How to Add a Default Number of Bots to Server (Permanently)

• Simple question, but I couldn’t find the answer in the “documentation” or through Google. How do I set up my server so that it has a permanent number of bots? Say, 10? There is a server in my region that always has 18 bots on it (although once the server hits capacity, I believe the number of bots is reduced to make way for new players joining).

Thanks in advance. :encouragement:

• I saw something for this once in a third-party forum. A few weeks later I had no luck finding it again.
    If I remember correctly you can add the argument “numplayers=[number]” to your UDK.exe shortcut but…… this needs confirmation.

• Developer

The normal way to do this would be to add ?numplay=10 to the the map name, so your target looks like:

UDKLogging.exe aoctd-moor_p?numplay=10?steamsockets …

Alternatively, just log in as an admin and do a server travel with the ? options you want; they’ll persist between map transitions.

In the console:

adminlogin adminpassword
    admin servertravel aoctd-moor_p?numplay=10

• @CrustaceanSoup:

The normal way to do this would be to add ?numplay=10 to the the map name, so your target looks like:

UDKLogging.exe aoctd-moor_p?numplay=10?steamsockets …

Alternatively, just log in as an admin and do a server travel with the ? options you want; they’ll persist between map transitions.

In the console:

adminlogin adminpassword
    admin servertravel aoctd-moor_p?numplay=10

Thanks for the swift response… I will test it out :victorious:

• I tried

admin servertravel aoctd-Darkforest_p?numplay=10

it started the map but no bots added

• since I run one I will try and help you out, here is what my command line looks like for my dedi shortcut.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32\UDKLogging.exe” AOCFFA-Arena3_P?modname=ModdedMatrixMayhem?steamsockets?numplay=18 -seekfreeloadingserver -dedicated=true"

and to add them ingame on the fly after logging in as admin you type in the console
    admin addbots (and the number you want)
    online for server admins^^

greg open your map 1st then add them once you are in game, locally I think its just
    addbots (and the number)
    localy^^