Weapons were changed, thanks!

• Now how bout some detailed descriptions of what got changed instead of saying “Bearded axe has been slowed down”?

Thanks.

• It was fast now its slow. Its the most accurate description torn banner could possibly give you.

• @lemonater47:

It was fast now its slow. Its the most accurate description torn banner could possibly give you.

They could say exactly what they changed to make it slower. Did they increase the windup, increase the release, both? And what were the original values? This is stuff we’d like to see in patch notes.

• Wish they slowed the bardiche overhead down but aye

• Still don’t really understand why they’ve gone for a bearded axe nerf FIRST. Why would you nerf the bearded axe… but ignore the entire roster of vanguard weapons that need looking at. Most of the knight weapons need buffs compared to vanguard stuff, I dont think nerfing stuff available to the knight is a good move atm considering the state of the class. Boggles the mind, its not even a weapon that even really saw much use. On that topic - either nerf vanguard or buff knight - is the way I see it, but not necessarily both: that could be overkill.

More pressing issues spring to mind. I agree that the overhead was glitchy, but now it probably needs some sort of a buff now to actually make it useful, cus that was pretty much all the weapon had going for it, but IDK. I dont really use it so I dont care, particularly.

The only thing i’d criticise TB for atm is doing things in a fairly weird order. Bubble/Archer/Lockout/Vanguard ought to be the sequence of balancing/testing, but tbf as long it all gets done in the end I’m not fussed.

• @Triumphant:

Still don’t really understand why they’ve gone for a bearded axe nerf FIRST. Why would you nerf the bearded axe… but ignore the entire roster of vanguard weapons that need looking at. Most of the knight weapons need buffs compared to vanguard stuff, I dont think nerfing stuff available to the knight is a good move atm considering the state of the class. Boggles the mind, its not even a weapon that even really saw much use. On that topic - either nerf vanguard or buff knight - is the way I see it, but not necessarily both: that could be overkill.

More pressing issues spring to mind. I agree that the overhead was glitchy, but now it probably needs some sort of a buff now to actually make it useful, cus that was pretty much all the weapon had going for it, but IDK. I dont really use it so I dont care, particularly.

The only thing i’d criticise TB for atm is doing things in a fairly weird order. Bubble/Archer/Lockout/Vanguard ought to be the sequence of balancing/testing, but tbf as long it all gets done in the end I’m not fussed.

I guess they don’t know how to exactly nerf archers/vanguards while bearded axe is a no brainer - just nerf the overhead.

• Yeah, good point to be fair. lol!

• Bearded axe could specialize in cutting down doors! Makes sense, since it’s an axe after all, right? :P

• Nerf vanguard? Lol why? Yeah, the vanguard has some ridiculous weapons like the claymore, but please don’t nerf the class… the vanguard doesn’t take more hits from most weapons than a maa. And since one of the last patches, I don’t see ANY difference in running speed between knight and vanguard anymore. every knight is as fast as me. and when chasing even faster (chase-boost, legit).

About the bearded axe. Well it was a little too fast in my opinion. but I hope they didn’t make it MUCH slower… I never found the bearded axe a hard weapon to fight against. it’s low range made it easy for me to take the advantage of range.

• @Peter:

Nerf vanguard? Lol why? Yeah, the vanguard has some ridiculous weapons like the claymore, but please don’t nerf the class… the vanguard doesn’t take more hits from most weapons than a maa. And since one of the last patches, I don’t see ANY difference in running speed between knight and vanguard anymore. every knight is as fast as me. and when chasing even faster (chase-boost, legit).

About the bearded axe. Well it was a little too fast in my opinion. but I hope they didn’t make it MUCH slower… I never found the bearded axe a hard weapon to fight against. it’s low range made it easy for me to take the advantage of range.

I don’t know what mod you’ve been playing, but knights are still noticeably slower in Vanilla. Also, the knight chase mechanic has been a bit dodgy as of late. Sometimes it works, sometimes and doesn’t; when it does work, I still have to chase my enemy a fair amount of distance to close the gap.

• @Peter:

Nerf vanguard? Lol why? Yeah, the vanguard has some ridiculous weapons like the claymore, but please don’t nerf the class…

If you nerf the most powerful weapons of a class you will consequentially nerf it, too.

The Bearded Axe was just looking out of place - it wasn’t even that fast but being faster then both Longsword and Sword of War just felt wrong (same with the Claymore that should be slower but more powerful than both not the other way around). It should get some compensation though (reach? combo time?). And it would be really good to know the exact amount of the change.

• @Evil:

If you nerf the most powerful weapons of a class you will consequentially nerf it, too.

Well okay, let me say what I really meant: I meant please don’t nerf the classes stats.
    Actually I think the vanguard could use SLIGHTLY stronger armor against sharp weapons. I find it kind of redicolous, that a vanguard usually doesn’t need more hits than a maa (depending on the wapon of course). But two stabs of broadsword and the vanguard goes down. And the maa doesn’t need less to die.

But ONLY for bladed weapons. I think blunt weapons should do the same to the vanguard. or maybe, as a comprimise, even more damage.

• Yeah, odd that the knight is the first class to get a weapon nerf. As the quality of players has steadily gotten better over the months, fewer and fewer play knight, because they know doing so puts them at a fair disadvantage. MAA has insane backwards/side-to-side footspeed AND dodge, while the Van can control range with long, high damage, fast weapons.

Knights are slow, our shields are fairly bad and cover less area than a parry, our weapons are fairly short range, and our extra armor is rendered moot by certain types of weapons. We need some kind of advantage, shorter flinch times might make sense.

Edit: Forget everything I said, we have a kite shield for our useless flails now!

