Uninstall deadliest warrior

• Please fix some way to uninstall deadliest warrior im sick of that shit taking space on my SSD drive just because I want chiv installed. No other fucking game in the universe that I own does this for expansions, xcept maybe small small dlc’s.

Gay as fuck.

• Yes, please allow us some way to uninstall DW. It takes up a lot of space.

• I agree.

Im not kidding, i want this shit waste of space gone from my hard drive - just like everyone else. You’ve got my money, now let me have my space back.

• +1. Deleting the CDW folder inside the Chiv steam folder makes it so when you start Chiv, it says “Buy DW” instead of Play. So I guess you lose your license if you just delete the CDW folder itself or somethin’, so a proper way to uninstall DW would be appreciated.

• +1 please give us a way to uninstall CDW and bypass launcher

• Developer

Steam doesn’t have any way to do this. This isn’t the only game affected https://www.google.ca/search?q=steam+uninstall+dlc&oq=steam+uninstall+dlc

Bypassing the launcher is on us and we do have a method: add -cmw or -cdw to your launch options.

• Damn, so it’s a Steam problem? There’s no way for us to delete it at all?

Welp, Origin here I come.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Steam doesn’t have any way to do this. This isn’t the only game affected https://www.google.ca/search?q=steam+uninstall+dlc&oq=steam+uninstall+dlc

Bypassing the launcher is on us and we do have a method: add -cmw or -cdw to your launch options.

Thanks!
    /10chars

• @Flippy:

Damn, so it’s a Steam problem? There’s no way for us to delete it at all?

Welp, Origin here I come.

HAHAHAHA!

Have fun.

• Wouldn’t be a steam problem if DW was sold as a standalone game. Boggles my mind they didn’t do this in the first place. The only thing in MW affected by this “Expansion” is a new launcher. The rest of the DW expansion doesn’t seem to have any impact at all on MW.

It might have sold more without requiring MW purchase when it launched. Also, if it were standalone it would show on steam friends list as currently playing Deadliest Warrior instead of always showing Medieval Warfare and might have gotten some sales through the friends list.

Workshop content would be split up between 2 separate games and be easier to look through instead of wondering if a mod or map was made for MW or DW.

Players could uninstall the game they don’t play. Either DW or MW.

Torn Banner could sell DLC or expansions for each game without it becoming a mess all listed together.

• @Ozkaros:

Wouldn’t be a steam problem if DW was sold as a standalone game. Boggles my mind they didn’t do this in the first place. The only thing in MW affected by this “Expansion” is a new launcher. The rest of the DW expansion doesn’t seem to have any impact at all on MW.

It might have sold more without requiring MW purchase when it launched. Also, if it were standalone it would show on steam friends list as currently playing Deadliest Warrior instead of always showing Medieval Warfare and might have gotten some sales through the friends list.

Workshop content would be split up between 2 separate games and be easier to look through instead of wondering if a mod or map was made for MW or DW.

Players could uninstall the game they don’t play. Either DW or MW.

Torn Banner could sell DLC or expansions for each game without it becoming a mess all listed together.

These ideas are all a step above the potential of TBS. They don’t have the marketing, planning, funding or manpower to do most or all of those things. They aren’t a AAA game developer after all, but an indie developer with one good game under their belts.

• @Triumphant:

just like everyone else failing to adapt to another much faster gameplay

Here, I fixed it for you.

• @ezay57:

Here, I fixed it for you.

Ya, everyone who dislikes DW just sucks at it. Get rekt scrubs.

• Yes…PLEASE, I don’t want this shit game taking up my HDD space.

• Just delete the CDW folder? No need to be so hostile lmao

• @Psyfon:

Just delete the CDW folder? No need to be so hostile lmao

That’s what I was thinking…

• @Psyfon:

Just delete the CDW folder? No need to be so hostile lmao

The entire folder is reinstalled when you launch the game again.

• @Flippy:

The entire folder is reinstalled when you launch the game again.

What if you just create a shortcut to cmw.exe and bypass launcher?

• @lejosh:

What if you just create a shortcut to cmw.exe and bypass launcher?

They aren’t two separate entities. The DW folder is considered a Chivalry folder. So if you launch the game, even if you skip the launcher, it will reinstall that entire folder onto Chivalry before you can play.

• Interesting. I haven’t seen an expansion done this way before.