The pavise shield demands attention!

• Feels like this shield hasn’t been looked at since release or something, apart from the added customization. The thing is that it keeps breaking for no apparent reason. I could place it on perfectly flat ground and it still pops. Or if I would get the crazy idea to crouch behind it, it pops. It’s like I’m handling porcelain. I realize it may be intended to stop bridge building but please fine-tune it a little bit.

• It needs help, but not as much as other stuff currently. If it’s a simple fix then absolutely, good job reminding us, but I’m not sure that it is.

• My Unsullied don’t require pavise shields, perhaps you need to stop looking for things to hide behind and start doing as your commanded and attack the enemy.

• Well this is the most “proper” bug I can think of in the game right now. It’s ignored because nobody uses it. >_>

• @Agent:

It’s ignored because nobody uses it. >_>

Which is because of the bug.

Really the Pavise is meant as mobile cover but for this it should:

• not break randomly
    • not break from 5 arrows
    • not break from a single firepot
    • not break when its owner dies

PS: Dany sounds just like daddy.

• Hells to the yes, please for the love of god tbs fix pavise shield, there’s almost no point in using them because of these issues.

• If it didn’t break from the owner dying, I could see some serious abuse sprouting from that.

• Attach spikes to the pavise shield for passive aggressive defense.

• @Daenerys:

My Unsullied don’t require pavise shields, perhaps you need to stop looking for things to hide behind and start doing as your commanded and attack the enemy.

Yer jalan atthirari anni - You are the moon of my life.
    Shekh ma shieraki anni - My sun and stars.

• @Skreshavik:

If it didn’t break from the owner dying, I could see some serious abuse sprouting from that.

You shouldn’t spawn with another one though. If you die the Pavise should stay where you placed it ready to be picked up. If its destroyed you can get a new one at an ammo box or respawn with one on your back.

But when the game progresses to a new stage all Pavises left in areas their owner cannot access anymore should be wiped. I don’t think placing a Pavise and then switching to another setup is that much of a problem (as you can’t relocate/replace it).

However, destroying the Pavise by killing the owner really destroys most of its tactical value.

• it would be cool to see them used to block off choke points and such

• @Evil:

You shouldn’t spawn with another one though…However, destroying the Pavise by killing the owner really destroys most of its tactical value.

Fair points. I personally think it would be obnoxious for both sides if that were the case. Maybe the Agathian archers make a suicide rush to the Mason spawn on the second part of Citadel, blocking off the spawn. This would severely aggravate Masons because it doesn’t despawn. So potential abuse can still be wrought up with the shield not despawning. For the archers, it could be bothersome to die off a far distance from the initial spawn (lets just say you were a leftover from the grainery on Battlefield.) I don’t think it would be a good idea in general.

• Thats not really abuse. Keep in mind that you can destroy Pavises (making them much more vulnerable to melee than ranged attacks would help here). And if you can block of the enemy spawn you could also just do the objective.

Or maybe add the option to kick a Pavise over - this would drastically reduce their value as “blocking device” but would make them usable cover.

Its stupid to suddenly stand in the open because sombody killed the owner of your cover. And with the current 100% accuracy on ranged weapons and the weak Archer armor this can happen very quickly.

There are by far better options than “blow up the Pavise whenever it might have the slightest chance to be exploited if the conditions are just right enough”. And if you place your Pavise in a way that it doesn’t get “cleared” and cannot be picked up - your own fault. You can still destroy it (which should take quite some time ranged but a quick deed in melee) or just keep it there and play without for the rest of the map.

• What is this blocking talk? All it was ever meant for is cover for crossbows. And I see no problem with it breaking if you die.

• @Agent:

What is this blocking talk? All it was ever meant for is cover for crossbows. And I see no problem with it breaking if you die.

Well it breaking when you are still alive for no reason is an issue.

• Also if you die - because you can’t use it as cover for other players. Which you should be able to do. Cover should not blow up because somebody dies elsewhere. Thats stupid.

• About the breaking when you die: Why not make it like this: If you die, it won’t break. But to prevent one player using multiple pavise shields, let the old one break when the new one is deployed.

• @Peter:

About the breaking when you die: Why not make it like this: If you die, it won’t break. But to prevent one player using multiple pavise shields, let the old one break when the new one is deployed.

+1

/10chars

• Come on you fuckers!>_> Get cracking!

• @Peter:

About the breaking when you die: Why not make it like this: If you die, it won’t break. But to prevent one player using multiple pavise shields, let the old one break when the new one is deployed.

This would be the best solution…