• @Peter:

Well okay, let me say what I really meant: I meant please don’t nerf the classes stats.
    Actually I think the vanguard could use SLIGHTLY stronger armor against sharp weapons. I find it kind of redicolous, that a vanguard usually doesn’t need more hits than a maa (depending on the wapon of course). But two stabs of broadsword and the vanguard goes down. And the maa doesn’t need less to die.

But ONLY for bladed weapons. I think blunt weapons should do the same to the vanguard. or maybe, as a comprimise, even more damage.

Biggest problem with the broad isn’t the damage, it is that the range is so deceptively long. They need to take a look at the tracers/animation/run speeds with the broad, because, in my opinion, the range is far too long or the model needs to be adjusted.

As for vanguards, balancing some of the weapons should bring the class back into balance.

1. GS - Crouch Overhead lookdowns are far too powerful, and the base OH windup needs to be increased. The stab release may potentially need to be altered as well.

2. Brandistock - LMB speed/damage needs a revert/heavy nerf. Other than that, maybe adjust the stab damage so it can’t one shot MAA.

3. Claymore - I am all for fast weapons, but clearly, the game engine cannot handle them properly. The claymore needs to be slowed down if it is ever to be balanced correctly. It simply doesn’t animate properly and consistently most of the time.

4. Polehammer - If extreme handle hits aren’t going to be addressed, then honestly, the polehammer does need to be balanced better.

Other than that, a lot of the vanguard weapons are in a good place given the vanguard’s class attributes.

• @SHH_:

Biggest problem with the broad isn’t the damage, it is that the range is so deceptively long. They need to take a look at the tracers/animation/run speeds with the broad, because, in my opinion, the range is far too long or the model needs to be adjusted.

As for vanguards, balancing some of the weapons should bring the class back into balance.

1. GS - Crouch Overhead lookdowns are far too powerful, and the base OH windup needs to be increased. The stab release may potentially need to be altered as well.

2. Brandistock - LMB speed/damage needs a revert/heavy nerf. Other than that, maybe adjust the stab damage so it can’t one shot MAA.

3. Claymore - I am all for fast weapons, but clearly, the game engine cannot handle them properly. The claymore needs to be slowed down if it is ever to be balanced correctly. It simply doesn’t animate properly and consistently most of the time.

4. Polehammer - If extreme handle hits aren’t going to be addressed, then honestly, the polehammer does need to be balanced better.

Other than that, a lot of the vanguard weapons are in a good place given the vanguard’s class attributes.

About the greatsword: What do you mean with the stab release needing to be altered?

I think that the greatswords stab is… a great downside of the weapon for it’s user. The stab is slower than the Zweihänders stab and it is interruptable in nearly any state of release.

• Stab release needs to be shortened. The thing is so incredibly wobbly, you don’t even need to try to drag it. Shortening it will make the stab combos a bit faster, and make drags more skillful.

• @SHH_:

Stab release needs to be shortened. The thing is so incredibly wobbly, you don’t even need to try to drag it. Shortening it will make the stab combos a bit faster, and make drags more skillful.

I agree with that.

• @Peter:

About the greatsword: What do you mean with the stab release needing to be altered?

I think that the greatswords stab is… a great downside of the weapon for it’s user. The stab is slower than the Zweihänders stab and it is interruptable in nearly any state of release.

It’s retardedly draggable, simple as that. Please don’t bring your fucking Greatsword bias back in these forums. Any competent player that isn’t a Greatsword main knows that the Greatsword in just down right ridiculous. I don’t even want to argue this because it shouldn’t need to be at this point. Reduce the stab release to .4 and increase the OH windup to at least .55. The OH windup combined with its fantastic reach(because longer weapons are passively made much faster from a distance) AND handle hits is just beyond broken. Not only that, but the Greatsword’s OH is so fast that it forces you to parry significantly early and that combined with its floaty animations and long OH release just makes it one of the easiest things to drecel in the game. Enough has been said about the Greatsword and there no is feasible way to justify the Greatsword’s strength as not being even a little broken.

EDIT:
    @Peter:

I agree with that.

Okay, at least you acknowledge the stab change.

• @SHH_:

I agree with the windup change (its as fast/faster than the Longswords - wtf?) and a faster stab release might be okay as well to make dragging a little bit harder.
    @SHH_:

Slash speed (windup and recovery) and damage nerf, stab speed nerf (windup) and maybe reduce the release on overhead/stab to make it less draggable. I don’t think the capability to oneshot MaA to the head is much of a problem - its doesn’t need nerfing here when you cut down the slash to a reasonable level.
    @SHH_:

3. Claymore - I am all for fast weapons, but clearly, the game engine cannot handle them properly.

For some reason there are faster weapons properly handled. Might be the Claymores length but it might also just because it feels odd. Its supposed to be a pure twohanded sword and you would expect it to be slower and hit harder than the Longsword not the other way around. Solution? Just bring the old Claymore back (maybe with somewhat reduced stabbing damage). The new one is not overpowered - but its just not a Claymore.
    @SHH_:

Handle hits all the way here. Otherwise a small speed nerf (windup) would help.
    @SHH_:

People argue about the knockback being unfun. So maybe it could be toned down a little (stabs!) in exchange for a better charge attack (shorter, faster, less glitchy) or a tiny movement speed buff.

And the Throwing Knives might need some love - it seems like Throwing Axes outcompete them right now. Might be popularity or maybe because two heavy hitting projeciles work better for a melee class than four not as heavy hitting ones (aka “takes too long to throw them all”).

• @Nohbdy111:

Enough has been said about the Greatsword and there no is feasible way to justify the Greatsword’s strength as not being even a little broken.

+100000000000