Mods raising server ping

• will this be fixed at some point?

Currently whenever i install a mod (not a custom map) on the server the ping goes from 40-50 average to 80-120

oops i meant ping in the title

• Yep just tested it, without mod the server runs at 30-50 pings trough a full map (24 slots)

when i install a mod (the lightsaber mod in this case) the server starts with 30-50 pings, after a while the average ping rises to 60-90

• Developer

I’m investigating. Is this happening with all mods, or only the laser swords one?

• I think only the lasersword one for now

• Developer

I don’t know. I’m looking at some game thread profiles and I’m not really seeing any significant hits in that mod. Performance, at least with bots, looks similar to performance without any mod.

• I think its lag hakers bro, watch who joins and watch the server all the sudden start doing that weird lag spike where people run straight for 20 feet then teleport to where they actually are.

I hate to say it but most of the time its the people who play vanguard with those dumb swords, I saw it happen all the time on my server which is 1 of the reason why those swords were nerfed, we made them actually require skill to play and magicaly all the lag hakn fagy vanguards disdsapeared and the server runs fine and people love it.

you know your a loser when a 12 foot sword isn’t enough for you and yet you have to resort to lag hakn modded servers or any server therefore, some people I swear.

its usually the fools with 220+ ping that are running the lag hacks
    watch for them and ban them swiftly.

• @WARSAW:

I think its lag hakers

@WARSAW:

lag hakn fagy vanguards

@WARSAW:

• you gonna troll this topic now too?

• @WARSAW:

you gonna troll this topic now too?

Define “lag hacks”. :)

Or pick from the following suggestions:
    1. Lagging
    2. Hacking
    3. Purposefully using higher ping
    4. Lagging bad enough to be accused of hacking
    5. Not hacking obviously enough so it’s confused with lagging
    6. Both lagging and hacking severely enough to be accused of both
    7. Hack gal
    8. Lack hag
    9. Calk hag

• look don’t derail the topic, we know he’s trolling

I’m not a lag hacker I don’t know how people are doing it,

I’ve heard lots of things but all I know is they are are doing it
    and I’ve taken steps to do what keeps the server running good and the players happy.

If theres somthing that TB can also do to help stop them as well then that would be great also.

Tthat’s why we are here my friend

• @WARSAW:

look don’t derail the topic, we know he’s trolling

You’re the one derailing the thread.

• @WARSAW:

I think its lag hakers bro, watch who joins and watch the server all the sudden start doing that weird lag spike where people run straight for 20 feet then teleport to where they actually are.

I hate to say it but most of the time its the people who play vanguard with those dumb swords, I saw it happen all the time on my server which is 1 of the reason why those swords were nerfed, we made them actually require skill to play and magicaly all the lag hakn fagy vanguards disdsapeared and the server runs fine and people love it.

you know your a loser when a 12 foot sword isn’t enough for you and yet you have to resort to lag hakn modded servers or any server therefore, some people I swear.

this is the dumbest thing ive read on this forum

• @WARSAW:

I think its lag hakers bro, watch who joins and watch the server all the sudden start doing that weird lag spike where people run straight for 20 feet then teleport to where they actually are.

Please, just please tell me that this is a troll.

• @Albert!:

Please, just please tell me that this is a troll.

Nope, he’s completely serious. I’ve never seen it go this far before though.

• lag hack to OP nerf plz.

• @WARSAW:

what the fuck

• yeah im derailing it with my on topic post
    yet the 5 of you yahoos troll back to back and I get a moderator warning.
    seriously?

you guys need to stay off of my posts if your not gonna contribute.

go troll somewhere else, if you don’t run a server then you shouldnt even be in this topic or have any usefull input then go do something constructive and stop acting like 8 yr olds.

I stated my problem and listed the fix for it, if you don’t like it or don’t agree with what I said then too bad, deal with it.
    don’t make yourselves look like any bigger of fools then you already do by stalking me and my posting.

its bad enough you aren’t banned for trolling my mod post topics, yall need to be regulated.

ive seen the evidence of the lag hackers and I did what was needed to remove losers like that from my server, and im passing along info for others to look out for.

you think its coincidence that the day we nerfed those 12 ft swords all the lag hakn vanguards just disappeared,

I doubt it, this game is full of some interesting people,
    just look at what I have to deal with here on the forums.
    and you think people don’t lag hack your a fool, or maybe just another troll or even a lag hacker yourself!

• @WARSAW:

if you don’t run a server then you shouldnt even be in this topic or have any usefull input then go do something constructive and stop acting like 8 yr olds.

Just because someone is not running server currently does not mean that they do not posses knowledge about the topic or they haven’t ran server before.

@WARSAW:

I stated my problem and listed the fix for it, if you don’t like it or don’t agree with what I said then too bad, deal with it.
    don’t make yourselves look like any bigger of fools then you already do by stalking me and my posting.

Your “fix” for this “problem” is to ban all vanguards who are using swords and have 220+ ping. Only one who is making fool of themselves here is you.

@WARSAW:

ive seen the evidence of the lag hackers and I did what was needed to remove losers like that from my server, and im passing along info for others to look out for.

And where is this evidence of yours?

@WARSAW:

you think its coincidence that the day we nerfed those 12 ft swords all the lag hakn vanguards just disappeared,

Or maybe you just accidentally fixed your mod while you shortened those swords?

@WARSAW:

I doubt it, this game is full of some interesting people,

Sure is, can’t disagree with that.

@WARSAW:

and you think people don’t lag hack your a fool, or maybe just another troll or even a lag hacker yourself!

Damn, you got me! I’m just lag hakn troll.

• I never said I ban all vanguards with a 220 ping, as I said its usualy them who are doing it my friend.

ive ran a server for over 14 months in this game, and im in there everyday for hours and i have well over 3000 hrs in chivalry,
    I know a legit player when I see one, most people should be able to tell a hack in this game expecially in the stock game, anything fast is easily caught or recognized and dealt with.

time and time again banning those ones who were lag hacking instantly fixed the problem, that’s proof enough for me dude, expecially when every single one that’s been banned for lag hacking has had a high ping.

I don’t kick for high ping and my server plays fine when legit 300 pingers are on it, also more proof.

what proof do you have that they aren’t doing it?

and shortening those swords didn’t do anything to our mod but clear out the people abusing it and lag hacking the server,
    as I stated,
    the instant we rolled out to live they didn’t come around anymore,
    more proof to me it was them doing it.

find proof it aint them and ill change my opinion, until then here it is.

• Oh, is this the thread where “lag hakn” originates from?