Looking for interest in new competition website

• Hi all,

I’ve been working on a competition website and am almost ready to have a beta to test it out. The website will support any game, but I was thinking of starting with Chivalry and a small group of clans - maybe 5 or 6.

The website is designed for ladder style competition as opposed to tournament style where teams join a ladder and challenge/defend each other - all trying to obtain and hold the higher positions on the ladder - to increase their ranking in the ladder(s) and on the site in the form of rewarded points.

It’s being designed purposefully to remove much of the complication involved with playing in competitions. For instance, it will help facilitate communication, impose deadlines, be intuitive, etc. It should keep a good flow to competing and require fewer interruptions and delays where admins must be involved - focusing more on having teams play and have fun competing.

I still have a little work left before I can test it out, but I was curious of the interest here for something like this.

Also, I’m curious what game modes and rules people would like to see most.

Thanks in advance!

• NA/EU?

/10chars

• @Karasu:

NA/EU?

Sorry, I would first test with NA just because that’s where I am located, but afterwards the site would be for either.

• good luck!

• @CRUSHED:

good luck!

I can’t tell if that’s sarcastic or not lol If it is, why?

• It’s a good idea.

• It is a solid idea, many have tried and all have failed besides HiveGamer. They’ve done well so far, it would need to have clans listed on a recruitment page as well as clan skill level and merc groups. Also needs to be more accessible to the common player, where they can go and have a fun random 3v3 with their friends.

• @OPxMike:

It is a solid idea, many have tried and all have failed besides HiveGamer. They’ve done well so far, it would need to have clans listed on a recruitment page as well as clan skill level and merc groups. Also needs to be more accessible to the common player, where they can go and have a fun random 3v3 with their friends.

Thanks for the feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Currently the site isn’t setup for pick up games. It’s more towards having a team with members. The site does show a skill level associated with both teams and players though - based on their success in matches. Players will be able to search through teams recruiting and teams through players wanting to be recruited.

• Instead of splitting the already small user base why not work with HiveGamer? They already have the users and system in place and are willing to work with just about anyone. Also, if you take a look at Hive Gamer you’ll see that they already have most, if not all, of the features you mentioned. Live scrimmage instant scrimmage scheduled scrimmage scheduled ladders and matches, events, a recruitment pool / tool Clan page ranking for clans and players etc…

• @bestrafung:

Instead of splitting the already small user base why not work with HiveGamer? They already have the users and system in place and are willing to work with just about anyone. Also, if you take a look at Hive Gamer you’ll see that they already have most, if not all, of the features you mentioned. Live scrimmage instant scrimmage scheduled scrimmage scheduled ladders and matches, events, a recruitment pool / tool Clan page ranking for clans and players etc…

There’s nothing stopping clans interacting with both.

• @bestrafung:

Instead of splitting the already small user base why not work with HiveGamer? They already have the users and system in place and are willing to work with just about anyone. Also, if you take a look at Hive Gamer you’ll see that they already have most, if not all, of the features you mentioned. Live scrimmage instant scrimmage scheduled scrimmage scheduled ladders and matches, events, a recruitment pool / tool Clan page ranking for clans and players etc…

I agree. I’ve been working with the owner of Hivegamer to try to bring more interest to their website, and the last thing we need is to split our community with different developing competitive services.

While I support your cause, I think it’s best for the playerbase to stick to one service, and at the moment that’s Hivegamer considering its success so far.

• @Shack:

I agree. I’ve been working with the owner of Hivegamer to try to bring more interest to their website, and the last thing we need is to split our community with different developing competitive services.

While I support your cause, I think it’s best for the playerbase to stick to one service, and at the moment that’s Hivegamer considering its success so far.

bestrafung Instead of splitting the already small user base why not work with HiveGamer? They already have the users and system in place and are willing to work with just about anyone. Also, if you take a look at Hive Gamer you’ll see that they already have most, if not all, of the features you mentioned. Live scrimmage instant scrimmage scheduled scrimmage scheduled ladders and matches, events, a recruitment pool / tool Clan page ranking for clans and players etc…

Thanks for the support guys; it’s much appreciated. It’s true we have a lot of features that members don’t seem to know about or use. We’ve been working very hard to improve HG based on community feedback. We’re currently tweaking the Chivalry 1vs1 scrimmage area and providing free scrimmage servers, sponsored by HiveGaming.net, for community members. We’re also creating a new custom add-on for the Hive Gamer website. This add-on will allow you to quickly talk to multiple friends privately, challenge players to a match, store/share files and conversations as well as other forms of information about the player. So keep your eye out for that in the coming months.

