You reset all our bindings AGAIN?

• I play with the razer orbweaver, all my bindings take a lot of time to setup and you keep on reseting them. I was a returning player but I just cant be bothered going through the whole process again.

I hate to be a crying forum ragekid but this is so frustrating for me. I dont have time to be rebinding all my keys again and again, I only get a few hours to play during the week. Please have more care for your customers.

• Even though it’s not as bad for me I still have to agree, it’s really annoying. Personally I have to reset around 10-15 keys

• after about the 20th time you get over it though.
    whats worse is when you have to redo all your customizations.

• hey thilly goothes… are you aware that you can copy the ini filezz and then pathte them into the folder again whenever there ith a patch?

jethuthhhh i thought you guythhh were thmarter than that!

• If only there was a way to copy your UDKgame.ini folder for easy transfer of all the bindings. . .Oh wait there is.

• @50ShadesofClay:

hey thilly goothes… are you aware that you can copy the ini filezz and then pathte them into the folder again whenever there ith a patch?

jethuthhhh i thought you guythhh were thmarter than that!

Problem is that this can fuck up when they change something about the settings

• @afiNity:

Problem is that this can fuck up when they change something about the settings

Then there’sthis nifty thing called notepad or notepad++, you can go into the file, copy the lines with bindings into the new one and bam, done. Not that hard takes about half a minute.

• @Xylvion:

Then there’sthis nifty thing called notepad or notepad++, you can go into the file, copy the lines with bindings into the new one and bam, done. Not that hard takes about half a minute.

Stop defending TB, I’m not stupid

• How the hell do you guys need so many binds. The only bind I’ve ever changed was making B my third person button. Everything else feels right to me. I couldn’t even think of 15 keys required in game…

• For the die hard Chiv players - this isn’t the end of the world. For new players who are testing the game - it’s enough to make them quit.

This is awful for player retention. You can argue that if this is enough to make them quit - they probably wouldn’t have stayed around anyways. That may be true in some cases - but I’m sure some of those players would have stuck around longer and maybe got sucked in like the rest of us.

• The only key I rebind is the dodge from v to q. Other than that I’m fine.

• Yeah, this is annoying indeed. Though I have only 5-6 keys to rebind, so it would just take longer time to copy-paste .ini than to just rebind them again.

• @Tyoson:

How the hell do you guys need so many binds. The only bind I’ve ever changed was making B my third person button. Everything else feels right to me. I couldn’t even think of 15 keys required in game…

If you are using a non-english keyboard your bindings are somewhat messed up by default.

Then you got alternate attacks, sprint attacks and the one-button dodge. By preference you want to swap them with existing binds (having dodge on the mouse and not having spring attack on LMB is preferable to me - I also like to overhead with mouse3)

• I’ve got stab+oh on mouse4 and mouse5. Primary weapon on mousewheel up and secondary weapon on mousewheel down. Etc.

• Yup,
    The two recent keybind wipes really got on my nerve. When you have limited time infront of the computer you’re hard pressed to find a reason to not just play another game or just do something else.
    Subsequently, when you do think about returning to the game you’re aware that you’re going to have to rebind your keys.
    It’s not a good thing….

• Being a lefty sucks in this case, have to rebind every key to and around the numpad and delete the ones of the arrow keys. Not as bad as it used to be where two actions would be bound to one key and I had to edit .ini’s to prevent that. Still an annoyance to have to rebind though.

• I guess there is no point in this thread being here. I still havent played Chiv since the reset and it doesnt look like this issue will get fixed.

• Ya’ll must be really handicapped to require that many bindings lmao.

• It takes me less than a minute to reset my keys, and I rebind almost everything to mouse buttons. How many fingers are you people missing here?

• Ok guys the solution to this problem is fairly simple and has worked for me over the last few patches. I too play with a Razor Nostromo and a G500 mouse and I have my key config completely different than default as well as a shit ton of INI tweaks to get MAX FPS.

SO… what you do after you get all your keybinds and INI tweaks how you want them. Make a copy of the following:
    UDKGame.ini - Key bindings and some settings
    UDKSystemSettings.INI - Most graphic settings
    UDKEngine.ini - Most engine and some graphic and memory settings

Now that you have a copy, goto the original versions and right click on them and choose properties.
    Then put a check in the READ ONLY check box.
    This will prevent Chiv and patch updates from writing over these INI files.

You will also have a back up in case a patch does in fact write over it. But that is pretty rare.