(EU)Lets try to make chialry League!

• Hey, most people know me within the EU competitive scene and I have been wondering in the last few days if maybe it’s time to organize a league of European clans, we could for instance somewhere
    down the road have an indegogo campaign where people can donate to a pool for prize money etc, but that is not what matters currently.

Lately Torn Banner have started to get their shit together and for the first time in quite a while it is looking promising, maybe a few patches down the line the game will be optimized for
    competitive play; but why I bring it up now is until then, why not plan and organize how such a thing could work?

Currently there are two sides to the arguement.

PROS:
    Makes the competitive scene bigger and more attractive.
    Stop having to ask many clans before getting a reply for scrims.
    Rewarding those who are dedicated and those who have sunk many hours into the game.
    Bring the community together on a cohesive project.

CONS:
    Newer or lower skilled clans may not want to compete with the fear of being stomped. (it could be solved with divisions, but that would require a larger amount of clans)
    Torn Banner may introduce game breaking bugs or balance issues mid way into the season.
    Nobody may want to contribute to the competitive scene, or may feel forced to.

There are probably more points I could’ve added on both sides, but I’m just wondering if our scene is evolved enough to make something like this happen, if not then the scene and competitive Chivalry play
    within Europe will never amount to anything due to the amount of time tournaments take to finish.

TL;DR - It’d be nice if when the state of the game has grown stable we could make a competitive Chivalry league within Europe wherein teams could compete 2-3 times a week akin to a Premier Sports League

Comment, Share and let me know your opinions!

Cheers, from THE HAWK! (rewritten by an extremely tired Planetus)
    :miserable::miserable::miserable::miserable::miserable::miserable::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::dog::dog::strawberry::coolio::grey::coolio::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry:

• I agree that tournaments are too slow and that a league could boost the competitive side of chiv.
    I’m supporting the idea and will register a TPL team if this happens.

|イアレ|Bαbαr****

• As Hawk would say: Yhea! It’s a nice idea, but currently the scene is too inconsistent for this type of league. New clans pop up as fast as they die.

• Your insight isn’t very good. Also, just limit the number of clan entries - it works for every other MLG game ever on the market. Also, involve America. America is how games get famous, not EU. We spend more money on stupid stuff, work harder and therefore need more relaxing activities (I’m serious here, there are statistics) and MLG and the majority of gaming circuits only operate in America. The only exceptions are sponsors for professional teams in WoW and League who’ve set up operations in EU in very recent years. Only the most powerful american companies fly everyone overseas or even broadcast from outside of the US.

• wat? i thought most professional sponsor companies are based out of eu?

• @NoVaLombardia:

wat? i thought most professional sponsor companies are based out of eu?

They are, not sure what this guy’s talking about.

Plus MLG is nothing but Halo and CoD kiddies.

• top lel
    good going murica

• most console gaming takes place in america

• @zombojoe:

most console gaming takes place in america

fookin casuals.

• @Flippy:

They are, not sure what this guy’s talking about.

Plus MLG is nothing but Halo and CoD kiddies.

AND FIGHTERS.

• People in this game are not ready for competitive leagues anyway

• people in this game arent ready for competition period

• This post is deleted!

• It’s not a bad idea but it’s unrealistic. We already had leagues (including ESL) and they all failed cause no one gave a fuck and people were scared to lose. And the activity of the clans of this game is on a new low so I doubt it will work when it didn’t work one year ago.

• @afiNity:

People in this game are not ready for competitive leagues anyway

im readyyyyyy

• @zombojoe:

people in this game arent ready for competition period

funny you should say that

• @NoVaLombardia:

I’m jewish I don’t eat pork.

Moe Pumpkin prease

• @NoVaLombardia:

yeah i could have stayed playing Starcraft 2 where I made over 100 dollars in tournament winnings

• I doubt such a league could exist tbh. Most of you squishy things can’t even agree on a league rule for configs.
    With limits and fovs to be used by all. How do you expect true skill to be reflected in video’s of games without
    a solid framework of config settings and rules hmmn. What about exp judges and admins who can spot a blighter
    upto no good in a match or even a whole clan of them. Back in the day when warriors use to eat hot dogs with
    lots of tabasco

• @afiNity:

…It’s not a bad idea but it’s unrealistic. We already had leagues (including ESL) and they all failed cause no one gave a fuck and people were scared to lose…

You’re right that nobody gave a fuck, but that could/can be overcome with good leadership, something that we never had with the ESL admins at the time; Posting on the forums about a weekly tournament/cup and waiting for participants go out of their way to sign up is cool and all, but it should come to no surprise when only a lackluster amount of players sign up, because as you said - nobody gives a fuck. This is why Crushed’s tournaments are always successful; because he is proactive and seeks out participants rather than let them come to him. i think

@afiNity:

…And the activity of the clans of this game is on a new low so I doubt it will work when it didn’t work one year ago…

I think clans/people just lack incentive. Scrimming just for the sake of scrimming with the occasional surprise tournament every month or so just isn’t effective at keeping people on their feet.

I’m aware how weird it sounds when I say that people need “incentive” to play a video game.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.