There’s one more thing worth pointing out. We setup a special group called . A colony leader is the leader of a Clan and or Guild. We asked clan leaders from the Chivalry community to fill out a form to be a part of this group. Did I mention that this group comes with free benefits and discounts? Nice discounts!! You can read more about this position here for those of you interested.

So far what we’ve received from the application bin has made me want to scrap the whole idea. With a few exceptions it was literally as if third-graders were signing up for extra recess time.

We got things back like:
    Clan Website: poop
    Name: Who Cares
    Name: ballsniffer

This is going to be a focus group on ways to enhance our events and website. I need serious people that truly believe in the Chivalry competitive scene and want to help. So, with that said, please resubmit your applications if you have not been added as a Colony Leader and let’s try to create something great.

As for your website, I wish you the best of luck; but I encourage you to take a look around Hive Gamer and everything we have to offer. Maybe you’ll consider joining us as staff in the Chivalry department.

• @NabsterHax:

There’s nothing stopping clans interacting with both.

That’s true, no argument there. However, there’s really not enough active players at the moment to support multiple tournament sites. It will basically come down to rivalry and competition between the two sites. With not enough presence at either to support themselves it could lead to both failing. In my opinion it would just be better for everyone involved to come together and support one group. That is of course unless popularity skyrockets overnight and we get a much larger player base. If that happens then by all means open multiple sites.

• @bestrafung:

That’s true, no argument there. However, there’s really not enough active players at the moment to support multiple tournament sites. It will basically come down to rivalry and competition between the two sites. With not enough presence at either to support themselves it could lead to both failing. In my opinion it would just be better for everyone involved to come together and support one group. That is of course unless popularity skyrockets overnight and we get a much larger player base. If that happens then by all means open multiple sites.

I don’t understand. Why can’t clans sign up for BOTH sites and participate in BOTH sites’ competitions and ladders? It’s not like people have to choose one or the other.

If there’s enough players to “support” one site then the other site will have the same amount of players to “support” them. I don’t see why anyone would refuse to be involved with one site because another one exists.

• I not sure it makes sense for TB to take on managing competitive matches for all games. A lot of communication and wasted time from developing CMW. Just add a match making/ladder system directly into CMW and profit.

• @bestrafung:

Instead of splitting the already small user base why not work with HiveGamer?

I would never want to do that to any community, but I have my own vision for how a competition website should work and HiveGamer has theirs. Based on what I’ve seen, my vision is a completely different experience - not to take anything away from any others - they have their own way.

It seems HiveGamer is doing more tournament style. I’ll be doing something different.

• @bestrafung:

That’s true, no argument there. However, there’s really not enough active players at the moment to support multiple tournament sites.

This is actually what I’ve been looking to hear.

If this is the case, I just won’t use Chivalry for the beta. The site I’m making is not for Chivalry alone. It will support multiple games so I can start with any game. I was just going to start with Chivalry since I like the game and, honestly, I didn’t know about HiveGaming.

Last thing I want is to bring any negativity to the scene.

• @HiveGaming:

We got things back like:

LOL Who Cares is an actual clan name :P

• @Karasu:

Hive Gaming, y so srs?

• @Tunnleram:

I would never want to do that to any community, but I have my own vision for how a competition website should work and HiveGamer has theirs. Based on what I’ve seen, my vision is a completely different experience - not to take anything away from any others - they have their own way.

It seems HiveGamer is doing more tournament style. I’ll be doing something different.

No Hive Gamer has Leagues, Ladders both Ranked and Unranked and Tournaments, Both Amateur and soon Professional brackets. I personally feel that the community is way too thin for multiple sites. Too many things can happen. Date conflicting, One site copying another and the list goes on etc. Not saying its going to happen but it can and will I’m sure. I think we’d be better off combining our efforts however, I completely understand your feeling of wanting to do your own thing and I wish you luck.

Originally Posted by HiveGaming We got things back like:

HAHA :)