded chiv+ from steam.

So keep coming to “The Toilet”, good sirs. It needs moar poo.

NB: Simrai servers in france went down so “The Toilet” is now an NL server! If you previously had a ‘meh’ ping in there it might be better now, check it out! :D

• There is literally no reason not to use CHIV+ right now.

• please don’t insult Nabsters work like that.

• @WARSAW:

please don’t insult Nabsters work like that.

no reason not to use

;)

• those double negatives. I misread rumples comment too

• Thanks for this, Turd!

Quite a few people were confused today, and anything to help spread the word that Chiv+ can only add to the vanilla experience is greatly appreciated!

Right now there isn’t a whole lot of improvement that most players will generally notice, as many of the new features are based around making competitive play a bit less fiddly. But more is to come including TK and autobalance tweaks (completely optional, of course) and anything else suggested that seems like a useful addition to the game and/or server admins.

I just don’t want people to be scared of joining a Chiv+ server because they think it’s gonna be all different like it was before!

• Hopefully all the ffa duel servers will run it. Speaking of the FFA duels, would it be possible to make the person respawn where they died? even though the mode is more convinient as no one FFAs you still have to run quite far to get to where everyone is at. Would be quite nifty and save you some time.

• Good to know, I’ll run it on Grandmace Into Your Face again.

One question though: what happens when a new patch comes out, how it is handled in the mod?

• Chiv+, like any other SDK mod, is based on top of the base game. Any changes to the base game you will also see in Chiv+ unless I’ve overridden that particular change (in which case, I will have to adapt the Chiv+ code myself).

It’s very unlikely that code changed in a patch will be code that I’ve overridden for Chiv+ features and balance changes shouldn’t be affected at all.

Basically, don’t worry. I should be able to quickly tell if Chiv+ is going to interfere with a patch, but most of the time it won’t at all.

• @NabsterHax:

Chiv+, like any other SDK mod, is based on top of the base game. Any changes to the base game you will also see in Chiv+ unless I’ve overridden that particular change (in which case, I will have to adapt the Chiv+ code myself).

It’s very unlikely that code changed in a patch will be code that I’ve overridden for Chiv+ features and balance changes shouldn’t be affected at all.

Thanks for reply and the mod, you are the man

• More people should play LTSO though cause it’s awesome

• @afiNity:

More people should play LTSO though cause it’s awesome

I may host an LTSO tournament if my TO one goes well. Currently going to use Chiv+ for my TO tourney so I’m looking forward to that.