Allow parry after hiting ground / walls etc.

• I don’t care about the flinch being there when you smack the ground or whatever. But you should be able to parry after you do, to increase the overall flow of the fighting for everybody.

• So you can hit the destructible objective and immediately parry the defenders. Hmm that seems a bit much.

• @gregcau:

So you can hit the destructible objective and immediately parry the defenders. Hmm that seems a bit much.

You’re still fully open to be feinted draged so who gives a shit about that. Too much artificial shit removing control of your character.

EDIT: Like oh lets say running into a HUGE fucking bubble that makes no sense and losing all your movement speed. Equally fucking stupid.

• Not being able to parry after hitting the ground is a reasonable punishment for look downs, though.

• @MrDolo:

Not being able to parry after hitting the ground is a reasonable punishment for look downs, though.

ahh thats why he wants it, looking at his shoe laces constantly in third person.

• @MrDolo:

Not being able to parry after hitting the ground is a reasonable punishment for look downs, though.

This.

You only need to look down as far as it takes for the tracers to be accelerated enough to hit them. Licking the ground isn’t required and also encourages players to aim their swings so that you aren’t colliding with objects. Anyway, we’ve already seen how weapons can pass through supposedly solid objects with ease (mainly Vanguard swords), I don’t see why what’s wrong with having this feature.

• @gregcau:

ahh thats why he wants it, looking at his shoe laces constantly in third person.

I don’t use 3p and I never have, 3rd person is shit. I also delay more than I accelerate for obvious reasons. But alot of times (especially in this attack 24/7 meta) people try to just trade with you, and in order to stop them from doing that you have to accelerate, and its just awkward not being able to parry afterwards.

And since I actually played chiv before they implemented this mechanic I can say the combat was 100000 times more fluid back then, in team fights especially.

But please, keep trying to make it personal because you’re too retarded to come with an actual argument.

• Sounds like this is just a rage thread.

I would post something, but i’d just be repeating what DokB said.

TLDR – Lookdown overhead -> drag upward.

• You can always drag your sword away from the ground after an accelerated attack, it’s not hard to do.
    Also, I like environment collision how it is now, adds some more depth and allows for nice level design where smaller weapons find greater utility in tighter areas.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Lookdown overhead -> drag upward.

Thanks for that pro tip.

• @kywild:

I don’t care about the flinch being there when you smack the ground or whatever. But you should be able to parry after you do, to increase the overall flow of the fighting for everybody.

I always thought it was dumb that i couldnt parry after i killed someone and the same attack hit the ground/wall whatever which often led to get me hit in 2v1 where i felt like i got locked out from parry

so yeah, i wouldnt mind

• I think it’s your fault for hitting the ground, it doesn’t take away from the control, you already knew that the ground would be below your feet. Or else you could go lmb spamming all the trees in darkforest without a care in the world because you can always block after. Also as DokB said, you can start dragging backwards after you hit to get away from the ground.

• @kywild:

You’re still fully open to be feinted draged so who gives a shit about that. Too much artificial shit removing control of your character.

EDIT: Like oh lets say running into a HUGE fucking bubble that makes no sense and losing all your movement speed. Equally fucking stupid.

IMO that is an illogical argument; one could say that you have no control over the bubble, but you do have control over whether you hit the ground/wall/etc or not. Its kind of your fault if you hit a tree instead of your target.

IMO i don’t think one should be rewarded in the way that you suggest.

• The argument for action lockout after hitting an object would be much stronger if hit detection were more accurate in the game. As it stands, it is far too random to be saying “just don’t hit the ground”. Randomly hitting some odd rock to your left because you tried to stab with a spear, then dying as a result because your opponent(s) immediately goes in for the punish is irritating, and while I feel that punishing wild swinging in this way seems good in theory, it is just frustrating in practice. I for one would like to see how this could work in a beta, maybe with some kind of stamina cost (so the parry works like a cftp or panic parry) while still locking out attacks.