Taking damage when parrying

• Sometimes I notice that I take damage when I parry an attack.

Anyone else notice this?

• Yes. No idea why. Sometimes I even hear my opponent taking damage from blocking my swing.

• Bump, this is happening heaps.

• Yeah. Like, small amounts of dmg?

• Yeah, like I block a greatsword and it takes a quarter of my HP.

• At first I thought I was getting hit with throwing knives or pebbles or something, but it doesn’t make any noise (most of the time) and are never any guilty parties around. Very weird. Happens once or twice per session usually.

• Seen a Knight getting killed from a parried sword attack yesterday. He was the last one of his team (LTS) so most of the server saw it, too.

• Speaking of noise, does anyone else get silent parries? Like an enemy parries my attack, but my client makes no sound at all. It’s just a sudden, eerily quiet moment in the fight when I have to think for a split second to try and reconcile my eyes and my ears.

• @dudeface:

Speaking of noise, does anyone else get silent parries? Like an enemy parries my attack, but my client makes no sound at all. It’s just a sudden, eerily quiet moment in the fight when I have to think for a split second to try and reconcile my eyes and my ears.

Yep. Happens almost every match.

• http://youtu.be/zrPpC60n_70

Like that?

I’m not sure if he parried and took damage anyways, or if it’s just the animation getting played for me and he didn’t parry

• Yup I’m getting it a bit lately

I’ll block an attack, see the block animation/spark where weapon blocks, then all of a sudden lose HP

Maybe it’s just lag on the server or game not keeping up?

• I’ve had it happen to myself, just once so I guess(and hope) it’s more rare than I thought.

Happened in a duel yesterday; I didn’t hear a damage sound or saw a chunk of my health vanish, but I did see my screen flash red and take away about 20% of my health.(but it was a maul and should have taken much more than that if I really didn’t parry it.)

• Only had this happen once in 1200+ hours that I know of but it was glorious. Was dueling my friend for cookies, we were alone in my server, I parried his lmb and just inexplicably dropped dead.

• It happened to me once aswell (in ~800 hrs). Used LS overhead attack against SoW knight, he blocked and died.

• Very infrequently, maybe once in the last couple hundred hours of play did I have this happen to me, where I took damage even when I parried the attack, and was still able to riposte as well as if a parry had occurred.

• @Karasu:

Only had this happen once in 1200+ hours that I know of but it was glorious. Was dueling my friend for cookies, we were alone in my server, I parried his lmb and just inexplicably dropped dead.

It was a stab.

fgt

• @Chimpanzer:

It was a stab.

fgt

It didn’t happen with you too did it? I was talking about someone else.

Edit: fgt

• @Karasu:

It didn’t happen with you too did it? I was talking about someone else.

Edit: fgt

omg you forgot

how could you

• @Jonasi:

http://youtu.be/zrPpC60n_70

Like that?

I’m not sure if he parried and took damage anyways, or if it’s just the animation getting played for me and he didn’t parry

Yes that happens often enough that I’m used to it by now, although it used to really weird me out the first hundredths times it happened.