Fuck off archer haters

• Seriously all you whinny babies who complain about archers…

Ok lets take a step back and examine

• archer sucks
    • archer has never won a competition

and yet these cry baby competitive players say “oooh I got hit by an arrow ohhh nerf the archer”

well I understand

• you dont want to take a shield
    • you love your parry ability with combo feint to parry to instant look down overhead

but sorry while you are leet in third person view crying about archers just shows you are a one trick pony.

so shut up

• You sound just like Warsaw.

Also if you’ve never played a competitive scrim then you won’t know why a single archer can be such a dominating force, no matter which game mode you play. I will also point out that archers can also CFtP and lookdown overheads just like every other class, but I’m sure you already knew that.

PS: lol @ third person

• in b4 a shitstorm :butterfly:

Also - archer is a support and a team game class, how would he win a competition on its own?

• I use the tower shield…and even rank 0 archers have shown me how easy it is to be shot underneath it.

No one wants archers to be useless, we simply want them to be balanced and fair.

• tell em Greg, lol

• Hey greg - I usually think pretty highly of you but you must be drunk or something cus… thats the stupidest shit you’ve ever said. The fact that warsaw is agreeing with you ought to be ringing alarm bells, hes nuts.

If you can’t already see how archer is unbalanced, then I dont think anyone can help you from your maddened state of delirium. Lets take a step back and examine:

-The archer is the most important part of a team in a scrim. If the archer is doing badly, the team does badly.

• The archer has the most potential of any class in the game to deal damage and wreak havoc.
    • Shield isnt even much of a defence against a clan level archer

• What’s next? Is Greg going to say the Greatsword is balanced? lol

• You forgot smoke pots Turd, the ULTIMATE counter to archers.

• 10/10 troll thread, would read and get mad again, highly recommended A++++++++++++

• Have you ever played a clan fight in LTS moor or arena? It’s basically an archer duel.

• @DokB:

You forgot smoke pots Turd, the ULTIMATE counter to archers.

Shit dok! Howd I forget those! I never start a game without those little beauties. Lifelines. Worth their weight in candyfloss.

• @gregcau:

Seriously all you whinny babies who complain about archers…

Ok lets take a step back and examine

• archer sucks
    • archer has never won a competition

and yet these cry baby competitive players say “oooh I got hit by an arrow ohhh nerf the archer”

well I understand

• you dont want to take a shield
    • you love your parry ability with combo feint to parry to instant look down overhead

but sorry while you are leet in third person view crying about archers just shows you are a one trick pony.

so shut up

WOAH!!! settle on turbo, its not necessary to be so tightly wound.
    I largely agree with the premiss of what you’re saying, however, i do think archers do need a little look in. I think the archer poll has been useful, though obviously as you have noted there are a lot of overly zealous opinions out there on what should be done to archers.

(As mentioned in the archer poll thread) i suggested that perhaps a two tiered approach could be used on the archer. What i proposed is just a couple of modifications (which can not be described as nurfs) to polish the archer and the way it fits in the game and to then let the archer run for a couple of months to test it. I just don’t think that nurfs to the archer are necessary.

Perhaps OP could have kept this in a relevant thread?

• Only archers I have issue with usually are the jav archers who rarely miss.

• Archers are great in team environments, but while Greg’s arguments are pretty much non-existant, I’ll agree with him on this:

Basically nothing but whiny babies on the forums lately that can’t learn to deal with shit, and instead want a nerfbat to compensate for their lack of skill to play against anything but a knight and a vanguard.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Basically nothing but whiny babies on the forums lately that can’t learn to deal with shit, and instead want a nerfbat to compensate for their lack of skill to play against anything but a knight and a vanguard.

Or maybe it’s the bads who only play the OP classes whine when they’re finally threatened to have to use real skill for fair and even fights. We learned to deal with the crap a long time ago, but it was never fun nor was it ever fair.

• I have something of an issue with the a lot of the archer close combat weapons, seeing as they all have god-awful animations that make them fairly difficult to block, hit before they should, etc. Animate them better, as of right now they’re twitchy and look like garbage.

• Madness is like gravity. All it needs is a little push.

You are right grec, we should totally nerf knights instead. They are pretty op with ctfp to instant lookdown overhead.

• Also, bring back the 50ft VG charge.

• @SOC:

Or maybe it’s the bads who only play the OP classes whine when they’re finally threatened to have to use real skill for fair and even fights. We learned to deal with the crap a long time ago, but it was never fun nor was it ever fair.

In what context does a class that fights from range a fair and even fight? Is it fair to have them kill people from a distance without any help? Or are they expected to always be forced into melee for every one on one encounter? Like I said in the poll thread there’s a “space” for every weapon concept already. A nerf would just make another choice the most optimal one.

Already the bow draw speed feels gross compared to other medieval real time games like Mount and Blade and Skyrim. Making them slower and or weaker would alienate anyone who isn’t an expert. Competitive games can rule out certain weapons and classes through rules and restrictions. Pubs can’t.

Instead of nerfing the archer directly use indirect methods like moving the rate of fire and power distribution to favor faster shots but lower damage for bows so that dps is mathematically the same but favors accuracy. Increase health regen and add bonus rates for killing foes and pressing C while standing still. If you could rest quickly like in Deadliest Warrior between cover the power of arrow attrition is lost. Add defensive items like coat of plates that replaces your primary weapon for further reduced damage etc.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Archers are great in team environments, but while Greg’s arguments are pretty much non-existant, I’ll agree with him on this:

You’re so strange.

Theres a difference between not being able ‘to deal with shit’, and something being wildly overpowered. If you can point out absolutely anything at all to counter the argument that archer has more potential to control games over any other class then be my guest.

Although ofc being hit by arrows is something that doesn’t happen to the good players. Are you trolling? “Nerfbat to compensate for lack of skill”. Lol.

Also, it sounds like umad over the MAA nerfs. Well, yeah I didnt think they’re necessary either, but if you think that archer isn’t in need of balancing then you’re very strange.

Well, you’re quite strange at the best of times but, come along - down from your lofty “gitgudlel” perch little nova, and shave off your neckbeard while your at it.